Sign in to follow this  
MAA

CSLA3 Phase1

Great works guyzzz...downloading ASAP.. smile_o.gif

Fantasic stuff! biggrin_o.gif Early exmas pressie!

Though I seem to be getting some CTDs when i place US 80s infantry and CSLA snipers on the map, I hit preview and bam it crashes, anyone else getting anything similiar? huh.gif

Hell yeah! One of the best mods is back in Arma. Well done, comrades smile_o.gif

One little issue: please change DShK to NSV on T-72 turret.

Fantasic stuff! biggrin_o.gif Early exmas pressie!

Though I seem to be getting some CTDs when i place US 80s infantry and CSLA snipers on the map, I hit preview and bam it crashes, anyone else getting anything similiar?   huh.gif

Weird, I wasn't getting any problems when using both of those units.

Congrats with Phase1 release, keep it up.

My only 'negative' point so far is the poor quality of the scope on the UK59 (4x8). Refurring to the scopeview itself (not model). I assume it is made out of a cilinder instead of a simple but smooth texture 'hole'. Also, but i warn you i don't know jack about the scope, there isn't a zoom factor on the scope? Atm it is x1 and make me wonder why there is a scope version if it doesn't gives the player some extra zoom.

i cant really understand how the RTO soldier works...

according to the CSLA website you should be able to call artillery, support and such with the RTO, either if you´re commander with a RTO in your squad or if you are a RTO soldier yourself (or if you are commander and in a vehicle)..

but i dont see any options to call artillery or anything else in either of the cases..

is that a option that wont be enabled until phase 2 or is it a bug?

or is it something i have to add in the mission editor that isnt mentioned in the readme?

RTO features don't working in this time (2008-12-14). Wait a few weeks.

Very very very nice work guys as always wink_o.gif. Cant wait for phase 2....

EDIT:

Zoom will be fixed in upcomming patch.

fantastic. this release 'feels' awesome -great work guys. thanks!

really like the way the weapons 'move'.

Damn it! I had some problems with a mission. You got my word: Will be released tomorrow, cause its 90% completed.

And really great mod. Optics, changing them etc. I am only missing Soviets CW Era (but we got Vilas one) and paratroopers. I havent found any bugs either.

And finally - sounds are very good, cause those one from OFP was terrrrrrrrrrible!

Some mentions from me:

1) too weak power of rifle bullets and weak recoil of Uk59

2) too "long-range" underbarrel grenadelauncher

Some mentions from me:

1) too weak power of rifle bullets and weak recoil of Uk59

+ on the under barrel grenade launcher, I also sometimes get multiple explosions.

Typical grenade muzzle velocity of M203 is between 70m/s and 80m/s (approx. between 160mph and 180mph).

Typical 26,5-vz-70 grenade muzzle velocity of VG-70 is 195m/s (~440mph). 26,5-vz-70 grenade has more aerodymanic shape as grenades for M206.

Quote[/b] ]Maa Posted on Dec. 14 2008,21:13EDIT:

Zoom will be fixed in upcomming patch.

Speaking of zoom, i forgot to mention that somehow i don't have any zoom anymore with the BMP and T72. Pure CSLA mod launcher, so no extra addons in use. Haven't checked out the other armed vehicles yet.

*Not sure if that was meant, but in one of the missions (will look up name later)...but the one where you need to secure village (after you have cleared the farm and took out the shilka)...

3 bugs as far as i know

SPOILERS:

1. The farm area at the beginning isn't clear although the objecthint says it is....you still have the 2 guys in the farm. Looks the hint is linked to one of the guys between the barracks.

2. You have a movie part where you talk to the commander near the big house you need to secure. Sadly i had distroyed the house  biggrin_o.gif , and during that movie i'm talking to an invisible commander. Also his 'lines' (voice and text) aren't showing up. The part he talks about getting into the grenade launcher and cover the field.

3. Not 100% sure if it was in the movie or just after the movie that plays when you have to meat that guy in the center of the city (crossroad), before the movie of the big house...i spotted an russian (default OFP) infantry guy running in the street  whistle.gif .

Just small mission related flaws i noticed. So nothing big.

Good missions and story lines by the way  smile_o.gif . Very hard at times.

EDIT: Something i forgot to ask, but the license plate and tank numbering (not 100% sure about last) have poor alpha borders.

Due to respect i haven't opend the pbo's and checked myself.

Also the UAZ interieur seen for the outside suffer from HDR lightning (almost look grey - gamma). Might want to look into your named properties in combination with your shadowmodel.

Whoah! Absolutely great! The Power of Community talks again.

One minor issue I noticed in the mission "In The Army Now"... I did not get Teamswitch to work.

xmas_o.gif Brilliant work guys, has to be my favourite MOD in a while. Really dumb question but how do I animate the rear doors? biggrin_o.gif Yes total noob.

An other small thingy. I had a hard time finding the MP missions that are included. Bought on Sahrani, but the mission names were hard to find imho.

*Everon -> Attack Everon Village

*Paratroopers -> Paratroopers (CSLA).

Just posting in case other have a hard time finding them.

Personally bought should of have the (CSLA) tag behind it or CSLA tag infront without the ( ).

But again, just posting.

noticed on first blood mission that enemy turn up tagged as green (friendly) even though the rest of my squad was shooting at them.

can i say that the attention to detail, the immersion and mission really have brought me back to Arma. Thanks and look forward to your next release.

Quote[/b] ]noticed on first blood mission that enemy turn up tagged as green (friendly) even though the rest of my squad was shooting at them.

Noticed something simular in the MP mission: Paratroopers.

The charlie team showed up green but as leader i had a 'target' icon when i went over them...and an angry 'cease fire' chat of AI.

"green tagged" enemies are result of using east units as opfor for our (east) CSLA troops. Their side was rewritten manually in the mission.sqm so CSLA troops would attack them but they're still east units, hence the green tags.

"green tagged" enemies are result of using east units as opfor for our (east) CSLA troops. Their side was rewritten manually in the mission.sqm so CSLA troops would attack them but they're still east units, hence the green tags.

hmm. it was confusing until i turned tags off. then it was ok as the rest of my guys were firing at them.

in fact the first few times i tried the mission i wondered why our forward advance units were firing on me - but it turned out they were the enemy in green. thanks for explaining.