Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Bell

Razani, N. Waziristan Map

Simly stunning! One of the greatest maps for sure. It's the best map for playing Afghan scenarios in my opinion. Just wonder what the 1.0 version should look like?

works in arma 2 aswell, played it with 5000 viewdistance and everything on highest.

40+ fps while flying a10, just some buildings and enviroment was missing i think.

Hi, the error saying that was missing some opteryx buildings have dissapeared. Let's C ya

works in arma 2 aswell, played it with 5000 viewdistance and everything on highest.

40+ fps while flying a10, just some buildings and enviroment was missing i think.

Holy sh*t ... thats the reason after all this time I logged back in to see :yay:

Any chance of some arma 2 videos with this map just to see it with head bob and blur effects, oooh nice.

One reason this would be great for Arma2 is the uniqueness of it, plus the FPS hit wont be as much due to the nature of the map.

PS - Nicholas I may get back to some screen-shotting soon (especially Arma2 when I get it next week) have been out of the loop for some time. Haven't played A1 since Feb due to life things.

Great to see your still molding this beauty :)

Edited by mrcash2009

One reason this would be great for Arma2 is the uniqueness of it, plus the FPS hit wont be as much due to the nature of the map.

you have way better fps in arma2 than in arma1.

some examples:

avgani city with ai in arma1 10-15 fps everything on medium 700 viewdistance.

avgani with more ai in arma2 25-50 fps everything on highest 5000 viewdistance :D

same on afghanvillage in arma1 20 fps with medium settings , in arma2 40+ everything on highest.

the point is that arma2 uses multicore cpu so everything is much smoother than in arma1.

Edited by horror1

True and understood.

I was just referring to the fact that this particular map will be and FPS dream in Arma2. Though nice to know Avagani etc are also looking to be good especially knowing some of those maps did have FPS issues in places.

Welcome back, Mr Cash2009 :) Always enjoy your landscape photography. I think the new sat map colors add much to the environment. Don't have ArmA2 yet so I can't personally speak for how it will run on that, but hopefully in a week or so I will find out.

Yes indeed I cant wait my pre-order should land on the mat Thursday, I will probably give it a test drive in Arma2 as one of the initial things I try :)

Will take some snaps at that time too once i'm pulled back into Arma with the new release and 2 arriving.

Did you have to do anything to it? I can run the map fine in ArmA, but ArmA II crashes whenever I try to load it

I can run Avgani and Afghan village fine, though

Edited by DerRelienT

Despite the success to run the ArmA1 content on ArmA2, I'm eagerly looking forward to a true ArmA2 version of Razani, but that will probably have to wait until proper editing tools are out. Imagine the rivers with "real", great looking water^^

Last I checked this isn't the ArmA II section of the forum. I recommend starting a new thread about this map over there.

How about this map for ARMA? WIP or canceled? Any info?????????

How about this map for ARMA? WIP or canceled? Any info?????????

Reading the first post is to much work?

When loading this map in a launcher I get this message: Addon Razani requiers addon CAPlants.

Does anyone know what CAPlants is?

Requirements:

This map addon includes razani.pbo and razmisc.pbo (Bisign and public key for both included) and requires the following additional addon to function fully:

Desert2.pbo - from Queen's Gambit. You lose half the grass clutter, one rock type and one bush type if you don't have it.

Could be from QG.

CAPlants is official BIS's ArmA1 pbo for vegetation. It got replaced by plants2.pbo (aka CAPlants2), so you need that PBO from A1 or install 2GB addon project CAA1.

I've downloaded CAA1 yesterday. Do I need anything or to do from that mod?

I am not working on Razani at all because ARMA2 refuses to work on my system and there is no point IMO on completing it only for ARMA. So until BIS patches ARMA2 so it works or I get a new computer (neither seems likely in near future) this project is dead. Too bad, I had a lot of neat ideas for the rest of the map.