Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

Made a mission for your mod, hope you don't mind me plugging it.

Clicky

Not as good as tacrod's though. Amazing mission.

biggrin_o.gif

hi Sanctuary, i have a 3d model which could be great for you.

it's a futuristic "marder" (but not scifi). if you are interested, i could do the textures for it. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the mission snafu, will give a look as soon as possible, sounds interesting to have new features on an old mission.

Quote[/b] ]hi Sanctuary, i have a 3d model which could be great for you.

it's a futuristic "marder" (but not scifi). if you are interested, i could do the textures for it.

Check you PM wink_o.gif

Hi,

Well, After this mod is really unbelievable, I'm unable to say something else except Sanctuary "What else"

Hi,

Well, After this mod is really unbelievable, I'm unable to say something else except Sanctuary "What else"

Yeah i gotta do a new post I was in a hurry awhile ago and writing to a reply in another part of the forums and didn't really express myself well. I played a mission made for it called "Steal The Ural" and instant loved the skins and weapon and the aimpoint. The crouching,prone and stand up animations seem alot better and realistic (they were changed i assume?)The AI are monstrous as they see you from a lot further distance. Great job again and i am already trying to build a mission base. Long live OFP

what can we expect in the next update, are you going to add any new vehicles, or at least nicer models for the current OFP add-ons?

There was the old project called ofp retextured i know i have a few of those addons that were released perhaps they could be incorporated?

Anyway i know and expect your busy on the next version/update, im going to carry on converting Bis missions, and my next big conversion is maybe converting the OFP and RES campaigns to use the WW4 mod features. smile_o.gif

For sure there will be "Recon" corps for west/east/unaligned, after other incoming troops are not yet defined.

There should be some vehicles hopefully as i have some need of vehicles to fill some roles none of the BIS content can do.

But there will be no replacement of more BIS stuff, ww4 is not a replacement mod.

oh that sounds good, im trying to think what vehicles you may include to fill the gaps that BIS vehicles dont do, have you got an idea of what you maybe including? or if you need any help with any vehicles im happy to help out  smile_o.gif

Air transport like C130/Antonov should be a must as there are paratroopers troops.

For the Everon Alliance i will have to get them with new vehicles to reflect their importance in this era, instead of having them using soviet-era captured vehicles that fits no more with their theme.

And one thing i have to make sure is that vehicles will have to be optimised with reasonnable polycount and as few textures as possible, so no monster addon that looks good but are useless ingame due to their generated lag.

That's a lot of work ahead.

true that...these units are awsome and dont make my computer lag !!! keep the work going Sanctuary,,hope to see the update soon!!

for the Everon unaligned it would be nice to give them french vehicles, its just a suggestion,,,keep the work going Sanctuary! thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

Two vehicles that I would love to see added would be a Humvee with an M2 (in desert colours if possible) and a technical or two (perhaps based on the DMA Toyota Wars models).

Also, will CAVS be implemented?

CAVS would be a nice edition i think, ive used it before once, making a law not kill a bmp in one hit makes it much more realistic.  smile_o.gif

Edit:

if your interested about CAVS, you can check it out here: http://203.96.151.15/ofpnz/ofsi_cavs.htm

Many thanks Sanctuary for this mod! I really like your projects and appreciate your efforts for the OFP community, although I am no modder nor mission-maker...

If i can get some vehicles in the expansion as intended, CAVS using WGL5 values of it will be in, so you could use those vehicles and troops inside WGL5 too.

While doing some editing stuff in my mission I noticed that I can hear the SD weapon being fired from the checkpoint. I don't know if it registered with the AI.

Thanks for this report, this will be fixed in the expansion/update.

Great work sactuary, playing it with a load of Afghanistan addons (JRR Middle Eastern Rebels, Afghan Everon, Cat Afghanistan etc..) works really well together, any chance of getting that ECP config?

The plan :

Quote[/b] ]-more army corps and factions for all sides

-more weaponry

-some new vehicles to fit with the troops

-a campaign or two, i really hope i will be able to get my old branching project there.

-several missions, conversions and new

-collections of scripts ready to use for mission makers, possible some additional gamelogics for some effects

-some mission making helpers (invisible observer, invisible targets, integration in the config of the editors upgrade addons 1.03)

-ECP alternate config

-SLX alternate config

So no, the expansion is nowhere close to completion.

Maybe a patch, yes, if i have time one day.

If someone can dedicace himself to collecting all the bugs so far (the ammo count of the M24/M40, some mp5 inventory pictures wrong, etc..) or anything i have not noticed and none reported, it would sure be very helpfull in getting a patch closer to be ready.

Excellent mod. I can not wait for on next patch.   notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ] The plan :

-ECP alternate config

Great message.  yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]-ECP alternate config

Great message.  

I concur - and for the "-SLX alternate config": yay.gif

Remember that WW4 modpack since the project started took me nearly 2 years of work before reaching the current 1.0 release.

So i can only suggest to anyone to not hold their breath, working totally alone on such projects takes a lot of time, so i have strictly no idea on when the expansion will be completed.

If anyone really wants to help, making missions is a good way :

There are billions of troops in this mod, more than nearly every OFP mods having been made so far, and highly optimised for massive usage.

But in the same time, unfortunately the usual plague of OFP modding : lots of addons but none release missions for such addons.

Anyways, the Everon Alliance recon troops will receive the DPM-like (reworked though) currently used by the Guerilla faction (desert version).

The Guerrilla (desert version) will be given a different camo than currently to fit more with desert environment : a rough desert flektarn-like one :

34026751.jpg

Hey Sanc I love the mod but I also love the 3rd person of GRAA. Anyway I can add that 3rd person view?