Sign in to follow this  
luky.m

Patch 1.14 Troubleshooting

the following is very strange

I have bought the gold edition one week ago; played two days online on original 1.08 version; went 'fine'.

Now i install the 1.14 patch and suddenly i have an

invalid cd key?

Can anyone see what is happening here? How to fix this?

Also i always see the message that i use altered files (ca) but i did not alter anything

what is happening here

thx

ps im om vista64; duo core d6550; 2gig ram; raedon hd 3870

>> i notice lot of vista users have problems; should vista be the reason why? it sure is not recommend on case! I try install on friends pc (on xp) and see how that goes ...

advice still welcome

I have a problem with v1.14 patch.

I installed it and everything seems to be ok first, but when game (in-game) has been running for about 30-60 secs it crashes. This is what I get in ArmA.rpt

Quote[/b] ]=====================================================================

== G:\Games\ArmA\ArmA.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Sat May 31 14:45:21 2008

build 1.14.5256

Cannot register unknown string STR_FILTER_BATTLEYE

Cannot register unknown string STR_DIFF_DEATH_MESSAGES

Cannot register unknown string STR_DIFF_NETWORK_STATS

Cannot register unknown string STR_DIFF_VON_ID

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.VonID'.

Warning Message: []: '/' not an array

Cannot evaluate '' - no file

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Veteran/Flags.VonID'.

ErrorMessage: Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)

=======================================================

Date: 05/31/08  Time: 14:59:52

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00000000

Version 0.00.0

Fault address:  00000000 00:00000000 Unknown module

Registers:

EAX:01A9E068 EBX:00000001

ECX:01A9E450 EDX:0080830C

ESI:01C601D0 EDI:BB0565C1

CS:EIP:001B:00000000

SS:ESP:0023:0125E89C  EBP:0125E8E4

DS:0023  ES:0023  FS:003B  GS:0000

Flags:00010206

=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file F:\Documents and Settings\Jussi\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\ArmA.mdmp

To be more accurate thats actually when I try to run buldozer, but very similiar comes out when I try to run game itself. It informs me also in .rpt "Unknown type of vertex shader". Buldozer gives error of VON.ID and "Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe or data?)" and refuses to open.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Solved

I have a problem that nobody else has reported yet.

After updating to 1.14, my game makes absolutely no sound at all anymore. I thought that maybe this is because of the FDF sound mod, but after isolating those files in another folder, the same problem persists.

Everything else works just fine.

I'm still getting the "out of memory" error, albeit not as consistently as version 1.12(which was by far the worst for me.) Now it seems to happen more randomly and less frequently but still makes it impossible to get immersed in a mission.

Maxmem=512 doesn't work. vm108, pre-patch 1.12, made it go away.

I'm running:

Asus P5E3 Wi-fi mobo

C2E 9650 3.0ghz

4gb DDR3 1600hz

8800GTS with 175.16 drivers

Vista Ultimate 32bit

Has anyone else figured out a fix for this?

MadDogX,

I've quoted my original post regarding the "Out of Memory" error/CTD I'm still getting in v1.14. It only happens with larger/busier missions, especially if I create a mission using Silola's DAC v2.0. It seems to depend on how many units/vehicles are present and depending on how many there is, I will CTD at different times after the start of a mission. If there's a ton of units/vehicles present it will CTD at the mission's start during DAC's initialization when it creates/places the units. Then I'll start up the Editor, reduce the amount of units/vehicles the mission has, preview it and then I can play a few minutes into the mission before CTD/Out of Memory occurs.

It doesn't only happen with my own missions using DACv2.0. I've had it happen with False Prophet's It' War SP mission, the various versions of MrN's epic Dynamic War and others.

With v1.12/v1.14 patch the CTD just happens out of the blue. Usually there's now slow down, stuttering or FPS drop; it just crashes with out warning. The Out of Memory CTD's rarely occurred until ArmA v1.09, and got worse in v1.11 and v1.12. In v1.14 it's a little more giving, i.e. I can play longer until a CTD and it seems I can add more units until it CTD's at the start of a mission.

Finally, here's my a link to my DXDiag:

http://pastebin.com/m797a5662

If you have any ideas or suggestions I'm all ears.

I'm trying this again until BIS or someone can give me some suggestions. I'm getting tired of these CTD out of Memory errors when my machine can handle anything. I've included all my info, can someone shed some light on some suggestions to fix these ridiculous CTD's. I've tried everything I can think of.

I've not seen the previous posts, do you have a .RPT extract? THe last 100 lines, for example.

