sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

are the vanilla graphics improved with this mod as well? also, would i be right in assuming that all these changes affect the default campaigns?

Is there any way for a mission maker to check if his "stock" mission is running under ACE, so he can add additional commands (adding bandages ect.) which become active only then and keep the mission mission free of addon dependency. Though still offering more playability with this realism mod.

I do remember the old OFP mod E.C.P. had something like a variable to check this.

Back after a lot of Work.

Now we have Sig Check on and the Problem with Users connecting on a non ACE Server is solved for us.

But we only get that solved in Fact with the change of the Server Host, because the old Server we had was to slow on Bandwith and on mounted RAM, RAM was also non ECC.

Now we have a Machine with ECC RAM and perfect Bandwith, so we dont get anymore a Signatur Check Timeout as before and thats the Reason why i was writing my Commend as i did.

But what is with the other Clans/Coms having the same Problem, because good Servers are real Expencive in Germany ?

Shouldn`t the Community works together ?

For so far leaving with best Regards and wish u all having Fun while playing ArmA.

Now we have Sig Check on and the Problem with Users connecting on a non ACE Server is solved for us.

But we only get that solved in Fact with the change of the Server Host, because the old Server we had was to slow on Bandwith and on mounted RAM, RAM was also non ECC.

Now we have a Machine with ECC RAM and perfect Bandwith, so we dont get anymore a Signatur Check Timeout as before and thats the Reason why i was writing my Commend as i did.

But what is with the other Clans/Coms having the same Problem, because good Servers are real Expencive in Germany ?

Shouldn`t the Community works together ?

For so far leaving with best Regards and wish u all having Fun while playing ArmA.

Well I can't guarantee Your safety... (3:40)

Edited by zGuba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPXVGQnJm0w FLAME WAR

I'm sorry that you find doing the proper work to run ACE properly so difficult. Concidering the number of other server admins in Germany and elsewhere that run ACE, they must be very rich and very smart. Or maybe not as lazy and whiny.

I would not expect people to worship ACE, but to flame because YOU are unwilling to do the proper work and then blame us is utterly uncalled for. If you quit using ACE it'll be an improvement for the rest of the community.

Is there any way for a mission maker to check if his "stock" mission is running under ACE, so he can add additional commands (adding bandages ect.) which become active only then and keep the mission mission free of addon dependency. Though still offering more playability with this realism mod.

I do remember the old OFP mod E.C.P. had something like a variable to check this.

Hello?

There is no command to do this, so you'd have to find some ACE public variable and check for that. Not easy and subject to change without prior notice.

I can see why you might want to do this, but it'd complicate the scripts so much the performance would suffer badly in any mission with more than a minimal amount of items and features in it. You're better off making two varients of your mission instead.

query the config for some cfgPatches class of ACE ie.

Bwah, can't log in to my other account. Had a quick question though. Does anyone know how to add Sight Adjustment to other vehicles and aircraft? I've tried and tried but I receive errors with every attempt.

I ask because Sight Adjustment should be enabled for the cannons on both the AH-64 and AH-1Z, but there's no option for it available.

Edited by TheAmazingMort

I'm playing the sniper and convoy level, and its taking me around 5-6 shots to kill each soldier. I've only got 6 clips, is it normal for a soldier to absorb 5 sniper bullets and still be kicking around? Thanks.

Arma has a nasty tendency to lower the dammage given from long range shots, which is especially visible with the ACE wounding system.

Personally I do not belive in this, a bullet should give about the same dammage no matter if the shooter is 100m or 1000m away.

Personally I do not belive in this, a bullet should give about the same dammage no matter if the shooter is 100m or 1000m away.

Absolutely not. The more kinetic energy a bullet has the more damage it does. It'll slow down considerably to 1000 meters, which results in less damage, a lot less compared to 100 meters.

See here for an example(it only goes up to 457 meters, but gives a general idea):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_ballistics#Using_ballistics_data

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use a bullet cam script for the M110SD sniper rifle with ACE ( version 1.08) for Arma, but I can't find class name for the bullets it uses.

The line where it needs to be looks like:

_list = ["B_127x99_Ball_noTracer","B_762x51_noTracer",..... .......];

Can someone help me out?

I found: ACE_20Rnd_762x51_SB_M110_PDM in the docs folder of ACE, but I think that is the magazine name and not the bullet name.

All help will be greatly apprciated

My argument is that in the real world, the damage scenarios to the unlucky wounded would vary less than the speed of the bullet alone would indicate.

Edited by sparks50

Negative. They would vary tremendously. As stated earlier, velocity has a huge amount to do with the dammage that a bullet does. So the type rifle/MG round definitely has quite a bit to do with velocity and thus wounding characteristics at 1,000 meters.

