Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

It would be cool if a hard copy of that map was shipped with the game. (Hint to publishers)

ArmA II has reached Number 1 in the video gamer populaity charts

http://www.videogamer.com/games.html?platform=1

Glad to see, but is VideoGamer.com a well-known website like Gamespot.com?

EDIT: Here is the information for ArmA II on Gamespot.

gamespotarma2info.png

The highest popularity rank for ArmA II is 160, and it is on 247 people's wishlists.

For Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, the highest popularity rank is 53 and it is on 1,761 people's wishlists.

Edited by Laqueesha

There seem to be two Dams...I thought there was only going to be one. Bonus! Though it's a pity that we have two and can't blow them up...there must be some use for them in game...some kind of easter egg? Hope so.

Nice, nice, nice!! :D

It would be cool if a hard copy of that map was shipped with the game.

The czech special edition has a map...among other goodies..

Judging by the number of comments and articles, Videogamer.com is a very small site. The fact that the Arma 2 preview has been shining for a long time on the main page, is probably part of the reason the article ranks so high now. The site is way to small to be any serious indicator of popularity.

We had "dammage", we'll have "forrest" :-)

I wonder if this map is in vector, or just bitmap.

I think the the most important thing will be the demo. They should better be very carefuel and take their time with it. Tell me a big game which had a demo, no one want's to make a demo since years. So i think a demo will catch many eyes, and maybe get some people to get interested. The best thing would be if "ofp/arma untrained" gamers get hooked because of the great graphics/athmosphere and play it long enaugh to get the flavor of the gameplay.

I can remember how funny it was to watch a trained gamer firstly playing arma: What key for this, oh you can do this too, crashing helos, get shot all the time, difficulties to aim, move and the list goes on and on. He was pissed quite fast and i needed several attempts to get him hooked. Now he's quite an armaholic :D

If they release a nice, overview creating release trailer and spread it around nicely, it will help too.

For the news: The map looks georgeous, might get the impression that it's small, but i'm sure many will feel lost for a long time. It's twice the landmass of Sahrani and far more detailed landscape. Sahrahni south was kind of just a big mountain with some places and towns for comparison. Now i'm really confident, this friday i'll know :yay: (Hanging out in the Forrest! Maybe they got inspired by Rammstein to make the "Black Forrest" sound more dangerous?:bounce3:)

Greetz

The czech special edition has a map...among other goodies..

Can you go into detail on that as it seems you got more info than most here have atm.

Or did you receive something from BIS for possible betatesting?

Oh and btw, the links in your signature are both dead :)

Man can't wait to hear from the german gamers about Arma 2 :D

I hope there won't be to many campaign spoilers :P

We created a document listing campaign spoilers we don't want revealed to be sent to the press to try to avoid just that :)

Well, I plan to record some coop campaign footage with FRAPS, so I guess spoilers may occur. Or I could edit out most of the story stuff and stick to raw action...

We created a document listing campaign spoilers we don't want revealed to be sent to the press to try to avoid just that :)

I really appreciate that. :)

Placebo, i think you might have missunderstood, the way i read, and understood it, he was hoping the gamers wouldn't give away to many spoilers afther the german release.

I'd have to agree on that, i do hope folks could clearly marke the spoilers start and end afther the release....

Placebo, i think you might have missunderstood, the way i read, and understood it, he was hoping the gamers wouldn't give away to many spoilers afther the german release.

There'll be a no spoiler rule, also I'll try to get a spoiler button implemented so people can clearly hide certain stuff and other people only view it by clicking the button, works well on other forums.

Anything that pertains to the storyline/plot/premise of the campaign should be spoilered.

Eg: "So mission 4 and a group of us get sent to the town of Saint Claire to kill this rebel guy".

That should be spoilered.

I'll send a mass PM to all members once the spoiler button is implemented to inform them spoilers are not acceptable and what is a spoiler.

Sry i didn't read every post but i hope we are the first. ArmA2Base.de presents South Zagoria in HQ 2047x1982 px ~ 4MP Image of SZ, the northern province of chernarus :)

http://arma2base.de/include.php?path=comment&comcat=cont&subid=96

WOW Very nice! Thanks man. :) This will come in handy planning my soon to come raids!

but how can an average german arma2 player (me^^) determine whats a spoiler is and whats not?

LOL! :D

Cheers

Alex

You surely don't mean it looks exactly the same as Arma, do you? There are some noticable differences like shaded terrain detail (not in Arma). And a few of smaller details like thickness and colour of countre lines. But I think you're right (if you meant that) and Arma 2 ingame map will be not much different than the one in Arma.

Sorry for late response, took a long nap.

That's pretty much what I ment. This map and ArmA1's is pretty much the same concept, only ArmA2's so far has additional representational information for large roads (Sahrani consisted entirely of 2 lane roads, not including the smaller dirt/gravel roads, if I remember correctly, correct me if I'm wrong on this), railroads and other new features they had to create additional map keys for.

Edited by Steakslim

Its a island in the ocean, may be accessible from Chernarus, or may not.

I think Utes will be some kind of Rahmadi so it will be accessible via the main map and as a small test map :) I hope so