Sign in to follow this  
pauliesss

Desert Bradley

!!! Update !!!

Version 1.02

Download:

Rapishare.Com - Click

Update 1.02:

- added version with ERA armor (thnx to Miles Teg<GD> and wld427)

- working dampers (thnx to modEmMaik)

- 3rd person view for commander is now working, you can turn around (thnx to modEmMaik)

- increased armor value

- increased hit value for M242

- lower rate of fire (more realistic)

- new realistic Bradley sound and M242 sound (thnx to Combat Team and Miles Teg<GD>)

Screens

1. http://i31.tinypic.com/29pxaoh.jpg

2. http://i25.tinypic.com/24cxx1j.jpg

Please delete your old version and replace it with this new, thanks.

This also applies to all hosters of this addon, thanks.

Thank you Pauliesss. I'll check this out today. It's great to have some ERA on there.

Needs more Dirt :/

Maybe in next version... tounge2.gif

Thanks for mirrors. wink_o.gif

Vast improvement on the first release!

The only thing worth mentioning is the dirt and weathering - good stuff!

While in "editor" mode, I get a CTD when I try to test the Bradley (ERA).  The other 2 Bradley's work fine.  Anybody else getting this?

edit: I have an ATI card too.

Awesome!!!!! Everything is kick ass on it now!

The dirt issue....eh... that might be nice if that can be improved. But the bigger thing I think would be animating the TOW launchers like they were in OFP.

If that could be done, then I think the addon would be be perfect. But as it is, I still think its absolutely fantastic.

Time to make missions with this baby!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

While in "editor" mode, I get a CTD when I try to test the Bradley (ERA).  The other 2 Bradley's work fine.  Anybpdy else getting this?

Same here too.

But good work anyway.. I like the new sounds. smile_o.gif

While in "editor" mode, I get a CTD when I try to test the Bradley (ERA).  The other 2 Bradley's work fine.  Anybpdy else getting this?

Hm, I will try to fix this in new version, its probably because of texture on ERA armor I think......but this crash is on random computers, some people dont have this problem and some have..... huh.gif

Hi there!

I get this ctd as well, I have an ATI graphics card. I heard that they don't like certain texture sizes.

anyway, nice tanks, but they realy need more dirt. smile_o.gif

check your RPT file and PM me with what it says.

Looks awesome.. awesome... How about some screens from the interior? smile_o.gif

Got CTD with M2 "ERA" too

Quote[/b] ]ErrorMessage: Cannot create system memory surface 1555,140x140 (size 51456 B) Error code 8876086c

M2 Bradley (IFV) could be weaker to RPG's so there is more difference to upgraded M2A3's. Missing option to turn crew out, zoomable commanders sight, working gauges and voice "... board that Bradley", some improved texture and dampers. Anyway good addon for desert combat!! Thanks. smile_o.gif

Did you consider to make an M3A3 (CFV) 3 crew + 2 scout seats and with additional ammo?

No more new models from me, as far as I am not modeler and I am going to have some "pause" from ArmA addons...

Working dampers were planned for this version, but they are still dont work, but in the next version, they will. Next version will also fix CTD error.

spectacular addon ofcourse but I do wish we could get some kind of organized decision on what shade of desert camo to use. this shade doesnt match ones used on another M1a1 pack and those dont match another etc etc...

Not really a big issue it just makes em look kind of funny when your trying to use addons created by different people.

Still a great job on these guys notworthy.gif

Okay, private version ready for testing, expect public release tomorrow. smile_o.gif

Thanks goes to modEmMaik for fixing crashing to desktop error and working dampers. wink_o.gif

I get the same error message as NoRailgunner.

[ErrorMessage: Cannot create system memory surface 1555,140x140 (size 51456 B) Error code 8876086c]

Glad that the problem was found and fixed.  smile_o.gif

I got the same message(with an ATI card).

It is not the first time it happends to me, and it seems to be a problem with ATI cards processing textures with dimensions that are not power of 2. It is ok to have a texture of 1024*1024 or 2048*2048 but it crashes if the texture has values like 1023*1023 or 2040*2040.

I got the same message(with an ATI card).

It is not the first time it happends to me, and it seems to be a problem with ATI cards processing textures with dimensions that are not power of 2. It is ok to have a texture of 1024*1024 or 2048*2048 but it crashes if the texture has values like 1023*1023 or 2040*2040.

That seems to be the fact, yes smile_o.gif

I am sure, I have read this some time ago, but I am unable to locate the corresponding thread at the moment. I wonder, if it was OFP-related... confused_o.gif

Its both OFP and ArmA. All textures should be powers of 2*

So, viable pixel lengths are:

4096 (As I recall it is pointless going this high, as ATI only supports 2048)

Basically any combination of those.

Additionally In OFP you couldn't have a texture ratio larger than 4 (i.e. if the texture size was X*Y, then X could not equal more than 4Y, otherwise it resulted in problems in multiplayer of all things). I'm not sure if this was 'fixed' for ArmA, although that woould be trivial seeing as you should be using larger texture panels, rather than smaller, numerous obscure texture sizes.