Sign in to follow this  
ingram

Flight Sims X/2004/lockon etc..

The author is experimenting with shaders :

Impressive to see that in a 14 years old game.

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 is awesome! Steam has it for 10€.

Much content and even more with mods/missions etc.

I also recommend for anyone too check out Thirdwire´s games for modern combat, considered "lite-sim" compared to Falcon 4;

Strike fighter series, Wings over...series", not the best graphics though(even for a sim) but Im having a great time in it(Wings over Israel.)

Also have alot of mods.

http://www.thirdwire.com/projects.htm

Dunno if these upcoming sims have been discussed but its Fighter Ops...

I wouldn't expect too much from Fighter Ops... I remember back in 2004 or 2005 when it was announced they said that a first version would be available later that year. Now its 2009 and they still dont seem to have anything else than renders of some basic models and small pieces of terrain on their site. I wouldn't be surprised to find out the whole thing is a scam to get people to pay for the "Area 51" access where they supposedly give you some top secret development information.

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 is awesome! Steam has it for 10€.

Much content and even more with mods/missions etc.

I bought it a few days ago, and it's just mind-blowingly awesome. Actually, I tried the demo back in the day, but somehow I never got the full game, and now I really wish i had. I never thought a flight sim could be this fun !

I play IL-2 1946 (get the AAA Installer!)

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs

Saw some discussion on Elite - played it when it was first released on the COmmodore 64. Played Elite II as well. Also played all of the X-Series. had all of the FS series, but did not get FSX. May pick it up though.

Getting DCS Blackshark this weekend.

My current setup: play.jpg

This is a hard question because:

1. I don't have Falcon

2. This are a different types of simulators and the difficulty of for example BF-109 is different than the electronics etc in F-16

heh if you can land a Bf-109 in IL2 you can land just about anything, took me quite a few broken gears until i was finally making consistent landings. Me and ColSandersLite usually get some small coop games going a couple of times a week if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

Currently playing thru a Soviet P39 Campaign, great plane to fly imo.

p39.png

Edited by thepiespy

My current setup: play.jpg

Very nice. :) That is the Saitek X52 system right? I´ve been looking into that

cos right now im using Logitech attack 3 and its not that exiting, the throttle control feels like a joke.

Ah IL-2, I have the complete collection, IL-2, Pacific Fighters, Aces Expansion, 1946, and the Pe-2 addition.

Great fun, I play them to this day.

Here's a screen from yesterday, I'm in a Ki-43 above Singapore on my way to engage some British Hurricanes.

il2fb2009-05-0210-11-40-85.jpg

Very nice. :) That is the Saitek X52 system right? I´ve been looking into that

cos right now im using Logitech attack 3 and its not that exiting, the throttle control feels like a joke.

I had to get away from Logitech's, they never felt right.

Using the X-52, but before that, I was using the Saitek Aviator. The forward throttle had me concerned when I bought, but it was far more confortable than I ever imagined. The main reason I went to an X52 was so I could set my trims with the thumb wheels lol!

Damn that's nice. What is that, 3x 22"?

I like the X52 Pro for the thumb slider zoom, and also the thumb mouse and mouse wheel on the throttle.

I also like all the coloured lights.

Although I use pedals, the joystick twist rudder is much more accurate than the old X45.

I liked the trim wheels too.

There should be a new IL2 one of these days......

I hope they fix the FOV for the Triplehead.

I don't think it works with 3x 22 inchs at all from what I read.

That's my next upgrade, so I will be keeping an older PC around to play Sturmovik on 3860x1024.

Hopefully the next installment will be out before then, and won't have been Xboxed into Tom Clancy's Hawx.

I have three 20's. TH2G currently does not support their native resolution of 1600X900, but I make do.

There is support now for 22"s. They added support for 1680X1050.

There's only so much you can do with the FOV in games like Lock On and IL-2. The engines of those games weren't designed with that sort of resolution in mind.