So basically if you're talking about a .50 cal BMG round, then yeah your arguement holds true. However if we're talking 5.56mm NATO or 7.63x39mm (AK47/SKS), then you'd be very lucky to cause a lethal injury at 1,000 meters. There's a reason why hunters generally don't try for long range kills. 1. Because your accuracy is much less and thus increased chance of wounded game. 2. At extreme ranges, there's a big chance that the bullet will literally "bounce" off tough skinned game or fail to penetrate through thick hide and muscle.

At any rate, you'd have to get extraordinarily lucky to hit ANYTHING with a 5.56mm NATO or 7.62x39mm rifle at 1,000 meters due to the massive amount of elevation aiming your rifle to adjust for bullet drop.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

Hi, I'm sure this has been asked and explained before, but since I haven't been following Arma in the past, please bear with me :).

First, what are the differences if I use ACE but put non-ACE units to play with? For example, instead of using ACE Marines, I go with vanilla units, or woodland re-skinned units. What ACE features will I be missing if I don't use the units added by ACE?

Second, very often while I play with ACE, and switch teams, I lost my command, I mean, I'm no longer leader of a given group, and lost command of the AI. Does it have anything to do with ACE or is a known Arma bug?

And finally, how do I do to take magazines from the ground and put them in my backpack. So far I've only succeeded in storing weapons there.

Thanks for your patience.

1. You'd lose the weapons load-outs and probably access to some items like first-aid supplies. Depending on the mission, using ACE with non-ACE items can prove troublesome, especially AI commanded helos.

2. Nothing with ACE, AFAIK.

3. Take mags, then select one and "pack" it. Use "unpack" to get it out. Don't go overboard on ammo - if you carry too much gear the odds of fatigue kicking in will make you suffer badly. Stay under 25kg to be safe.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try what you said about the magazines tonight.

I have another question though. I've notice that in SP (the only way I've played ACE) I cannot make the AI use the ACE wounding system at all. AI under my command do not take any notice of the new wounding features, they just get injured and all I can do is tell them to go heal with some medic. The AI medics don't seem to make any use of their ACE special abilities. Is all this normal and the wounding system works properly only for MP or am I missing something? Note that the AI - enemy or otherwise - do get hurt and lay bleeding and unconscious, and so do I, but nobody comes to help my and I cannot make any medic go to help unconscious soldiers.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try what you said about the magazines tonight.

I have another question though. I've notice that in SP (the only way I've played ACE) I cannot make the AI use the ACE wounding system at all. AI under my command do not take any notice of the new wounding features, they just get injured and all I can do is tell them to go heal with some medic. The AI medics don't seem to make any use of their ACE special abilities. Is all this normal and the wounding system works properly only for MP or am I missing something? Note that the AI - enemy or otherwise - do get hurt and lay bleeding and unconscious, and so do I, but nobody comes to help my and I cannot make any medic go to help unconscious soldiers.

Bump.

I've been wondering the same thing for a while, too. I was a huge fan of WGL in OFP because it worked beautifully in SP, too. It seems, though, that Arma ACE is really for MP. I stopped using ACE for that reason (because I don't play MP). Can anyone confirm that it really isn't designed to be played in SP?

Has ARMA2 killed this mod?

Reason I'm asking is that since's A2's release, I've watched it's development grind to a halt.

It's been stuck at 51% for the last month.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/roadmap/ace-mod#1.10

I understand that the developers are volunteers and it's the holidays and all, but how about a point release?

I promise you that there are many of us who, while we like A2, still play A1 simply because of ACE.

Has ARMA2 killed this mod?

Reason I'm asking is that since's A2's release, I've watched it's development grind to a halt.

It's been stuck at 51% for the last month.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/roadmap/ace-mod#1.10

I understand that the developers are volunteers and it's the holidays and all, but how about a point release?

I promise you that there are many of us who, while we like A2, still play A1 simply because of ACE.

The developers are busy making ACE2 for ArmA2 ;)

Dont think that ACE devs will turn back and fix ArmA ACE issues, bugs and make a real final version. They are too busy with fixing and improving ACE2.

ACE 51% vs. ACE2 23%.

Btw ArmA is still 1.16beta ;)

Thank you everyone for the interest!

We still have plans for 1 final patch release.

We have been having Holidays, and ArmA 2, ACE 2, etc.

Our development methods have undergone a makeover. We are evaluating if these changes could make it in a backport for ArmA 1, or how we will go about delivering the ACE1 patch.

ACE2 is underway, and we hope to deliver a first release in some weeks.

Will update once we know more!