Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 3

Does this affect server or clients if run on it without any compatible missions?

Well there should not be any compatible problems in any kind with any mission.

Group Link 3 it self limits the function.

For Example:

If you have a mission with 2 player/target groups.

The first one is placed somewhere in the north and the other one is placed in the south.

GL3 do only have ONE target spot, where reinforcements can be send to, this means if the group in the south was detected first, then GL3 will send enemy units to them, if then ( After the first group was detected ) the second group in the north is detected by enemys, then the enemy units/groups which was send to the group in the south as reinforcement will be send to the group in the north.

So the targets will not splittet into two they will switch and that's one of the bigger problems in GL3.

To make sure everything works like it should use only ONE player/target group and only two sides WEST/EAST, EAST/RESISTANCE, RESISTANCE/WEST and so on.

80% of GL3 do only run on the server.

The Core GL3 functions: Advance, Call Reinforcements, Unmount, Mount, Remount, Housesearch, Suppressed Fire and so on do only run on the Server.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Group Link 3 v.1.2 Full</span></span>

Group Link 3 v.1.2

Enhancement and New Features:

<span style='color:blue'>Human A.I.:</span>

It's time for some more human being in ArmA!

This feature will makes the A.I. some more Human. smile_o.gif

Static Groups now will randomly sit down, talk to units of their own group and/or walk around

for some meters.

Also in the night time enemy A.I. units of a Static Group will create fire and sit in front of the fire place, while 1 or 2 other units of the group stay as guard.

If the units made a fire place in the night and it’s getting day, then a unit of the group

will turn off the fire again.

Note: The behaviour of the group must be “CARELESS†or “SAFEâ€.

The group should not move, this means the group should not walk around just stand on their place.

Static Groups with moving waypoints will not use this feature.

The group must have more then 1 unit.

Group leaders are totally excluded they never will sit down or leave their position.

A Example mission which demonstartes this feature can be found in the "Example_Missions" folder of @GL3

Many thanks to Legislator, who requested this feature.

It was/is really fun to code this.

<span style='color:blue'>Explosion FX:</span> Added a new Debris and fire explosion effect including a huge smoke plume.

Enhanced and optimized some other Destroy effect scripts.

<span style='color:blue'>Stream Sound:</span> Destroyed vehicles now may will make a stream sound from time to time.

Requested to re-add from my previouse project by: MCPXXL

<span style='color:blue'>Mount:</span> Enhanced the code, so now groups which had no place in the first vehicle will look for another vehicle nearby which they could use to go to the conflict point.

Added:

Global Variable to disable/enable the player marker. Noticed by Walker001.

This Global Variable is called: GL3_Client set [6, False];

Global Variable to customize the GL3_Settings.sqf path. Requested by Legislator.

The Global Variable is called GL3_Client set [7, "@GL3\GL3_Settings.sqf"];

Syntax:

Fixed the group count syntax error, which was noticed  by Legislator.

Fixed some problems in the GL3 Configs and compaibility with RKSL.

<span style='color:red'>Mirrows:</span>

Group Link 3 v.1.2

Group Link 3 v.1.2

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]I like to use two different configs.

1 which gives E.E.H. support and another one which can be used without the E.E.H.

I thought that’s what you wanted, I wasn't exactly sure how everything was supposed to fit together.

Quote[/b] ]If you know a better solution or if you would do something else in the config PLEASE let me know.

I have a solution for the init events, but I don't use the Eventhandlers functionality to the same extent as you do. So I'm not sure it would work the same way for the Fired events e.t.c I will take a look and PM you if I make any progress.

Quote[/b] ]So thanks again for your help UNN.

Thanks for taking the time out to support our system. Would be interesting to see if we could get both systems to work with each other, in a support role for the AI.

The feature list is VERY impressive, however I'd like to ask if it would be possible to create an optional config.pbo that would run this mod in every mission, without the need to edit them?

I think I'm not the only one that would love to have Group Link as a "plug and play" addon smile_o.gif

@Big

Thanks for the new's and the mirror. smile_o.gif

@UNN

Thank's for the replay UNN.

Yeah would be greate if you could find a solution for this. wink_o.gif

Of course it would be greate to see bouth Systems working hand in hand.

The RKSL system is very populated and of course very impressive.

But you coded it... So how could it other be. tounge2.gif

@Cole.cz

Group Link 3 is coded for custom and for none custom use.

If you do not set something in your Init.sqf of the mission, then Group Link 3 will do it's job with the default ( OPTIMAL ) settings.

If you don't like to do anything, then simply load the GL3 AddOn with ArmA, create any mission and you will have the full GL3 support/features in your mission.

No need to configurate or set something in GL3. wink_o.gif

Awesome! notworthy.gif Thank you for updating and working so fast, Snkman! wow_o.gif

I hope to have some more tests this evening. You can be sure that I'll invite you for some coop events as soon as I got some missions GL3 ready. But because I'm moving next month to a new town it could take some time before we can play some missions together.

Awesome!  notworthy.gif Thank you for updating and working so fast, Snkman!  wow_o.gif

Hehe your welcome. wink_o.gif

I do not work fast.. I do work long.

I started yesterday, directly after you came up with this idea and it took me till now to finish it.

Thank god i'm in holliday's right now. whistle.gif

Yes sure. Can't wait to see your new GL3 missions.

Ahh you will hit me but I've got another feature request tounge2.gif

While doing some destruction work yesterday we noticed that the AI doesn't react to explosions. Well it was a GL2 mission so I can't say if you've already fixed it.

It would be nice if GL3 groups will sent one group to the location where the explosion happened. Not always an explosion is caused by the player's fire.

@Cole.cz

Group Link 3 is coded for custom and for none custom use.

If you do not set something in your Init.sqf of the mission, then Group Link 3 will do it's job with the default ( OPTIMAL ) settings.

If you don't like to do anything, then simply load the GL3 AddOn with ArmA, create any mission and you will have the full GL3 support/features in your mission.

No need to configurate or set something in GL3. wink_o.gif

oops, sorry that I didn't test that, I just got a bit confused with the readme (guess I need to read slower, lol).

That's very good news, thanks! smile_o.gif

It would be nice if GL3 groups will sent one group to the location where the explosion happened. Not always an explosion is caused by the player's fire.

Damn... Again... This will be a very long night for me. biggrin_o.gif

Just tell me under which condition's the A.I. didn't react to the explosion?

What exactly was happend in the mission?

Normally if something explodes ( Car, Helicopter and so on ) then the reason is, that it was destroyed by any weapon.

Most times fired by any player.

GL3 still ust the advancing feature, which means that the A.I. do react, if they hear gunfire and will advance toward to the position where the gunfire came from.

Well i will think about it. wink_o.gif

@Cole.cz

No problem. wink_o.gif

I'll buy you a coffee biggrin_o.gif

We destroyed a fuel depot by using M136 to destroy some fuel trucks. The huge explosion (spawning GBU's above the trucks) should effect the AI. I guess in GL3 the AI would react to the M136 fire. But what about if we would have used satchel charges? Or if the explosion would have been caused via trigger?

I'll buy you a coffee  biggrin_o.gif

We destroyed a fuel depot by using M136 to destroy some fuel trucks. The huge explosion (spawning GBU's above the trucks) should effect the AI. I guess in GL3 the AI would react to the M136 fire. But what about if we would have used satchel charges? Or if the explosion would have been caused via trigger?

Yup you'll right.

I will think about a good way how to do this. wink_o.gif

I'm sorry to say that I think you forget something to change in Version 1.2. After changing the path in the GL3_settings.sqf an error message appears in the main menu demanding the path to "@GL3\GL3_settings.sqf".

I've tracked it to the GL3_core.pbo\GL3 Core Database\GL3 Global Database.sqf in line 55.

Edit:

I'm testing the Human AI right now. Which animations did you choose? Haven't seen anything special yet except the try to sit down (which results into stepping over something due to tcp animation replacement tounge2.gif )

Is there anyway you can put this in mod form so the AI will always act like this rather than me having to spend ten minutes activating scripts in the editor to enjoy it?

The animation is a action its not called by playMove or switchMove: ArmA Actions

Quote[/b] ]

I'm sorry to say that I think you forget something to change in Version 1.2. After changing the path in the GL3_settings.sqf an error message appears in the main menu demanding the path to "@GL3\GL3_settings.sqf".

Ups... yes you are right a stupid mistake i made with this...

I have set the variable, bevore i call the GL3_Settings.sqf. whistle.gif

Well thanks for letting me know this.

I can tell you how to fix it or you have to wait till the next release.

Is there anyway you can put this in mod form so the AI will always act like this rather than me having to spend ten minutes activating scripts in the editor to enjoy it?

Which scripts do you activate?

GL3 is a Mod!

It can be used like it is hardcoded in ArmA.

The animation is a action its not called by playMove or switchMove: ArmA Actions
Quote[/b] ]

Ups... yes you are right a stupid mistake i made with this...

I have set the variable, bevore i call the GL3_Settings.sqf. whistle.gif

Well thanks for letting me know this.

I can tell you how to fix it or you have to wait till the next release.

No problem, I already fixed it for myself  wink_o.gif

Hmmm why did you use the action command?