I know it's an almost year old thread, but I didn't want to get told off for starting a new one xD

Anyway, the first ever video on my new acount! Please read the description to learn some cool stuff :)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2HQLnfe4Ww&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2HQLnfe4Ww&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I know it's an almost year old thread, but I didn't want to get told off for starting a new one xD

Another great vid! Forwarded to my old AirWarrior newsgroup.

it seems hardly anyone plays rise of flight. its a great game with even better planes. WW1 aviation FTW!

there the dog fights really get close up and personal :D

(screenshots are not my own, picked form the screenshot thread at the RoF forums)

Von_Lustig%20Takes%20a%20Lucky%20Shot.jpg

Cp0Hm.jpg

I play Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe simulator(this is more of arcade type), also that Rowans Battle of Britain Simulator, Electronic Arts Fighter Pilot(Total arcade mode) and Legendo Attack on Pearl Harbor. Game is K-7 ;)

Not forgetting this good old game: Micro Prose European Air War. In stunning 256 colors;).

Yeah. Orbiter. That great Space simulator. I play it also. Quite hard but I play it because I like it.

Somebody mentioned here that he misses Micro Prose. Me too and I also miss Westwood. I am glad that ID Software is still on line and alive today. Also one of the lost companies: Interplay. I miss that too. Sad. So SAD :cryy: :cryy:

One of the best flight Joystick is/was: Gravis Advanced and Gravis Firebird.

Edited by 33BO11OF00
info

Hey guys,

I hope its ok to dig up this old thread - I've ignored those simulations for quite some time but due to some lucky coincidents I got into FS2004 and the PMDG 737-800. I bought FS:X for my home computer and was overwhelmed by the massive supply of (quite expensive) addons.

I'm currently thinking about buying either the PMDG 737 NGX or the MD-11 (which is supposed to have a better FMC)

Further I'm thinking about new scenarios. The Innsbruck addon looks pretty good to me. Any other recommendations?

In addition I'm looking for a joystick. I'm currently using a 40€ Logitech joystick which is ok. Sadly I've lost my Sidewinder FF2 ... Would you recommend a new Force Feedback joystick or is a cheaper one (like the 40€ joystick from Logitech) alright?

Anyone already with X-Plane 10? I tried the demo but my computer cant handle it...

Microsoft Flight is no option for me...

In addition I'm looking for a joystick. I'm currently using a 40€ Logitech joystick which is ok. Sadly I've lost my Sidewinder FF2 ... Would you recommend a new Force Feedback joystick or is a cheaper one (like the 40€ joystick from Logitech) alright?

The Logitech joysticks are utter s**t when you are coming from a Sidewinder FF2. You can even feel the gears clicking as you move. Very poor accuracy and movement range.

Logitech are weird when it comes to quality. For steering wheels they are great, for joysticks they suck, for speakers they are great again, and for headphones they suck again...:p

I don't know what joysticks are good these days. Sidewinder FF2 still holds up despite being ancient.

Dat Flaming Cliffs 2...:D

This is easily my favourite combat sim. Great selection of modern fighters, pretty easy mission editor = Infinite Joy! Really can't wait for more news about FC3. Flying mah F-15 over DCS engine version of the Caucus? :bounce12: Yes please! I'm probably just dreaming, but it would be great to see a 3D revamp for the FC2 pits, even just the F-15 and Su-30 or MiG-29... Ahh one day...:)

Any LOMAC players looking forward to the proposed combined arms sim that ED announced? I'm imagining the worlds largest and most realistic RTS, and it's very exciting. :yay:

Edited by Clarkey1

Dat Flaming Cliffs 2...:D

This is easily my favourite combat sim. Great selection of modern fighters, pretty easy mission editor = Infinite Joy! Really can't wait for more news about FC3. Flying mah F-15 over DCS engine version of the Caucus? :bounce12: Yes please! I'm probably just dreaming, but it would be great to see a 3D revamp for the FC2 pits, even just the F-15 and Su-30 or MiG-29... Ahh one day...:)

Any LOMAC players looking forward to the proposed combined arms sim that ED announced? I'm imagining the worlds largest and most realistic RTS, and it's very exciting. :yay:

Combined arms sim? Tell me more.