Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

Great!

Does it recognize automatically the height of walls?

I mean, what about little walls and fountains?

For small obstacles there is the small "jump over" (when in combat mode, press the turbo key and the move back key in the same time).

animations can't adjust themselves to specific wall heights.

Nice although it looks funny that he jumps unto the wall instead of just climbing from the begining.

STGN

For small obstacles there is the small "jump over" (when in combat mode, press the turbo key and the move back key in the same time).

animations can't adjust themselves to specific wall heights.

Ok, i'm sorry, i just got it and tried, till now i used only in combat mode, never done in "safe mode" (patrol stance) before.

:sulkoff:

Nice although it looks funny that he jumps unto the wall instead of just climbing from the begining.

STGN

I have my idea on how to fix that. Hopefully should be easy.

Rework of that climbing animation :

The beginning of the anim, before the unit is really climing, should look more natural this time.

Looks pretty good to me. I take it that's been scripted so the AI wouldn't do that automatically?

Also, how is the release of ArmA II going to affect your work on the mod? You know it was already released in Germany. Will you keep sticking on OFP? :)

Yes it is just a

this playmove "moverover2"

in the Waypoint Activation line.

Also, how is the release of ArmA II going to affect your work on the mod? You know it was already released in Germany. Will you keep sticking on OFP?

Honestly i am not interested into ArmA2, so it will not impact my work on OFP.

And i have a lot planned for the years to come for OFP anyways even if none else than me continue to stick with it ;)

Looks realy good and prity natural actualy!

Fantastic looking animations, they look very natural. :) Excellent work as always!

@Addonis: I've had the same issue when trying to use WW4beta anims in WGL and managed to solve it by copying some anim file (prolly the one for lyingtocrouch, but I don't know for sure) from Dta to sanc_anims.pbo and modifying the config accordingly. No idea why that worked, but it did.
Too bad that you don't remember the name of that anim. I'll try to figure it out by myself. But where I should put that .rtm file? By writing "sanc_anims.pbo" you mean that I have to modify my Anim.pbo file in my-mod directory or "sanc_animcr.pbo" in my SLX dir?

And when I'll be done with that, what to do with config file? If you can tell me how to fix that bug step-by-step...

I'd be very grateful if you could help me because this bug is so annoying:mad:

@Sanctuary: Will you put some more additional dyning animations in ww4mod? You know, something like in SLX:)

Not planned for the official upgrade.

Maybe in the future expansion, maybe not, i'll see.

A thing that looks funny is that if you shoot a guy backing away he will be flung forward and hit with his head first completly defying fysics I don't know if its posible to correct it, looks like it plays a forward moving death animation.

STGN

I will give a look to see what it is going on in the config, hopefully a simple fix.

As i forgot to add them in the Modder Ressource Pack 4, here they are , the Modder Ressource Pack 6 that feature the MLOD version of every soldiers replacing the 1985 BIS units in the WW4 mod :

Get it there :

http://files.filefront.com/ww4+rpl+MLODSrar/;13824269;/fileinfo.html

or there :

http://sharebee.com/b4500eb0

Note, some of those MLODs are updated version since the WW4 release to fix some missing shadow bug.

EDIt : before i forgot, i would like to thank Fab. from WWIIEC mod for his animation tool that is complementary to OFPAnim.

His genius tool enabled me to improve those WW4 animations in ways it is impossible to do with OFPAnim alone.

Edited by Sanctuary

@Addonis: My mistake, it was ww4_modanim. Here's a snippet of the code (you'd have to copy the anim from Dta/anims.pbo to ww4_modanim.pbo)

class LyingToCrouch: Default
	{
		preload=1;
		actions="CrouchActions";
		//file="lehklek.rtm";
		file="\ww4_modanim\lehklek.rtm";

@Sanctuary: I'm toying with CfgMoves again, if it's not too hard and this idea appeals to you, could you make CrouchToCombat and CombatToCrouch have less weapon movement? I'm trying to use enableOptics=1 for those (going for an Arma2-like transition with no sights disruption :)) and with the current anim it causes me to aim into the ground.

