Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

Thanks!

I already ported the mission on another island without problems. I'm asking on Drongos thread about minor issues with missions.

Now I´m going to change units.:yay:

Sorry, not trying to necro this thread but how do I change the ww4 desert able to woodland? :P

EDIT:Oops didnt know this thread was still active :D

EDIT:Not sure if original creator is still around but is there anyway to replace the UH60 at base with the civ plane?(and change UH60 in buy mode to civ plan?)

Edited by XxgodzillaxX
look @ edits

I have a version of Drongo´s Dynamic coop in default Malden working fine with your woodland camo SpecOps and a Ivtiliac version of the same mission with your West Army men. Both missions include your Russian Army men and Russian SpecOps in woodland camo as enemys.

They look great, they are difficult to beat and have great weapons to scavenge.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Are you thinking on vehicles for your mod?:pray:

PD: I´m playing SP campaings again with your mod. Thanks!

Edited by OverCharger

Yes hopefully there will be several ground and air vehicles for the expansion, but that will take time to get them right and optimised the same as the soldiers are.

i would like to help u add the vehicles and air units but i dont particularly know how to do that. I been experimenting a little with swapping Models with other models just for kicks but i'd like to help whatever way i can by helping you with the vehicle models if u give one example and tell me how to do it i can help you get vehicles together and add em to ur MOD

It is not a matter of model swapping or even config writing, the main difficulty will be :

-finding the model author and asking permission.

-as i doubt the author will always have the mlod version for their OFP old models, i will need to convert the model into mlod so i can optimise it (making correct lods, lowering the face count when it is excessive, merging textures, etc...) for the WW4 purpose.

-converting an ODOL into MLOD with ODOL Explorer will create model problems, i will have to find them and fix them for each exisiting lods.

The O2 part will be a lot of work, the contact/permission part will be difficult because most of the addon authors that could interest me for the ww4 project are not even on the OFP or ArmA community anymore .

The O2 part will be a lot of work, the contact/permission part will be difficult because most of the addon authors that could interest me for the ww4 project are not even on the OFP or ArmA community anymore .

It´s a pity that a lot of amazing works are lost.

Because I´m rediscovering OFP, I´m looking for a lot of stuff to make a great collection of adittional content and I found a lot of addons, links and sites broken.

Meanwhile, I´m working with WW4 units and some cool addons.

-converting an ODOL into MLOD with ODOL Explorer will create model problems, i will have to find them and fix them for each exisiting lods.

I select the needed part and ctrl + click on the viewport

for example:

otochlaven and ctrl + click on the viewport.

It works fine even if sometimes some errors stay, in this case i must do myself the selection. :)

It is the same on infantry models too, when using ODOL explorer, selections need to be redefined with the CTRL+ trick or be redefined manually.

There are additionally some duplicated vertices that need merging, and the lighting itself is destroyed usually by the ODOL-> MLOD conversion, so you have to rebuild the correct smooth/sharp where it is needed.

The lod listing could be screwed up too, so you had to re-adjust the numbers.

Sometime out of the selections and vertices, some lods could be converted totally wrong, like the geometry one that then need a bit of rework.

Anyways, time consuming to do, but when there is no more original mlod version, you need to go this way if you want to optimise the model, merge its textures etc...

I have been tweaking the default OFP cloudlet section, trying to modify the grenade/missiles/bomb/etc... explosion BIS special effect (used in the current release of WW4) without using additional scripts.

Note : i do not mean the explosion when a vehicle explode, this is already taken care by a ww4 script, just the impact between a projectile and the ground/object.

But while i am currently satisfied with the result, i need some feedback to see how the effect behave in other computers than mine.

1st - Back up your original config.cpp that is located in @ww4mod1\bin\

2nd - Download this one that contains the new effect :

http://files.filefront.com/ww4cloudletCONFIGrar/;13718141;/fileinfo.html

or

http://superuploader.net/629f2e533889-ww4cloudletCONFIG-rar.html

3rd - replace the original config.cpp from by the new one that is inside the downloaded archive.

My goal was to get the explosion using a bit of fire and instead of the white smoke appearing, having the same "dust" effect from vehicle moving on terrain etc...

Compare the new explosions with the one you are used to and please give feedback regarding performance or shape in comparison with the original BIS effect.

Nice effects! Great with satchel, but maybe too much fire with grenades? I don't know how is it in real.

But i would like to notice you a bug with your "newarmor" files, posted few weeks ago:

When i launch the game, i get an error message:

"No entry 'config.cpp/CfgWeapons.WW4_W762Sniper_5mag' "

And in the mission editor, when a i select Any snipers i got this if i want to play:

"No entry '.modelspecial'. "

Am i the only one?

I just tried out the new files and I get that too.

Ah i knew i forgot something.

It is related to the correction of the 20 mags ammo for the M24 that should have been a 5 mags.

But didn't uploaded the new version of the file, and as the new pbo use the correct 5mags ammo , it is logical a message tells you it does not find it in the old WW4_Magazine.pbo, and as none reported it so far, it tells me how much people have even bothered to try :D as everyone should have then got this error message.

