Sign in to follow this  
stigern

AI doesn't use Helicopters in Warefare,

The AI hasnt been scripted to buy and use them, more for players Ai to use them.

Why not? It's such a huge aspect of the warfare strategy, and it would be great when playing with friends against the AI.

When I’ve seen AI in choppers in Evolution, they suck so bad.

Having them in Warfare would just be a waste of resources (regarding the server i mean). Planes seem to work ok, but helicopters are bad.

On this subject, entrusting equipment like that to the AI is a waste of resources. Here are my reasons for it.

The Air factory is build in a spot that might have the take off be very tricky. AI will simply crash and burn or leave it disabled.

After take off there is always the off chance of the AI crashing into the factory's tower or other high object IE power lines ect.

Combat most of the time leads to them crashing any way or being shot down.

I have only used em for extraction and insertion after I've parked the chopper in a place that I know he won't crash it at take off. In flight disembark now works very well with the chopper about 1 meter high while the units jump out. If you manage to get the chopper to hover very still, you can eject one by one or you have the off chance that the AI will get hurt hitting each other after ejecting. I only give my AI the MG MI or the MG BH the rest is not worth the resources to have them loose it.

I think AI aircombat is worth it.

Spawning the AI controlled plane in the air is a good solution imo. In combination with a trigger to make sure there is no player around when buidling, no-one would see the difference.

On this subject, entrusting equipment like that to the AI is a waste of resources. Here are my reasons for it.

The Air factory is build in a spot that might have the take off be very tricky. AI will simply crash and burn or leave it disabled.

After take off there is always the off chance of the AI crashing into the factory's tower or other high object IE power lines ect.

Combat most of the time leads to them crashing any way or being shot down.

I have only used em for extraction and insertion after I've parked the chopper in a place that I know he won't crash it at take off. In flight disembark now works very well with the chopper about 1 meter high while the units jump out. If you manage to get the chopper to hover very still, you can eject one by one or you have the off chance that the AI will get hurt hitting each other after ejecting. I only give my AI the MG MI or the MG BH the rest is not worth the resources to have them loose it.

LOL!

So, to sum it up, the reason AI should not fly helicopters is:

They will crash.

So true my friend. biggrin_o.gif

In one of those crazy MR version games, I was the commander and had access to 60K? So I bought 4 Kamovs and set them well on our side of the battle lines patrolling, and there was no air activity for a while. I'd say it was pretty effective, until human players started requesting support, and I had to break up the "firing line". If only human players would team tactic like that...