Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

back in the eighties commandoes had watch caps, you know those winter hats that were black and wool and you wore on your head?

Edited by BronzeEagle

Back in the eighties i had more hairs and an ugly pant, but i am not going to model them for the west soldiers either.

Thats funny in the eighties I had less hair then I have now :O)

STGN

Lucky you, seems my decade old beard absorbed most of the hairs from my eighties head. :D

Ears - more hair. Nostrils - more hair. Back - more hair. Head - near naked. Aging does not make sense. Then again, 500 years ago I would have been dead at my age.

Edited by Mr.Peanut
urp

Bug report:

Sanctuary, I have found that when pressing " Shift + S " as "S" is the backward key, if you are a soldier and you are armed with a rocket launcher, lets say a LAW, you make an animation that lets you go prone, and shoot prone, for that you need to hold those keys, now the bug is that when starting it (Going prone) and ending it (Waking up) I see that the animation stands up completely, and then in less than a mili second it goes crouched. When prone with the rocket launcher, you just can aim and shoot, but not reload or move, to move you need to stop holding those keys.

now the bug is that when starting it (Going prone) and ending it (Waking up) I see that the animation stands up completely, and then in less than a mili second it goes crouched.

Can you try to make an exact step by step description, i have difficulty to reproduce the bug you are mentionning there, i just don't see that "crouched in mili second".

Ok no problem.

1) Press and hold Shift + S (Backward key).

2) Soldier will wake up very fast and start making the anim till you are prone.

3) Stop holding Shift + S, from this point, the soldier will stand up, not crouch.

4) Once he stands up, inmideately will go crouched.

When i have the rocket launcher on the shoulder i press the "move back" key (S for you) and the turbo key (Shift for you) in the same time.

The soldier then go into prone position as intended.

From this position, i stop pressing "move back" and turbo, the soldier go back into standing.

And that's all, i don't see at any time the soldier going to crouch at any time (as to crouch with rocket launcher you need to be in "walk mode" and press "move back")

I am wondering, are you using another mod in the same time as you are using WW4 ?

I tested with ww4 mod 1.0

I have an unit with a rocket launcher :

clipboard01qh.jpg

I press and leave pressed "move back" and the "turbo" keys in the same time, the unit go into prone firing stance :

clipboard02v.jpg

Once he has finished lying down, the unit is prone stance :

clipboard03c.jpg

I stop pressing those keys, the unit begin to stand up

clipboard04qp.jpg

And once he has finished standing up, he is back into the original stance :

clipboard05k.jpg

There is no "quickly go to crouch" happening for me at any time during this.

How is it possible that it is going differently on your OFP + the same version of ww4 i just tested for those screenshot is rather a mystery if you are not playing with another mod in the same time like SLX by example.

It looks like I changed long time ago the dta.pbo inside the WW4 folder for another one as I didnt liked the fact that when you reload when you are standing up the player crouches to reload and stands up again, losing some time in combat... So I have to say I apologize for the false bug :p

Any new updates about WW4 2.0?

It's been a bit in hiatus currently, summer heat combined with lazyness and several external distraction did not helped.

Hopefully soon i'll get back into modwork to complete the various unfinished things i had for ww4.

But i guess it will need a few more months before a release.

Ok thats good, everyone needs some free time after work, it just cant be all work and no play, isnt it? Lets hope in 2.0 the reload animation dosnt makes the player crouch to reload... That happens when standing, if you are crouched it reloads well, and prone it realoads ok too.

Its a precaution, you never know when someone aims at your head and you suddenly crouch :D It should be an option to change that, but not remove it completely.

The heat... thats a big one in a lot of places.

The stand to crouch to reload is there to stay because it provides the AI some kind of cover for the situations in which the AI is placed behind a sandbag, instead of stupidly reloading while standing and so getting killed despite there is this nice little sandbag it could have used to crouch before reloading but will not do.

If you prefer the reload to be always stand, you can get a SNABIJ.rtm file from any kind of Anim.pbo that feature a standing only reload, and replace the file of the same name that is in the WW4 own Anim.pbo

The SNABIJ.rtm file is the reloading animation while standing.

If anybody want a DIY installation, standing reload animation for ww4. Here is the one I made last year:

m00k7jfWW8k

Download

STGN

The stand to crouch to reload is there to stay because it provides the AI some kind of cover for the situations in which the AI is placed behind a sandbag, instead of stupidly reloading while standing and so getting killed despite there is this nice little sandbag it could have used to crouch before reloading but will not do.

If you prefer the reload to be always stand, you can get a SNABIJ.rtm file from any kind of Anim.pbo that feature a standing only reload, and replace the file of the same name that is in the WW4 own Anim.pbo

The SNABIJ.rtm file is the reloading animation while standing.

Thanks for the tip Sanctuary, and also thanks for the anim file STGN

;1692107']Its a precaution' date=' you never know when someone aims at your head and you suddenly crouch :D It should be an option to change that, but not remove it completely.

The heat... thats a big one in a lot of places.[/quote']

Pop goes the weasel's head :D

Sorry if this was already mentioned in previous 100 pages. Is it possible to only use anims (especially walking with LAW) from your mod without using entire mod? I like the mod its just a bit heavy on my friends PC.

Sorry if this was already mentioned in previous 100 pages. Is it possible to only use anims (especially walking with LAW) from your mod without using entire mod? I like the mod its just a bit heavy on my friends PC.

That's strange because all models and textures are highly optimized here, contrary to other mods.

@Sanctuary

is next update will be final of ww4modi.i am waiting for that update.

It's been a bit in hiatus currently, summer heat combined with lazyness and several external distraction did not helped.

Hopefully soon i'll get back into modwork to complete the various unfinished things i had for ww4.

But i guess it will need a few more months before a release.

We at LOL wait with excitement.

Apparently there is a simple way to reload while on the move to avoid the "i pressed reload by mistake and now i'm stuck for a few seconds hopeless where i am" .

But unfortunately this simple way would means no reloading animation and no real reloading time.

Open the config.cpp of the mod, search for this line

reloadMagazine="CombatReloadMagazine";

And replace it with

reloadMagazine="CombatRelaxed";

Guys, test this for some time in combat situation in the mission editor and tell me if it should be in or not in your opinion.

Notice well that i am not able to make an animation for this kind of reloading on the moves.

Personally I dislike it for the lack of reload time. Besides, I myself rarely run into such situations.

Would there rather be a way to enable the action menu during reloading, so you can stop the action and switch to sidearm instead? That could be another solution for such situations, as long as the player has a sidearm.

Another option could be, of course, to make a much faster reloading animation. Something like this perhaps: