Sign in to follow this  
Spetz

Earth Hour 2009

From Wikipedia:

Quote[/b] ]Earth Hour is an annual international event created by the WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature/World Wildlife Fund), held on the last Saturday of March, that asks households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights and electrical appliances for one hour to raise awareness towards the need to take action on climate change. It was pioneered by WWF Australia and the Sydney Morning Herald in 2007,[1] and achieved worldwide participation in 2008.

Earth Hour will next take place on Saturday, March 28 2009 at 8:30 pm, local time.

So what are you guys planning to do on that day?

Thanks for letting us know. I will be turning of as many lights as possible, definitely.

I hope BIS doesn't release ArmAII demo at that time...

I pretty much turn off all nonessential lights anyway.

So do i with the price of bloody electric here in the UK  crazy_o.gif

Even got the missis bitching at me for running 2 monitors. help.gif

shuting down most lights, light some candles and watch a movie with some friends maybe or take a walk outside smile_o.gif

Since I have to pay for electricity I shut them down anyway biggrin_o.gif

A lot of cities that participate reduce their energy consumption by like 10%, which is pretty good, We in Canada are pretty Green thinking except in 'Texas Wannabe State, Cowboy & redneck, liberal hating, pick-up truck driving' Province of Alberta, Where heavy Polluting Oil Sands are located. They increased their electricity last year during the Earth Hour.

I hope they find a way to be sustainable without lowering our quality of life.

With the help of an unsuspected accomplice, while the public will throw us tomatoes, we will piledriver one of my neighbors and strangle him with the ring ropes until the referee disqualify me. Then we will run after him trying to knock him with a chair as a revenge.

2lcve5f.jpg

... oops, you mean the WWF, i thought it was about WWWF... oh well my plans are now wasted, i will certainly shut down some additional lights, and like every hypocrite around will then light them up all the day after.

I think its more about the symbol of caring than the actual results anyway.

Over here is heavy protests from the environment movement anytime someone proposes to build clean energy like wind, water, wave or nuclear power.

So we keep buying coal-burning power from Russia instead rofl.gif

hum! nothing.

these actions are useless. if we want to change our societies and maybe the future, we must do things more important. first of all, we must change ours habits not only during a day, but during 365 days

its a symbolic measure to raise awareness of the Situation, there are people out there that believe we shouldn't take any action to become sustainable,

I think the situation is beyond Global Warming, and more on using resources more efficiently and reduce our demand of fossil fuels,(which i personally believe, are limited amount in the world, not endless supply )

I shall not comply because:

a) I do not like being told what to do.

b) <s>I would freeze to death.</s> scratch that, probably won't be too cold here in late March.

c) This is silly.

that asks households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights and electrical appliances for one hour to raise awareness towards the need to take action on climate change.

Maybe its just me, but does the limited amount of time seem to imply that by the end of the hour we should all hurry around the house/office to turn on all those lights and appliances that we don't need? tounge2.gif Surely it should be something that people are doing all the time as opposed to for one hour only as part of some charity's publicity campaign.

that asks households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights and electrical appliances for one hour to raise awareness towards the need to take action on climate change.

Maybe its just me, but does the limited amount of time seem to imply that by the end of the hour we should all hurry around the house/office to turn on all those lights and appliances that we don't need? tounge2.gif Surely it should be something that people are doing all the time as opposed to for one hour only as part of some charity's publicity campaign.

I agree about that, if your not using the light or appliance it should be turned off, I personally doubt that there will be  a large difference in my households electricity consumption, I might turn off the TV and PC which run like 10 hours a day for that hour. (i gotta grandma that watches TV non stop, leaves it on even when she goes to cook or something)

Earth day eh?

I'll turn all my electrical appliances, lights and take a trip to John'O Groats and back, I am thinking about borrowing a Land Rover to do that.

Quote[/b] ]I shall not comply because:

Most senseless argument i ever heard...

Why?

It is not like they are asking you to do something for their own benefit... It is the benefit of all of us (and that includes you).

Why?

Because it shows the maturity of a 5 year old.

I conserve energy all year. Some of my neighbors have there whole house lit up every night, and then they do this 1 hour crap. It's stupid. Last year I turned on my outside lights to give them something to talk about. nener.gif

Doing my Chemistry sad_o.gif

I hate college... at least I'm there 12+ hours a day. So I can keep the heat and most of the electric off most of the time at my house, everythings pretty cheap otherwise.

I'm going to burn tyres in my back yard, change the oil in my car flushing it down the sink mind you and shoot at as many endagered species as I can see... which I will then cook over said tyre fire.

The "World Wildlife Fund" is a fraudulent non-profit (tax-free) corporation founded by top Nazi Scientists, so called "Eugenics".

Before those crooks founded their "WWF", they had other organisations for instance "American Eugenics Society".

However after the second world war and its brutal slaughter+terrible scientific tests on imprisoned jews/gypsies/disabled/gay people for "eugenic-research", they quickly realized that its maybe not so cool anymore to be a official supporter of "eugenics".

And so the top Eugenics founded their "WWF".

Founders/Leaders/Supporters were:

- Prince Phillip (on his death-bed he said "If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.").

- Julian Huxley

- Rockefeller Familiy

You can read a bit about eugenics here:

http://www.oldthinkernews.com/Articles/oldthinker%20news/eugenics.htm

Everyone (here in germany at least) who has access to alternativ/neutral NON-PRIVATE TV-Channels, will already have heard about tendencies that those things could be hoax:

- Oil is limited and in 30 year we will have no oil anymore

- Global warming is caused by Humans and CO2.

I just saw, even in Autralian people are not as "dumbed down" by their mass medias as i thought the majority of the english-speaking nations are....

At least a woman is asking the correct question on a discussion about "The global warming swindle":

<a href="http://aftermathnews.wordpress.com/2007/08/08/julian-huxleys-enviro-eugenics-agenda-exposed-on-tv-during-great-global-warming-swindle-de

bate/" target="_blank">http://aftermathnews.wordpress.com/2007....-debate</a>

Also a nice video-collection about Eugenics, if you are interested in that field:

Video1 (not really necessary):

Video2:

Video3:

Video4:

Video5: