sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Hi everyone, sorry if I'm asking an already answered question, but why can't I see the Royal Flush campaign in ACE? I can see it in the "vanilla" QG, but not the ACE flavoured one.

Thanks!

PS, I'm concurrently running ECS as well.

First of all try disabling ECS so you have only ACE and QG running. I have played both campaigns with ACE(had to give up halfway though, as some missions would crash with ACE)

Ok, tried disabling ECS, only running ACE, no good, tried the other way around, still no good. Tried copying the merc campaign into the main campaign folder, run in ACE, no go.

Looks like ACE just doesn't like Royal flush campaign?! Runs Armed assault and rhamadi conflict perfectly though.

Understand that interest has shifted elsewhere to ACE 2 but can any of the ACE team give me some support with my issue, please....

I Concede...

After playing around with soooo many mods, ACE is the one that delivers the HIGHEST level of realism and the BEST weapons and wounding mechanism! I mean, the wounding mechanism makes the game soooo much harder to play as each hit will take you down for a while depending on the seriousness and that enemies lying down aren't always dead! That's REALITY! The different grades of bullets available to the weapons also made the shooting a lot more tactical than before, choosing the correct type of bullet for the correct range. EXCELLENT!

And yes, you CAN see the inner wall of the compM2 red dot tube which makes it a lousier choice than reflex sights such as EOTECH. This is correctly modelled in ACE. Good work!

Just one thing... why do I get the "No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels/Default.sections'." error everytime I run ACE? Also, there is a consistent error about some characterspawning thing. Any help?

Edited by jasonnoguchi

I don't know if any of the ACE dev bother to respond anymore to this thread but why are our soldiers weapon defaulted to M16 with iron sight instead of the stock M4 when playing the Armed Assault campaign?? feels like nam all over again.

We still read and post here. Just A2 area has more of our attention here.

Which soldier class are you talking about please?

Thanks for your continued support for A1. :) In the Armed Assault campaign where we were supposed to "Defend the US workers". In the stock game, we are armed with M4 aimpoint but with ACE, the M4 aimpoint turned into M16A4 (of course, I would understand if it is intentional as common infantry should be using the M16A4 in RL, not the M4).

Is ACE for ArmA2 out yet?

Also, how about the "No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels/Default.sections'." at startup? is it normal? : Problem solved, caused by TrueMods. Sorry for not clearing all mods before reporting errors.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

You've asked about that ( ACE2 out ) already elsewhere. The signs will be very obvious when it is out - all hell breaking loss in forums, people both hugging and yelling at us.

^... still not seeing that yet. :(

Any word on the M4 --> M16A4 in campaign mode issue? Also, I was playing Rahmadi Conflict on ACE and all the vehicles became inaccessible to me. :(

It seems like ArmA2 took a lot of ideas from ACE including the wounding and stamina system. Was surprised they didn't "steal" the weapons resting system too as it seemed too obviously a necessary feature. You guys really drove that game!

Was surprised they didn't "steal" the weapons resting system too as it seemed too obviously a necessary feature. You guys really drove that game!

ACE2 has that feature as well. No "theft" involved. It's many of the same guys. And yes you will know it's out. Just check the A2 complete section every now and then if you want to know. When it's out it will perpetually be on the front page of that section. :)

theres a mod from proper mods for arma which has the same idea where the vehicles are locked, then there is also another mod where you cannot switch from one seat to the next, you actually have to get out of the vehicle and go to the other side.

Accessable is via the mission designer. Any empty vehicle's status is changed by use of the mission editor. Naturally you can add scripts/config changes to make changing seats easier or harder once inside the vehicle.

Thanks for your continued support for A1.

OK, now that continued support is availible, can you please help me : -

Quote:

Originally Posted by pufu

just remove the ace_sys_wound.pbo from your @ACE\Addons folder

Tried this already - doesn't work:

On load of Arma I get a addon dependancy message ("ace_config_men" requires "ace_sys_wound".

If I try to edit/play one of my missions I get the "you cannot edit/play .... downloadble content deleted" etc message.

I've tried removing the ace_sys_wound.pbo requirement from this mission file etc, and even when I create a new mission from scratch & try to play/preview I get "No entry 'bin......................./Cfgmagazine.ACE.bandage (I assume this appears because all of the @ace troopers carry bandages and threrfore have a dependancy on the "ace_sys_wound.pbo"

I've tried placing the @ace wounding game logics which proport to disable various effects etc but can't see any noticable difference.

Any other ideas to get this working without the wounding/blackout effects? My single player missions are unplayable because of it (even when I play them multiplayer LAN the AI isn't interested in helping me, & I can't get back into the fight :| )

Thanks

Hi All

Does anyone know how to get hold of the A.C.E Mod installation, i kid you not when i say i have looked all over the place for a GOOD download link. All links on the first page of this thread are broken, the closest i have come is ArmedAssault website and i get a server error when i start the Download.

Would be nice to give my Arma a new lease of life after playing it Vanilla for a year or so now.

Thanks in advance!

And for your information, you only need 1.08 + 1.09.

Hmm, not really. The 1.08 is a patch, which updates 1.07.

We were unable to find any full 1.08 version so thats why we are stuck with the full 1.07 version needing to be patched up using the provided links :)

I have the full 1.08, Ill send you a pm.

Edited by sparks50