Here is the fixed version of that WW4_Magazine.pbo that i forgot to upload along the new pbo with the armor system :

http://files.filefront.com/WW4+Magazinesrar/;13718486;/fileinfo.html

or

http://superuploader.net/a6cbc8534059-WW4-Magazines-rar.html

Replace the original WW4_Magazine.pbo located in @ww4mod1\Addons\ by the new one that is inside the archive downloaded.

Use it along the new pbo with the new armor system.

The error message should then disappear as the 5mags ammo is now existing in the config.

I will see if i can tone down a bit the fire size for the explosion in the new effect without impacting something else.

I like the new effects, but I also have to agree with Giuppo - maybe there's too much flames on hand grenades' explosions. But the other new effects are looking good! Perfomance ain't problem on my computer so I can't really give feedback about that.

Are smoke grenades' smoke effects related to these cloudlets? Because I think those could use some changing too along with these. Also, would it be too big perfomance impact on lower end computers if you enhanced the bullet impact effects too?

Edited by Rellikki

I will try to modify the smoke grenade cloudlets too, and see what i can do with the bullet impact.

What can impact the performance on OFP and particles :

-the size : the bigger a particle is , the bigger it seems to be heavy on the engine.

-the amount : obviously more particles at a same time = more demanding (current smoke grenades seems to use a lot of them)

-the duration : the more time a particle stay, the more chances the amount of them will multiply at a same time, that's why it is better to have short lived smoke than longer one, as when there is a lot of successive explosion it can end with lot of particle floating.

For the current explosion there are 4 main cloudlets that appear each :

no1 -the impact one

no2 -the smoke that elevate itself a bit over the ground

no3 -the smoke that stay on the ground

no4 -the thin smoke that quickly elevate itself other the 3 previous one

As i increased a bit the size and duration of cloudlet no2 and no3, so to prevent performance being less optimal than with BIS effect, i used a trick : i modified cloudlet no4 so it does not appear (life time 0 , size 0) at all.

So in fact with the new explosion effect, there is less particles appearing, so i could change their size and life duration a bit for nearly no performance trade off and having them look better to my eyes.

I got the same error messages with the new armor, but I´m still using the first version because I think the new armor 2 made soldiers too stronger. Probably is a matter of taste, but 5 or 6 shots to die is to many for me.

About cloudlets, I like it. I agree about hand grenade effect, will be better with less dust I think. Runs very well on my machine.

Sanctuary, these units look great! I really appreciate the hard work you put on this game. It's good stuff!

I play with GRAA mod and Tonal Redux. Is there a way I can get all of these new WW4 units to work with those other two mods?

That would be ace!

Thanks

Edited by Franz_von_Humboldt

I got the same error messages with the new armor, but I´m still using the first version because I think the new armor 2 made soldiers too stronger. Probably is a matter of taste, but 5 or 6 shots to die is to many for me.

Hmm, have you downloaded the new WW4_Magazine.pbo before reporting this error ?

About cloudlets, I like it. I agree about hand grenade effect, will be better with less dust I think. Runs very well on my machine.

One thing to remember is the fact there is not 1 different explosion effect by projectile, it is the exact same for every projectile, the size just increase according to the damage.

Basically the explosion is the same for a satchel and for a grenade.

In reality there is even more dust than that ;)

Sanctuary, these units look great! I really appreciate the hard work you put on this game. It's good stuff!

I play with GRAA mod and Tonal Redux. Is there a way I can get all of these new WW4 units to work with those other two mods?

That would be ace!

Thanks

It can't work with the GRAA modpack because of the head model and face texture format being different, it would make garbled face on the WW4 units.

But the WW4 mod can work with Tonal Redux, so you can use WW4 and Tonal Redux at a same time.

It can't work with the GRAA modpack because of the head model and face texture format being different, it would make garbled face on the WW4 units.

But the WW4 mod can work with Tonal Redux, so you can use WW4 and Tonal Redux at a same time.

First of all, thanks for the quick reply. Secondly. that's great news because I really like the Tonal Redux islands and stuff.

Did you implemented all of the GRAA modpack config options into this new WW4 mod? I hope so.

I think now it's time to upgrade to WW4 mod. :)

Hmm, have you downloaded the new WW4_Magazine.pbo before reporting this error ?

No, I was confirming the same error, thats all.

I prefer to play with the original armor. For that reason I dont need to fix any error I think.

:)

Ah good to hear, as you reported an error after the fix release, i thought there was something else i was overlooking.

Strange, with the new WW4_Magazine.pbo, no error message for me, i can play snipers.

But something else i remember now (nothing very important):

in the options, when i play "credits", i got this message error: "Music matrimelee not found" : and there are no music, just sounds of vehicles and weapons.

It is not strange ;)

The error was there because the 5 mag ammo used now by the snipers with the new armor system that was not defined in the old version of the WW4_Magazine.pbo

Now it is , so the error does not exist anymore.

But something else i remember now (nothing very important):

in the options, when i play "credits", i got this message error: "Music matrimelee not found" : and there are no music, just sounds of vehicles and weapons.

Thanks for the report, i forgot to modify the credit cutscene according to the new music.

So far the WW4 mod works fine with Tonal Redux but how can I have the radio sounds back? I'm using the config that you posted somedays ago, the one that modifies explosion effects and all.