The Lost Brothers -Isaac and Ishmael Mod

sorry for not updating for long time but we've busy with real life stuff

the infantry pack is all set

last editing for the merkavas

merkava mk1

mk1n.jpg

merkava mk2

mk2n.jpg

hopefully we'll make the mk2d version (you might think that the mk1 = mk2 but they look different in the turret part and the hull)

Do you know if you will release the 4th addon pack of LOBO for armed assault?

if yes, we this lobo addonpack 4 will release?

Hello guys, I'm glad to announce the release of our latest infantry pack.

This version features:

New:

Covert Sayeret MATKAL units for ambigious operations behind enemy lines.

Egoz units in ghillie suits.

Added many handy tools: Throwable lightsticks, flashbangs, throwable laser and IR strobes for target marking, working smoke grenades, C4 breaching charges, deployable assault ladders. All very useful and affect gameplay in both SP andparticulary in MP

Reworked:

Weapons with authentic accesories (both factory and home made)

*Note, you can switch between the Acog and the ironsight on the Negev now

Completely reworked most units: Egoz, Palsar Golani, Sayeret MATKAL, Duvdevan, Snipers and many others.

Mitznefet helmet cover replaced with a higher quality one, comes in many shapes and sizes.

Fixed:

Numorous bug fixes.

Optimized for better performence.

Download:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/LoBo_IDFInfantry_4.0.rar

Mirrors will be welcomed.

Screenshots:

MATKAL_Raid_2.jpg

IDF_Inf_3.jpg

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/CMATKAL4.jpg

will b the other addons released all 2gather,like the armour or the historic pack,or one at a time

Edited by Raafatah64

I would love to see some SP missions(or preferably campaigns, with ACE support) that sports all these Israeli addons.

Mission makers? :)

I would love to see some SP missions(or preferably campaigns, with ACE support) that sports all these Israeli addons.

Mission makers? :)

There are a few in the pack, some are good, some are not, no ACE support unfortunatly.

they require the previous release though.

to Raafatah64:

It's unclear at the moment, since both me and Miles are extremely busy.

most of the stuff is pretty much ready for a release, but we still need to iron out a few bugs and other issues.

Thanks for informing us about your release and sorry for our delay before posting but work is taking me up completely these weeks.

Release frontpaged at the Armaholic homepage.

Please could you add a link to Vilas' weapons pack? His weapons pack as you named it was replaced by others. So, I have no idea which weapons pack exactly is required.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for informing us about your release and sorry for our delay before posting but work is taking me up completely these weeks.

Release frontpaged at the Armaholic homepage.

3-animation.png

Infantry Pack v4.0

required_addons.png

Vilas weapons pack

Please could you add a link to Vilas' weapons pack? His weapons pack as you named it was replaced by others. So, I have no idea which weapons pack exactly is required.

Some of the units require Vilas's Russian pack, future releases will require the Israeli pack aswell.

Ok, thanks. I have edited my post. I hope this is the correct addon. Vilas releases so much addons (excellent work offcourse), it can be confusing at times.

it will b out soon i guess coz we need 2 test those nicely done idf soldiers with the new tanks and the new stuff

Ok good news...the Historic infantry pack is almost ready!!!!

I'm just packing it up right now!

I promised it and by God I will deliver!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

oooh my god cant believe it miles now thats great news wow cant wait. will the whole addons be released all 2gather or one by one miles

One by one... it's the only way really.

But hey...better then nothing.

After the Historic infantry release I'm going to try and put together the historic armor pack. Some of the stuff will be in rough beta form...but again...I just want to get the stuff released so that we can fully concentrate on ArmA 2 stuff. They will be usable and not total crap, so don't worry. Just minor bugs.

After that updated modern armor (requires a bit more work) and an updated aircraft pack.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sorry for the delay... still writing up the credits and found a few last minute bugs that I'm trying to fix...but for sho' it'l be released in a day or two if nothing comes up in real life to interfere (lately I've had a ton of stuff that I needed to to take care of in RL).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Finally, at long last I'm releasing our Historic infantry packs as well as the modern Egyptian infantry.

The LoBo_HistIDF.pbo file contains within it IDF units simulating those during the 6-Day War, Yom Kippur War, and the first Lebanon invasion (early 80's). Within it you will will find standard Golani units, Sayeret Matkal, and paratroopers that include those wearing French Lizard cammo uniforms common in the late 60's amongst paratroopers. These units are primarily equipped with the FN-FAl rifle (the main battle rifle of this period) along with the famous IMI Uzi sub-machine guns. Other weapons include the standard K-98 rifle, the K98 sniper rifle, the Panzerfaust, and a range of other weapons. The M79 grenade launcher is not realistic but was put in to substitute for barrel launched grenades which we were not able to get working in ArmA. Perhaps in ArmA 2 we may get working some realistic rifle barrel launched grenades like we had in OFP.

