sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

this seems really a huge project , it took me by surprise , what makes it double delightful , merry christmas to all ACE team xmas_o.gif

happened to me too manzilla - i think the download was corrupted at the time, as the one i downloaded was 200mb but now i'm re-downloading it at 634mb.

Yup mine is 634mb now as well. The original DL was 540mb for me.

The MOD should be 633 MB (664,529,238 bytes)

The MOD should be 633 MB (664,529,238 bytes)

Exactly!

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">17:57:25 (4.00 MB/s) - `ACE-ArmA_Mod_v1.00full.exe' saved [664529238/664529238]

My downloadmessege tells 633mb at 229Kb/sec...

Now, i really hope all you dediserver owner adapt this to some

extent...

I mean look at ECS, another great mod. That NO Server is

accepting...

But...All the same. Nice work guys...

notworthy.gif

My downloadmessege tells 633mb at 229Kb/sec...

Now, i really hope all you dediserver owner adapt this to some

extent...

I mean look at ECS, another great mod. That NO Server is

accepting...

But...All the same. Nice work guys...

notworthy.gif

Here a server with Battle Centre running aswell:

b_560x95.png

This might be a stupid question. How about the compability with third party addons? Are ACE vehicles, weapons etc. all custom built for the mod or will 3rd party addons inherit ACE features too?

Any NA peeps know what the fastest link is because I'm only getting 50mb/s on ACE's website link.

First report after small testing:

place on editor a group of long range special forces, then shoot to your teammates, i take about 7-8 hits till they fall down.

Try to hit to another guy from another team and the same, 7-8 hits till they die.

And, if you try with an standar unit (101st division for example) with an m16, it takes only 3-4 hits. Seems to be that their magazines are too weak biggrin_o.gif

This might be a stupid question. How about the compability with third party addons? Are ACE vehicles, weapons etc. all custom built for the mod or will 3rd party addons inherit ACE features too?

Depends on the feature. Most will be inherited if the 3rd party vehicle/weapon inherits from the corresponding class which has it enabled in ACE. But still it depends on the particular case, so if you have something concrete in mind, drop me or any other dev a PM.

I leave for about an hour, then recheck the forums... wow_o.gif  Damn...took me by surprise!  Thank you!!  notworthy.gifxmas_o.gif

MOTHER OF GOD!

(Not that I actually believe in god, but just felt like yelling something.)

Just, wow. I'm shocked, suprised, and and and, wow. Just look at that feature-list. This has potential to actually be better than ArmA 2.

But now, a question:

While I don't believe that this is compatible with any other "major" mods due to all the stuff that this mod has, but I'm going to ask anyways:

Is A.C.E. compatible with FDF/Finnish Defense Forces mod?

Personally, I think it would be just something totally, absurdly awesome if I could use this mod while playing in my favorite/"regular" server, which is using FDF-mod.

(Edit: Oh yeah, I'm asking because I can't play ArmA at the moment, because my main-computer had HDD-failure/is suffering from alzheimer's disease.)

I got a question about the 3rd party AddOns(some from the members of the ACE Team.)

I see there are some existing AddOns incorporated into ACE, judging from the .pbo's and ReadMes. Do I have to remove those old versions or are they alright to keep? Like Sf_scar, joh_marines, joh_sf, etc? I tried to run an existing mission I made through the editor and it says I'm missing sf_scar_wpn, joh_weapons, and six_weapon_pack.

A little note on MP compatibility:

ACE was developed only for use in a uniform MP environment - ie client and server both MUST have ACE installed, and all pbo's should be of the same version. Otherwise the behaviour is unpredictable and might well cause a huge flow of errors and general instability/crashes. It is highly inadvisable to either connect with ACE to non-ACE servers or connect to ACE servers without ACE activated.

Well I placed the old .pbo's for sf_scar, the SIX weapons pack and just remove the joh_weapons from the mission.sqm. The mission loads this time but I get an error about joh_armysf and the do not appear in the editor. I just changed those units to one of the ACE SF units.

Now I gotta say Holy S#!t fellas, there is a ton of new units! Well a ton of new stuff in general. Beautiful stuff here. I see why it took so long to develop. Maybe now all the cry babies complain about a release will finally understand how much work goes into developing content, especially something so vast.

Don't remember them all, but here goes:

Can these stay or which ones have to be removed?

- NWD Ballistic mods

- 6th Tracers (ACE does not have any?)

- Flares for aircraft

- radio protocol and voice mods

- Maddmatt's Effects Mod

- teaCup's Puny Animation Pack

- zGuba's Compact Fix for ArmA 1.14H

It might be impossible to tell compatbility with some other mods, but if you know do tell us. Saves us a lot of work.

A congrats with the release of beta 1.00.

Haven't checked yet, but looking forward to it.

A big thanks to all who done 'something' (->big or small).

xmas_o.gif

Don't remember them all, but here goes:

Can these stay or which ones have to be removed?

- NWD Ballistic mods

-  Tracers (ACE does not have any?)

- Flares for aircraft

- radio protocol and voice mods

- Maddmatt's Effects Mod

- teaCup's Puny Animation Pack

- zGuba's Compact Fix for ArmA 1.14H

It might be impossible to tell compatbility with some other mods, but if you know do tell us. Saves us a lot of work.

These ones can safely be removed:

- NWD Ballistic/Optics (integrated into ACE configs)

- Tracers (ACE has its own tracers)

- Flares for aircraft (integrated Mando system)

- Maddmatt's Effects Mod (included, i think its more recent than the last public one)

- teaCup's Puny Animation Pack (Jump is integrated ("J" key))