Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

TALIBAN! TALIBAN! TALIBAN!!!

UPDATED May 29, 2009

This Taliban pack is a side project from The Lost Brothers Mod as we got tired of waiting around for someone else to make them. *If anyone is serious about improving them or adding additional models to the pack, please contact me.

This pack includes:

1. Taliban soldiers, Taliban vehicles, & Taliban static weapons.

2. 80's Mujahadin soldiers (under independent) 80's Mujahadin vehicles, & 80's Mujahadin static weapons.

3. Afghan National Army soldiers, and an Afghan National Army pickup with DShK.

4. *American Covert Operations units

5. Custom Weapons Pack (Ak's, Lee-Enfield rifle, SPG-9, B-10)

*** Note-

ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE EXTENDED EVENT HANDLER PBO INSTALLED, the RPG, B-10, and SA-7 guys will yell stuff in Arabic when they fire their RPG or SA-7 weapons. *This will eventually be changed to the Pashtun language if I can find some good recordings (aside from the ever-popular "ALLAH'U AKBAR!" cry).

**** EDIT (There now a couple of Pashto yells in the sounds). *

*** To Install: remove "Arabic_Sounds.pbo" from your addons (or mod/addons) folder if you had the old version installed. *Arabic_addons.pbo is no longer needed and it will cause conflicts.

Quote[/b] ]

***********Important*****************

Do the following steps to use this addon with the ACE mod. *

Go to yourArmA/Dta/ACE folder and open the file called: *ace_clientside_config.hpp

Go down to the section that says something like:

_

Hide BIS classes: set "ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS" to "visible"

NOTE: it's 2x a underline ( _ ) before "hidden" or "visible"

*/

#define visible 2

#define ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS _hidden

Change the last line to: *

#define ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS __visible

Known bugs:

No blood textures.

AK47/M203 has issues with ACE. *Grenades fire, but stick in ground and don't fully explode (much as the ACE 40mm M203 grenades behave at short range simulating not reaching its minimum arming range). *Just use the M4/M203 guy in place of that one if you want M203 grenades. *

Required Addons:

loboweawponstaliban.pbo (included)

Extended Event Handlers (not included but most people have it and the addons still work without...just no yells when they fire RPG's).

***UPDATED May 29, 2009 Version 1.5 Download Link (Mirrors apprciated):

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/LoBo_TalibanVer1_5.7z

Update Log 1.5

Most of these updates were done by Snake Man (Big Thanks to him!).

1. All models fixed/optimized.

2. Pickup truck class names changed to avoid conflicts.

3. Config fixed to make it compatible with latest version of ACE.

4. Blood Textures are working now.

5. model.cfg files made seperate.

6. All configs generally cleaned up/optimized.

7. Crap that was not used all removed.

Al-Qaeda Lashakar Al-Zil (Shadow Army) Brigade 055 on the move.

LoBo_ShadowArmy2.jpg

Afghan National Army soldiers on patrol near the border with Pakistan.

LoBo_ANA_1.jpg

American Covert Operations units:

Covert Operations Intel units moving through no-man's land along a dry river bed.

LoBo_CIA1.jpg

Meet the Taliban!

LoBo_SPG9_1.jpg

LoBo_Taliban7.jpg

Thank you for using our addons. *

Chris G. aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

Edited by Miles Teg

Great work! Now we can blast some baddies with tea cozies on their heads (a line from the movie "Amelie") in Afghan Village.

Why have you included 148mb worth of Vilas weapons addon with your Taliban units?

Don't you know that you do NOT include extra addons (with the few exceptions of tiny extended eventhandlers maybe). Please with possible next update make the release properly. If you need any help about releasing, don't hesitate to contact me as I'm willing to help.

Hi all

To Miles Teg: Have you tested this with ACE?

I seem to be having a bug where the Taliban do not show up in the editor if the Ace MOD is loaded as well.

Probably something I am doing.

Great MOD much needed.

Kind Regards walker

Why have you included 148mb worth of Vilas weapons addon with your Taliban units?

Don't you know that you do NOT include extra addons (with the few exceptions of tiny extended eventhandlers maybe). Please with possible next update make the release properly. If you need any help about releasing, don't hesitate to contact me as I'm willing to help.

I did that mainly because everytime I didn't include 3rd party addons, I'd always get a ton of emails by people complaining that the addon didn't work either because they didn't read the readme or because they downloaded the wrong version, etc..etc...

If anyone's having trouble downloading them, I can post a version without the Vilas East Weapons.

Someone mentioned something about the ACE issue...that might have to do with the event handlers. If someone wants to help me make these guys ACE compatible (without screwing up the voices) that would be excellent. I will make them ACE compatible in the next version and probably add a few more units and maybe a vehicle of some sort.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I did that mainly because everytime I didn't include 3rd party addons, I'd always get a ton of emails by people complaining that the addon didn't work either because they didn't read the readme or because they downloaded the wrong version, etc..etc...

That is just absolute nonsense.

Its been a known fact since early days of OFP not to include unneeded stuff in your addon release. If your addon references other addons, then user needs to download/have those to use yours, simple.

It's not nonsense.  That's the way "this" mod was made.  If you don't like it, don't install it.  You say it's not needed but obviously LoBo thinks differently.  I'm happy that somebody finally made Taliban type enemy.  I haven't looked at the weapons yet but they shouldn't be carrying Ak-74's since the ammo isn't readily available. Ak-47 type weapons and ammo are in plentyful, same with Rpg-7's.

It's not nonsense.  That's the way "this" mod was made.  If you don't like it, don't install it.  You say it's not needed but obviously LoBo thinks differently.  I'm happy that somebody finally made Taliban type enemy.  I haven't looked at the weapons yet but they shouldn't be carrying Ak-74's since the ammo isn't readily available.  Ak-47 type weapons and ammo are in plentyful, same with Rpg-7's.

Yeah, like you said, it's not nonsense. From past experience it was a pain in the ass dealing with all the, "THE ADDON DOESN'T WORK" because they either didn't download the 3rd party addons (cuz they didn't look at the readme or other info) or because they downloaded the wrong version of the 3rd party addon.

As far as the AK74, the only unit with one is the Taliban Shaykh who has a AK74SU because that is the prefered weapon of Osama Bin Laden. It's like a status symbol thing. The ammo for it is still around, but yeah its hard to come by and expensive. But the Shaykh's followers do whatever it takes to get him that ammo as he's their spiritual leader.

Everyone else has AK-47's, AKM's, SVD's, and PKM's.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I was just wondering where the taliban have gone hiding and here they are!  tounge2.gif

Awesome addon!  inlove.gif

It's not nonsense.  That's the way "this" mod was made.  If you don't like it, don't install it.  You say it's not needed but obviously LoBo thinks differently.  I'm happy that somebody finally made Taliban type enemy.  I haven't looked at the weapons yet but they shouldn't be carrying Ak-74's since the ammo isn't readily available.  Ak-47 type weapons and ammo are in plentyful, same with Rpg-7's.

Yeah, like you said, it's not nonsense.  From past experience it was a pain in the ass dealing with all the, "THE ADDON DOESN'T WORK" because they either didn't download the 3rd party addons (cuz they didn't look at the readme or other info) or because they downloaded the wrong version of the 3rd party addon.  

As far as the AK74, the only unit with one is the Taliban Shaykh who has a AK74SU because that is the prefered weapon of Osama Bin Laden.  It's like a status symbol thing.  The ammo for it is still around, but yeah its hard to come by and expensive.  But the Shaykh's followers do whatever it takes to get him that ammo as he's their spiritual leader.  

Everyone else has AK-47's, AKM's, SVD's, and PKM's.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'm glad you included the extra addons or whatever I'm fed up with having to click on individual addons to dl etc i just want it all in one nice download like it is here. Come on interent connections are alot faster now we can all DL a bit extra cant we whats the point of having to click on loads of DL's much better this way I think.

@ Chris

Looks like some outstanding work! Once they work with ACE it will be no doubt one of the most used OPFor units. If you have version that does not require the Villa Weapons PBO, I would certain enjoy seeing and using that one as well. It would allow some more flexibility among mission makers. I can't wait to hear thier speech.

@ Other

There is pros and cons to have to download the Villas Weapons Pack. Some may find it convient to get both at once other like myself may already have the download.

Thanks guys for the feedback. Yeah for sure the next version will be ACE compatible. Since this is a small pack, I should be able to find help in getting them to work with ACE. (The full LoBo pack is another matter as its HUGE and just a massive amount of work even with help from others to make fully ACE compatible).

Oh one thing I wanted to mention. I think that I will make a seperate AK47 pack from the AK's that I have in our LoBo weapon pack. However I will make them into a seperate weapons pack with different names and stuff so they don't confict. Vilas's weapons are great but its a massive pack and alot of the weapons go to waste. I like lean & mean addon packs so yeah I think a small AK-pack is all it will need. Bugkill mentioned an idea in a PM that I could make some SF units using these guys. That would probably get too complicated, but I think I definitely will make a a few CIA units on the BLUFOR side dressed the same, with white faces, and with a few extra bits of gear like leg holsters.

I also will give them Polish AK-47's similar to what they often use in Afghanistan and Iraq (they have a very distinct folding stock).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>