Aside from this the helmets represent those of the period to incude old British paratrooper helmets as well as the US M1 steelpot.

The 80's units are wearing the modern IDF kevlar helmet (patterned after the British WWII paratrooper helmets), and the Israeli version of the PASGT kevlar flack vest that is still used in some units today. These units are armed with various types of Galil rifles (AR, SAR, Galatz, etc...).

LoBo_HistoricIDFparas_1.jpg

LoBo_HistoricIDF80_1.jpg

Credits-

Vilas- Main base model, M1 helmet, ammo pouches and ammo harnesses.

Topaz- The base uniform and equipment textures that were then modified.

Miles Teg<GD>- Black exterior helmet straps, British paratrooper helmets, texture modifications, and base infantry and equpment model modifications.

Hayal- IDF kevlar helmet.

Namman2- Winter coat.

BIS-Head, boots, hands, and some of the base models and misc. pieces of equipment.

Download link to Historic IDF pack:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/LoBoHistoricIDF.7z

Required Addons:

LoBo Infantry Pack version 4.0:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2253

Vilas Weapons Packs required for all LoBo infantry:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/VilasWeaponsPacksForLoBoInfantry.7z

Below is the Modern and Historic Egyptian infantry pack:

This pack consists of both Modern and Historic Egyptian infantry soldiers with the addition of Historic Syrian soldiers.

Egyptian Infantry-

These are the regular infantry of the Egyptian Army made up of largely conscripts along with some career officers and NCOs. They are equipped with the standard 7.62mmX39mm AKM Assault Rifle, the PKM Machine Gun, and the RPG-7 Anti-tank rocket launcher. In addition officers carry the Port Said M-45 SMG and Tokarev 7.62x25mm pistol while snipers are equiped with the Russian made SVD sniper rifle. In addition there are highly capable engineer units who are equipped with landmines and satchel charges in order to carry out demolition missions as well as area denial missions and anti-armor missions against enemy armor with the usage of land mines.

Unlike Western armies, the Egyptian officers basically take up most of the roles that senior NCO's carry out in Western forces. In the past the Egyptian Army was notoriously sluggish tactically due to the old Soviet doctrine of warfare which they used throughout most of their past conficts in modern history. However with increased joint training with the United States along with a rapidly modernizing military force, the Egyptian Army is gradually turning into a powerful military machine reshaping itself to the realities of modern warfare.

Unlike most Western forces however, the Egyptian military has been slow in taking up the usage of modern body armor, although it is available to some elite units.

Helmets are generally older M40 style helmets with Kevlar liners comparable to American 80's era M1 steel pot helmets with Kevlar liners.

(Miles Teg commentary- I have personally trained with the Egyptian Army and observed a high degree of professionalism in their military. Their uniforms also appeared very comfortable with open sleeves and beautiful suede combat boots perfectly suited for desert combat).

In this pack are both the older "scrambled eggs" cammo patern' as well as the newer "chocolate-chip" desert BDU's used by U.S. forces during Desert Storm in the early 90's.

Egyptian Commandos- Al Quwaat Al-Khaasat

These are the cream of the crop of the Egyptian Army. Generally these are career oriented soldiers who are taken from the best of the regular infantry and airborne corps. They recieve a much higher degree of training in special operations tactics such as airborne insertions, small boat insertion, demolition, raiding, long range recon, and assassination. They are equipped in this addon with folding stock AK-47's, M16's, and M240's. They also carry rifle grenades, RPG-7's, Port Said M-45's and Tokarev 7.62x25mm pistols. In addition saboteur units are equipped with satchel charges and land mines. Snipers are equipped with advanced sniper rifles to include the M-24 SWS and HK PSG-1 sniper rifles.

Egyptian 130th Amphibious Brigade

These are Egypt's equivalent to the US Marines. While not a large part of the Egyptian military, they are a critical component in operations in which large scale amphibious assaults are conducted via landing craft and helicopter from larger naval ships. These units are well equipped with PASGT helmets, and American made M-16A2 rifles, M240 (FN-MAG) machine guns, as well as a few Russian weapons such as the RPG-7. These units have a proud history and espirit de corp.

Egyptian Naval Commandos (Al-Quaat Al Khaasat)

These are the equivalent of the US Navy SEAL teams. The naval commandos generally serve in support of the 130th Amphibious Brigade by conducting such missions as the recon of beaches for possible amphibious landings, long range recon to identify enemy defenses and targets, as well as special operations such as assassinations of enemy officers and deep rear area strikes on enemy supply lines and bases.

Trained in small craft insertion, airborne insertion, and equipped with Western gear and weaponry, these naval commandos provide a potent special operations capability to the Egyptian Navy.