Maybe you should check the animation previewer of ofpec.com. Basicly its a mission file where you can live preview animations in 3D mode. It supports vanilla arma, queens gambit and animation replacments that replace the standard animations.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

I recommend these animations (QG needed):

Soldier is yawning: ActsPercMstpSlowWrflDnon_Lolling

Soldier is talking (weapon lowered): ActsPercMstpSlowWrflDnon_Talking1

Soldier is listening: ActsPercMstpSlowWrflDnon_Listening

Soldier is talking (weapon raised): ActsPercMstpSlowWrflDnon_Talking2

Soldier is surrendering: ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_ArrestingMan (should be pinned with the eventhandler animdone)

Soldier is patrolling: ActsPercMwlkSlowWrflDnon_PatrolingBase1 up to ActsPercMwlkSlowWrflDnon_PatrolingBase4

Soldier is jumping away from a grenade: AmovPercMstpSlowWrflDnon_ActsPpneMstpSlowWrflDr_GrenadeEscape (disableAI "MOVE" must be activated during the animation; needs to be tested if its useful ingame)

Soldier is lying down slowly to rest: AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPlieMstpSnonWnonDnon

Troopleader is sending men in action: AsigPercMstpSlowWrflDnon_GoGo

Unit is anxious: ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_Panicking1 up to ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_Panicking7  (good to use for "interrogation" part  :D

If you don't have QG, don't worry. I will help you making it work and look good. As for players who don't want to own QG you can disable this feature by default so it's up to the player/mission creator if it's used or not.

As for myself I don't know if it'll work anyway, but I think we should give it a try, don't you think? wink_o.gif You don't have to ruin your work for it. For some beta tests you could make a copy where we can test around some things. The timing will be an important part because most of these animations are very long (5 seconds +) and the use of them should be very random. If almost every unit is playing them is the same disaster as if no unit is playing them for a long time. I'm beeing begged to insert those animations into my missions for months now. Maybe now there's hope for some horny players lol

By the way ... I've found no entrys in the arma.rpt so far. Very very good work! You still have my icq number?

I do know the Animation Previewer of Kronzky.

Well the better thing with the "Action Animation" is, that it will only performed if the group is in "CARELESS" or "SAFE" this means even if a unit was told by the action to sit down, if there is enemy contact they will not do it.

Of course you can try what you can do with the QG animations.

I personally own QG but i have and will not install it.

It doesn't gives me what i expect of a ArmA AddOn.

Yes i still have your ICQ but i'm not online very often with ICQ since some time.

Big thanks SNKMAN for GL3!

Sometimes those new sounds from bullets and shoutings kick in even if there is no one in close range.

Additional Animations would be really great - how many times you see AI units waiting like robots? AI on safe/careless could disembark if stopped/last waypoint or stationary and talk to their mates, smoke etc. More life for AI!

Of course you can try what you can do with the QG animations.

I personally own QG but i have and will not install it.

It doesn't gives me what i expect of a ArmA AddOn.

You don't need to install it smile_o.gif That's why and where I want to help you. Just deliver some code examples and I'll see if it works properly. You could get live action feedback via teamspeak or non live feedback via screenshots or videoclips if you want.

Anyway I'm trying something smile_o.gif

@NoRailgunner

Quote[/b] ]

Sometimes those new sounds from bullets and shoutings kick in even if there is no one in close range.

What exactly do you mean by that?

I think you are talking about the Bullet WhizBy Effect. Right?

Well this feature should simulate the sound of flying bulletz whiz by your head.

So there must not be someone in close range.

The effect starts, when enemy units fire directly in your direction.

@Legislator

I already changed some things in the Human A.I. feature, added some new animations and made it some more customizable.

In the next version you can choose:

Animations Array: List of animations the Human A.I. units will/can perform.

This also should give people who like to use QG animations the chance to use them.

Human A.I. cycle: Choose how fast the Human A.I. script should run. ( In which time interval Human A.I. units should use the Human A.I. feature )

Great news, Snkman and thanks for your work wink_o.gif

I've discovered something important you need to know. To test something I've replaced line 191 of the GL3_Human_Idle.sqf with this: _d playMove "ActsPercMwlkSlowWrflDnon_PatrolingBase1";

The AI executes the animation, so far so good. But as soon as I shot the AI the animation still continues. I know that's a crappy piece of work done by BIS. Is there any possibility to cancel an animation when the performing unit is killed? I don't know how many animations do have this problem. If the unit doesn't die instantly it could cause an error message (error nullteiler) in line 52.

I've tested it with playMove and switchMove - same problem.

Is there any possibility to cancel an animation when the performing unit is killed?

Yes there is a way.

GL3 use the "Killed" E.H. you could use any Killed animation combinated with switchmove, when the E.H. "Killed" is activated by the killed unit, which is in the Human A.I. array, then let this unit switch to any killed animation and this will broke the currently animation.

I think. whistle.gif