Sign in to follow this  
punkindonuts

Warfare startup loadout

Ive just started having a play around modding Warfare and was wondering what line i need to change to change the default m16 that each player slot starts with to a different weapon.

ive managed to add weapons to the barracks loadout so i can buy different weapons but i would also like to start with a different weapon, hope this make sense and any help much appreciated.

welcome.gif to the forums

...\Common\Functions\Common_EquipDefaultLoadout.sqf

Edit that file in notepad and change the variables, its pretty self explanatory just as long as you know what the weapon and ammo class names are.

Example:

You will see 4 of these lines.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_unit AddMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag";

So for each of these code lines it means 1 magazine in inventory.

make sure you have the same weapon class name in these 2 lines (for west example)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_unit AddWeapon "M16A2";

_unit SelectWeapon "M16A2";

Add weapon just says that the M16 is added to the inventory where the selectweapon line states that the M16 is selectable.

The Common_EquipLoadout.sqf  is just for other items, Binos & NVG.

I think the Common_EquipTeamLeader.sqf is just specifically designed for the team leader if one is on the map, same principle applies for the default load out editing.

thx for getting back to me, ok i did what you said but for some reason everytime i go into the editor and run warfare i always start with the same m16.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> _unit AddWeapon "M4AIM";

_unit SelectWeapon "M4AIM";

i originally tried it with the M4 Aimpoint but have tried it with other weapons also, and even tried changing the Russian side to see if that worked but everytime its the same result.

any further help appreiciated

Yea, never mind I don't know what I'm talking about. I tried the same thing and no results either... Sorry man... I'm having a trouble time figuring out why my starter squads are not starting out with the default load outs that the editor says they are starting out with...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Common\Config\Config_Loadouts.sqs

Search (Ctrl+F) for:

Code Sample[/b] </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">westDefaultWeapons =
Then you will see these two lines:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote ]

westDefaultWeapons = [westPrimaryWeapons Select RH_M16A4TYPE]

westDefaultAmmo = [westPrimaryAmmo Select RH_M16A4TYPE,westPrimaryAmmo Select RH_M16A4TYPE,westPrimaryAmmo Select RH_M16A4TYPE,westPrimaryAmmo Select RH_M16A4TYPE,westMiscWeapons Select HANDGRENADETYPE,westMiscWeapons Select HANDGRENADETYPE,westMiscWeapons Select HANDGRENADETYPE,westMiscWeapons Select HANDGRENADETYPE]

This is fairly simple. Find the weapon class name, and put it in all the areas I bolded. Also add the word "TYPE" to the end of each of the classname mentions. For example the "M249" class name would be "M249TYPE" in all of these fields.

Also notice the "HANDGRENADETYPE", each time this is mentioned a hand grenade is added to the players inventory at the start of the mission. Be careful though, a typo here causes a lot of weird random problems so I suggest backing up this file or copy/pasting the two lines elsewhere temporarily.

Hope this helps!  smile_o.gif

cool got it working cheers vic, i never thought of looking all the way through the loadout script aint i a muppet

Same here punkindonuts

Just a shame that you can't mix and match for different class, like AT for at soldier and sniper for sniper soldier, ect...

Damn Victor Thanks!

I've been going around and around and around those folders! notworthy.gif

Is it possible to add a LAW launcher to the default load as well?

Quote[/b] ]westTemplateCosts = _c

westDefaultWeapons = [westPrimaryWeapons Select RH_M16A4TYPE]

westDefaultAmmo = [westPrimaryAmmo Select RH_M16A4TYPE,westPrimaryAmmo Select RH_M16A4TYPE,westPrimaryAmmo Select RH_M16A4TYPE,westPrimaryAmmo Select RH_M16A4TYPE,westMiscWeapons Select HANDGRENADETYPE,westMiscWeapons Select HANDGRENADETYPE,westMiscWeapons Select HANDGRENADETYPE,westMiscWeapons Select HANDGRENADETYPE]

;EAST LOADOUTS

copied and pasted straight in and no loadout at all for player slots :O

Well... here’s a theory.  “westPrimaryWeapons Select†is obviously the primary weapon, so would “westSecondaryWeapons Select†work for the secondary lost..?

I haven't tried it and not tempted to just yet. whistle.gif