Historic Infantry-

These infantry are from both the 6-Day War and Yom Kippur War era in which much of the basic infantry equipment and uniforms remained the same. The only difference was in the Yom Kippur War, the Egyptian commando units began wearing a distinct camoflaged uniform that was reversible. Only one side is shown in this simulation. The weapons used are all found in the required addons at the bottom of this readme. They include such interesting weapons as the awesome Hakim rifle (extremely accurate and deadly) and M45 Port Said. Sniper rifles consist of the SVD (Yom Kippur War era) and the time-tested Mosin-Nagant sniper rifles.

LoBo_Egyptian_Marines1.jpg

LoBo_Historic_Egyptians1.jpg

Credits:

Modern Egyptian infantry soldiers: PASGT helmets by HYK with cammo helmet covers by Miles Teg<GD>. Main models by BIS with equipment a mixture of BIS and models by Vipersheart. Camoflaged textures by Miles Teg<GD>.

Historic infantry:

Base models by Vilas. Equipment by Vilas. Textures by Topas modified into tan by Miles Teg<GD>. Some equipment by BIS.

Cold Weather coat by Namman2 modified heavily by Miles Teg<GD>

Download Link for the Historic/Modern Egyptian pack:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/LoBo_EgyptianInfantry.7z

Required Addons:

LoBo Infantry Pack version 4.0:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2253

Vilas Weapons Packs required for all LoBo infantry:

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

One more addon pack today! This is our Egyptian Helicopter pack.

This small pack contains four Egyptian Airforce/Navy helicopters to include the Westland Commando II transport helicopter, the Sea King Naval helicopter, and two Gazelle gunships (one armed with 20mm cannon and the other with four HOT ATGM).

LoBo_Egypt_Helis1.jpg

Download link (mirrors appreciated)

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/LoBo_Egypt_Helipackver1.7z

Addons required:

LoBo Egyptian infantry pack:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/LoBo_EgyptianInfantry.7z

Credits-

Sea King/Westland Commando 2 helicopters

Original model & textures- Malvinas Mod

model, textures, and cpp.config modified by Calm Terror.

Conversion to ArmA by Namman2

Gazelle Gunships

Models, textures, & sounds/configs originally by the Operation Frenchpoint Mod

textures modified by Calm Terror with flare script added by Calm Terror.

Conversion to ArmA by Namman2

OFrP wanted me to note that this model is their OLD OFP model and not their vastly improved ArmA model.

All models modified by Miles Teg<GD>

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

This is great. I'd been looking forward to these. :yay:

...old British paratrooper helmets

"Helmet, Steel, Airborne Troops, Mark II", to be exact (although

modern collectors tend to call these a Mark 3, which is not the official

name). Israeli paras actually called these things "French Helmets" since

the early jump courses were run by the French using stocks of old Free

French (albeit British made) kit.

This link is dead. Will any old version of this do?

Credits:

Don't I get a little credit? :cryy: I compiled a reference manual on Israeli

FALs for your weapon addon maker and gave you some other stuff (helmet

models and rifle sights - IIRC). :)

Are the "historic" tanks going to be coming out too (Centurion!)?

Yeah the old Vilas weapons packs should work. Actually... I think I put down the wrong link as now that I think about it, he had the Israeli stuff in a seperate pack. I get so confused cuz he's always changing his weapons packs around. Tomorrow morning I'll find a better link or put up a RAR of the required Vilas addons as right now I'm about to fall over from sleepyness (long night of playing ArmA2 on the Tactical Gamer servers). lol

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yeah the old Vilas weapons packs should work. Actually... I think I put down the wrong link as now that I think about it, he had the Israeli stuff in a seperate pack. I get so confused cuz he's always changing his weapons packs around. Tomorrow morning I'll find a better link or put up a RAR of the required Vilas addons as right now I'm about to fall over from sleepyness (long night of playing ArmA2 on the Tactical Gamer servers). lol

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Vilas_rus.pbo you can find it here:

ftp://ftp.armedassault.info/armad/addons/vilas_rus.rar

Lucas, there are a few weapons missing from there in that Russian pack that we used from Vilas's other non-Russian packs so the below pack is what is best used. I don't think the IMI weapons for example are in that Russian pack.

Ok...I changed the links to the required weapons packs needed for all LoBo infantry. The link is:

Yes, I know its alot of weapons, but that was the deal we had with Vilas and we have to honor it. They're good packs however so they can be used with any of your addons with missions just using a a few simple scripts in the init line of your soldier and the weapon and mag names listed in the readmefiles associated with Vilas's weapons.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

Lucas, there are a few weapons missing from there in that Russian pack that we used from Vilas's other non-Russian packs so the below pack is what is best used. I don't think the IMI weapons for example are in that Russian pack.

Chris, I checked and you are absolutely right. congratulations for your always wonderful mods. And, sorry for my bad English.

Luca B. from Italy

awesomeaddons im downloading. are you going to release the puma and mraps?

The Puma still needs alot of work and probably will only be released in ArmA 2. The Golan MRAP however just needs a little bit of work so I'll probably release that soon. I'm just trying to figure out why the cargo proxies aren't working properly. :(

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg