Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

Thank you very much.

Condolences for you too Steel, terrible days to lose one of your family member.

Edited by Sanctuary

If you want just the basic animations, just take the Anim.pbo from the ...\@ww4mod1\dta\ folder and put it into ...\whatevermod\dta\

Now if you want the extra animations, that's a bit more work.

If whatever mod you want to play use the same class CfgMovesMC as BIS, simply copy pasting the whole class CfgMovesMC (without forgetting a line) from the ...\@ww4mod1\bin\ folder to the config of ...\whatevermod\bin\

The take the ww4_modanim.pbo from ...\@ww4mod1\Addons\ folder and put it into ...\whatevermod\Addons\

Now if whatever mod has additional animation defined in their main config (additional vehicles cargo, special anims etc...) instead of an addon config, you are out of luck as just copy pasting would delete those additional/special anims and would create a lot of problems ingame.

I've done everything you said but I have a little problem.

I used 'CfgMoves' part from your mod config, I copied 'Anim.pbo' from ww4 mod and added 'ww4_modanim.pbo' into my mod addons folder.

The problem is that I have some kind of "glitch" between animations from lying to crouch.

I don't know how to describe it exactly so I uploaded a video showing that problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6O_lBFO-cc

Any ideas how to fix that?

Thanks guys for the thoughts.

The problem is that I have some kind of "glitch" between animations from lying to crouch.

I don't know how to describe it exactly so I uploaded a video showing that problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6O_lBFO-cc

Any ideas how to fix that?

Last time i saw this bug it was in the SLX mod (and i guess it happens the same in FFUR and MCM mods as they are using SLX scripts).

Unfortunately i have strictly no idea on how to fix this, the SLX scripts are too complex for me to dive into.

Last time i saw this bug it was in the SLX mod (and i guess it happens the same in FFUR and MCM mods as they are using SLX scripts).

Unfortunately i have strictly no idea on how to fix this, the SLX scripts are too complex for me to dive into.

Too bad. I'm unfortunately using SLX... So I'll have to deal with that by myself somehow.

But thanks a lot anyway!

Damn! I was using SLX for long time but I have never seen that bug :(

Thanks for tips Sanctuary! I'm already using your new animations :)

Edited by Addonis

But it will take time before having a beta ready, i have paused modding for a while because of a mourning in my family.

All my condoleances Sanctuary :(

sending my condolences to you and your family.

Thank you guys.

It was an awfull week, but that's unfortunately a part of life.

Will resume work on WW4 soon, at least it will refresh my mind with something else.

So here is the plan for the very short term :

Because the expansion will effectively take ages before completion...

And that me releasing various betas of upcoming features can be confusing for whoever wants to play the very latest version of the mod but does not follow the thread, i am preparing an official WW4 patch.

So the WW4 modpack will soon be ported to version 1.1

It will have everything i have released so far in beta for testing, with hopefully additional fixes for the problems that had been reported to me and some not yet released beta content (reworked desert everon and lybianised version of desert everon similarly to the lybianised version of desert Malden, and maybe more) .

Additionally, i worked on additional AI animations when the soldiers are in combat relaxed state, so it makes the AI looking more lively.

It does not delay the death animations at all as from my tests each of those animations is interrupted as soon as an AI is shot to death, that was my primary concern, and it looks decent enough in my opinion to give a feeling of "life" for our artificially stupid friends ;)

Here is a youtube video to have a preview of what it is :

Absolutely no idea.

edit : just tested quickly by copy pasting the whole WW4 cfgMovesMC section over the ECP config, and the soldiers continue to shout in combat, talk once a while etc... , so the DSAI does not seem affected.

Edited by Sanctuary

The new animations look good! Reminds me of the earlier versions of OFP where the AI would also perform similiar animations.

Some of the animations could maybe use some changing though. Namely the ones where the AI looks around / behind his back. I don't think while the AI performs such animations, that they'd technically look into those directions. So imagine sneaking up behind some AI guy and it would perform such an animation, looking straight at you but won't care. :dead: That's what I'm talking about.

But otherwise it looks really promising! Definitely gives the AI more life. Keep up the good work!

If i can't find a way to have the AI line of sight to follow the head in the look to the back animation, this one will have to go unfortunately.

On a different note, while trying some things, climbing a ladder made me remember how really annoying it is because when you are on top, you go in "weapon on back" animation.

This could often lead to the player death the time you would go back in "weapon in hand" animation.

Though this was less of a problem in WW4, as once you are in weapon in back stance (patrol stance in WW4) , you can go into weapon in hand in less than one second. But that's always a small delay enough for a bullet to come to you.

Not anymore, in the update when you will climb up or down a ladder, once you are out of it, you will be automatically with the gun in your hand, ready to fire to anything.

As i want the official patch to be bug free to not have to patch the patch, i release now an early beta of some of the things that may not be yet finished.

