Sign in to follow this  
senchi

Valhalla Mod - WIP

Hi Senchi,

First of all, congrats for your work, trully wonderfull. notworthy.gif

I was watching your video of the Klurs island (I didnt notice the sound of the video was off) and I was listenning

(from the movies the assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford) and it was simply awesome. This song fits perfectly with your map, theres some kind of mystery/magic in it.

So you might want to use it for any further vids of your island.

Thats was my 2 cents.  

Excuse my local english and keep it up the good work thumbs-up.gif

Island at the top of the world,enchanting and beautiful,the rpg element is really interesting,love the snow,fantastic work SenChi

Simply stunning, a few addon really do come about and blow your socks off.

This really reminds me of an island from a MMO.

smile_o.gif

Southy

I wonder, why did you choose the name Valhalla?

Will there be a Nordic element of some sort involved? Looking at some of the screens, the geography and atmosphere remind me of certain parts of Scandinavia, namely Norway so it is to me an accurate depiction of a 'Northern' region. So far I am very happy to see so much progress, and above all the atmosphere is one on its' own level.

Wow Its reminding me more and more of Elder Scrolls : Oblivion

Reminding? It IS from Oblivion.

Hope Bethesda knows about it.

If so, keep up  wink_o.gif

Heh, that's why I was always pondering where I saw those houses.... BRUMA !  biggrin_o.gif

Not only, also Waterfront in Imperial City.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I wonder, why did you choose the name Valhalla?

Valhalla - the name of the campaign:)

I wrote a short story on the flashpoint.ru:

But it is hard to translate. That's because it is written on my terrible Russian slang xD

http://www.flashpoint.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=1242828&postcount=69

Just to say that Valhalla is the name of the project survival in a post-apocalyptic world   smile_o.gif

Aha, now I understand a bit. I originally thought it was because of the atmosphere created on the island, especially with the setting of being post-apocalyptic.

I think it is fitting though. I imagine 900AD, only with a few modern comforts (such as guns for example tounge2.gif )

What a cool looking island! The buildings are excellent. I can't wait to see more.

Quote[/b] ]with a few modern comforts (such as guns for example )

Of course  biggrin_o.gif

Rusty weapons and the ruins will be made:)

Vilas offered his help in this:)

I'm guessing ammunition will be more valuable than gold on this island? There's so many possibilities in such a setting!

It sounds like an amazing cross over between Fallout and Oblivion, I like the sound of it mate but i think you need to clear up the issue around that building from Oblivion. Can you legally use that or is it just a very similar looking model?

Do not worry about this, I do not intend to sell this mod  biggrin_o.gif  , for example can see Russian Architecture Pack (Models of STALKER) of Sarmat studio

...The author is not yet in prison biggrin_o.gif

Casimir:

You very experience for legal permissions, but before to accuse and warn those, who uses such models, you must know that legally is violation of rights, if these models will be  in a commercial project, and all projects which we all do for ARMA, are - free of charge.

We break no legal laws.

Glad that in a game a very good island will appear and leave off to write your warnings and prosecutions.

Simply beautiful, but how is the AI tackling the steep hills?

Also, hope the mod will come with an English translation as well. smile_o.gif

Im just wanting it to be cleared up.

At no point did i say it was illegal, but ive seen so many mods disapear due to textures and models taken from other games that for a project like this which really interests me would be a real dissapointment.

Dammit sad_o.gifhelp.gif

I have problem, maybe somebody can help me ? banghead.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=77535

I make a special place "Dead territory" on the island, But do not get there the mystical sound...well, you know ... whistle.gif

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/SenChi_album/arma2009-03-0100-27-43-61.jpg*

Edited by SenChi

SenChi: did you optimize the island, since beta(alpha?) release had huge drops of framerate compared to other islands released so far? Good luck with your project, looks very cool!

That is a gorgeous view! The atmosphere is brilliant! It does sound like I will need to upgrade my computer slightly to play it without any issues.

My card and processor have been able to handle Arma so far but they are becoming outdated.

Is the optimization in the plan ? I hope my laptop won't choke on it crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Come on guys,how hard can it be to make you're own addons,or get someone to help out on a project.

Oh, man ...  sad_o.gif

I make this island alone, without comrade ...

Feds - in army

Strayed - without Internet

Smersh - did not do nothing (only the destruction of armored vehicles)

Its realy hard...

I ported some 12 houses of OBLIVION.

And are you saying that I should deal their remake.  crazy_o.gif .. omg..