Test with this :

http://files.filefront.com/testwpnanimrar/;13846041;/fileinfo.html

Inside of the RAR archive there are 2 files :

-ssTANIDOKLEK.rtm

-klekdostani.rtm

they are the transition between the "stand aiming" and the "crouch aiming"

Open the @ww4mod1\Dta\Anim.pbo and replace the files of the same name inside of it.

Remember to back the original file first in case you don't like the new version.

Or you can redirect the file= path to another PBO if you don't want to touch the main Anim.pbo.

I don't think i will use them in the upcoming official upgrade. They would need more testing before i can make a decision, time that i am spending on some surprises.

They work great, thanks. If you're considering using them in the mod, I'd suggest a small weapon twitch up-left for kneeling and down-right for standing, otherwise thanks again, they're good enough for me.

@Addonis: My mistake, it was ww4_modanim. Here's a snippet of the code (you'd have to copy the anim from Dta/anims.pbo to ww4_modanim.pbo)
This really works stilpu!

Thank you so much for that help!

Now my anims look great!:)

What are the names of the jogging (both crouch and upright) and crawling anims. I have had an idea, I just wanted to test it out.

What are the names of the jogging (both crouch and upright) and crawling anims. I have had an idea, I just wanted to test it out.

You can find the anim names by looking in the WW4 bin\config.cpp folder :

for the jogging upright :

class CombatRunF:Default

(and the following classes CombatRun...)

class AimCombatRunF:CombatRunF

(and the following classes AimCombatRun...)

class OroCombatRunF:CombatRunF

(and the following classes OroCombatRun...)

for the jogging crouched :

class CrouchRunF:CombatRunF

(and the following classes CrouchRun...)

class AimCrouchRunF:CombatRunF
(and the following classes AimCrouchRun...)

for the crawling, look for
[code]class LyingCrawlF:LyingNoAim

(and the following class LyingCrawl...)

class LyingFastCrawlF:LyingCrawlF

is obviously crawl and pressing the turbo key in the same time

the line

file=....

contain the path to the .rtm file, if there is nothing in front of the .rtm file, it means the animation is located directly in the Anim.pbo located in the mod \dta\ folder.

else it will point you to the PBO name that contain the .rtm file in the mod \Addons\ folder

Edited by Sanctuary

Hi

can i help me?

right shadow model is strange

how can i fix it?

1234rdn.jpg

You can't fix it, unless you know how to use O2 and modify models, the shadow is using a less complex resolution lod that it should (open the easoldier.p3d , edit the lod 5.000 and remove the "lodnoshadow 1" properties, this lod is already under 400 faces and so can project a shadow).

But in the upcoming WW4 1.5 it is already fixed.

Edited by Sanctuary

Thanks to some very old thread, in WW4 all the helicopters are not "invisible" anymore to the ground soldiers.

Infantry will now be able to open fire at enemy helicopters instead of looking at them and doing nothing like idiots.

It was not a huge problem in the past, as AI helicopters were nearly as stupid as the ground infantry and usually were just flying over them without every trying to kill them.

But with some tweaked values in WW4, AI helicopters can now engage infantry a lot more often, so it is fair that AI infantry can now be allowed to defend themselves.

Anyways, the old OFP rule of "if AI weapon damage multiplied by 10 is inferior to the target armor=... value in its config , then AI will NEVER open fire at target" is always existing.

So it means the most armored helicopters will be engaged by heavy weaponry only, like machineguns by example.

Tanks MG are very eager to engage helicopter now, the same as they were engaged by helo missiles very quickly ;)

The fun stuff is that as a player when you fly in a helicopter it is not anymore a "shoot em all without any risk, they can't shoot back anyways", you will have to be very carefull and use more of the real "hide and popup" real world helicopter tactic.

EDIT : to not screw up missions that are using BIS helicopters, these changes WILL NOT be applied to BIS helos.

It will be only for WW4 helicopters when they will come, this way mission that will be made with the WW4 helos will be balanced for this gameplay change, something existing missions are most likely not at all.

Edited by Sanctuary

Thx

i fix shadow model

234s.jpg

Edited by ppp