It is very important that you don't play with the beta along with another mod, if you do, do not report errors you could observe, as they could be created by whatever combination of mods you are using.

TO INSTALL, follow carefully those instructions :

-download WW4 mod 1.0 from the 1st post of this thread, if you don't already have it.

install it correctly

-download the test content and install correctly as instructed

1- Additional Desert Malden

2- WW4 body armor System

-download this beta update that has some new stuff and upgrade some older

http://files.filefront.com/betaww4add11rar/;13796410;/fileinfo.html

or there

http://sharebee.com/7b04c99f

Inside the betaww4add11.rar archive you will see

-an \addons\ folder

-a \bin\ folder

-a \dta\ folder

Take those 3 folders and put them into your @ww4mod1\ directory

Overwrite files and folder if asked (and it should ask)

-enjoy

I would particularly like to recieve error reports on those points if you find any :

-----AI animation when the AI is in combat relaxed stance.---------

If you have no idea on what i am talking about, this stance happens when an AI is in the AWARE behaviour, basically when you place an AI on the editor without modifiying anything about it.

This is what i put on youtube as a preview in the previous page of this thread.

There are 7 different animations that the AI can go through while being in that combat relaxed stance.

If you observe an AI suddenly being stuck, going inside of the ground, etc.. report the conditions there was before it occured.

------Kegetys Spectating Script------------

Thanks to cross comparisons between ECP/FDF/VANILLA configs and ressources, i believe i managed to implement correctly Kegetys Spectating Script.

This script should work in BOTH Multiplayer and Single Player within the WW4 modpack (as long as you are part of a squad, either AI squad or player only squad).

On multiplayer, it replaces the "transform into a seagull", in single player it just replace you dead - camera move to killer then move to you and zoom out until you exit.

So even when dead you can enjoy some action of your player or AI squadmates.

Interesting note, if you spectate a squadmate (player or AI) that has a rocket launcher, Kegetys has made a missile cam that will automatically follow the missile once fired.

To exit the Kegetys spectating script, just press ESCAPE, in MP you will then be transformed into a seagull, in SP you will be back to the normal death satic camera.

If you spot any error message , please report.

hopefully this beta update is bug free, if not it is better if i know it before resuming the official patch work.

Hello Sanctuary,

Apparently your PM folder is full so I couldn't send this message to you... It's about the burning effects we talked about. We tried the new locality checking commands with my friend and he still couldn't see the flame and smoke effects in MP. He did install everything correctly as I instructed.

I'm not sure, but I think there's something wrong with the script itself or the way it gets executed... I think it should be executed like:

[player,_this select 0] exec "burnn.sqs"

But I'm not 100% sure about this either. I thought that the simple locality check would do the trick... Your best bet probably would be to ask someone who really knows, for example at OFPEC. Or you could, again, have a look at how ECP or FDF does it.

We'll be testing it more and will report to you if we find a working solution to it. :)

On the wiki, apparently the "killed" eventhandler is local only.

If it means what i think it does, maybe there is in fact no more line of script needed to check it is allowed to run or not ?

I deleted a bit of my PM box content.

I've updated my mod's animations with the new ones in WW4, nice to see some transition animations between the LAW animations. I also very much love the safe anims and the transition between safe->aware. Good work! Explosion effects are very nice too, did some tweaking to mine and the dust hanging around for a bit longer makes for some nice effects. Good work Sanctuary!

I sent you a PM about the effects again. I hope it helps. :)

Now about this update. We got to test the new spectating script and everything worked as should. No errors or anything. The SP version was a nice addition too.

About the animations. In some of the animations the character gets kinda deformed... They'd look very thin from certain angles, like this:

anim1.th.jpg anim2.th.jpg

You can see some normal shaped characters in the background for comparasion.

The animations generally are pretty good. Some more variety wouldn't be bad though, eg. putting gun on shoulder, maybe sweeping some dirt off the clothes or slapping a bug off... scratching butt... :eek:

One animation that I don't like is the one where the character would suddenly take a big lean to look behind. Looks kinda weird, as if he got scared or something.

Of course he can be scared, combat relaxed is an "AWARE" behaviour, not a "SAFE" one, it means the soldiers in combat relaxed stance know there is potential enemy contact.

Would you not look behind you from time to time if you were ordered by your squad leader to stay "aware" of your surrounding ;)

About the animations. In some of the animations the character gets kinda deformed... They'd look very thin from certain angles, like this

I noticed this head deformation on the "look quickly behind you" animation, because BIS animations are basically a suit of frames that interpolate with each other, so if the head has a too different angle from a frame to its sequel, the interpolation will not create the "in-between" frame, but will basically morph the head into its new position.

I will try to lower this change of angle from frame to frame to avoid the morph effect to be as obvious as there.