I also have here and there some CTD (well, more CTD without -vm108 than with -vm108, apparently, and not the same cause anymore) after hours of game (last crash was after something like leaving the game up for 6+ hours in the same mission)

I'd like to see if you have the same message as I have. Unfortunately I'm at work atm, I can't paste it here, will do it tonight.

I've not seen the previous posts, do you have a .RPT extract? THe last 100 lines, for example.

I also have here and there some CTD (well, more CTD without -vm108 than with -vm108, apparently, and not the same cause anymore) after hours of game (last crash was after something like leaving the game up for 6+ hours in the same mission)

I'd like to see if you have the same message as I have. Unfortunately I'm at work atm, I can't paste it here, will do it tonight.

Sure. Here it is.

I'm still getting the "out of memory" error, albeit not as consistently as version 1.12(which was by far the worst for me.) Now it seems to happen more randomly and less frequently but still makes it impossible to get immersed in a mission.

Maxmem=512 doesn't work. vm108, pre-patch 1.12, made it go away.

I'm running:

Asus P5E3 Wi-fi mobo

C2E 9650 3.0ghz

4gb DDR3 1600hz

8800GTS with 175.16 drivers

Vista Ultimate 32bit

Has anyone else figured out a fix for this?

MadDogX,

I've quoted my original post regarding the "Out of Memory" error/CTD I'm still getting in v1.14. It only happens with larger/busier missions, especially if I create a mission using Silola's DAC v2.0. It seems to depend on how many units/vehicles are present and depending on how many there is, I will CTD at different times after the start of a mission. If there's a ton of units/vehicles present it will CTD at the mission's start during DAC's initialization when it creates/places the units. Then I'll start up the Editor, reduce the amount of units/vehicles the mission has, preview it and then I can play a few minutes into the mission before CTD/Out of Memory occurs.

It doesn't only happen with my own missions using DACv2.0. I've had it happen with False Prophet's It' War SP mission, the various versions of MrN's epic Dynamic War and others.

With v1.12/v1.14 patch the CTD just happens out of the blue. Usually there's now slow down, stuttering or FPS drop; it just crashes with out warning. The Out of Memory CTD's rarely occurred until ArmA v1.09, and got worse in v1.11 and v1.12. In v1.14 it's a little more giving, i.e. I can play longer until a CTD and it seems I can add more units until it CTD's at the start of a mission.

Finally, here's my a link to my DXDiag:

http://pastebin.com/m797a5662

If you have any ideas or suggestions I'm all ears.

Here's my .rpt file and my error/system info from previous posts, again.

ArmA.rpt for lastest Out of Memory CTD:

http://pastebin.com/m76edc58a

about sound problem i have one suggestion for creative X-fi user, i find that by turning off SVM off in game mode i started to get missing sound problem, this happen in intensive fire fight, but by turning svm back on the problem is fix

after installing the patch i get "altered files found CA;DBE1" and can no longer join MP.

(vista 64)

I recently installed the 1.14 Patch, the patch is great but it seems that the cloud and sky textures have disapeared, i now have a monotone sky, any idea what the problem could be?

Hey,

I have the same problem with my sky. The Sun does not show up, neither do the clouds. If it is sunny out the sky is just blue, if it is overcast the sky is grey. This bug is very annoying and ruins a lot of the fun. I took some screens on my xfire to show you what i was talking about. Click for screens

Thanks! smile_o.gif

after installing the patch i get "altered files found CA;DBE1" and can no longer join MP.

(vista 64)

i was sold illegal version; no trouble shooting for me anymore

about sound problem i have one suggestion for creative X-fi user, i find that by turning off SVM off in game mode i started to get missing sound problem, this happen in intensive fire fight, but by turning svm back on the problem is fix

ahh....what is SVM?

I have no idea about that

It is really annoy of missing radio message during firefight...

After installing the patch I get Lag spells in game really bad. It comes and goes at random.

Im running:

Athlon64 2.0GHZ

2gig of ram

Geforce 7600 GS 512mb

Windows XP SP2

SB Audigy 2 sound card

I got another problem here

After I change texture to medium, I got Error from ATi Driver

and my system crash, I have to reboot it.

And now can't even open the game...

Asus P5KPL motherboard with 0603 BIOS

Q6600

HD 3870 512MB with latest driver

4G Ram

i started to make mission and i found strange bug :

soldiers do not obey order 1-7 (stay here) and do not obey "go there"

I have a problem with patch 1,14

Withnout mod is work great but with mods its problematic.

When I shoot with BIS M4 or AK74 its display to me:

SIZE:'AK74Recoil/' not an array

and the same with M4

Do anyone know why ?

thank you   smile_o.gif

I have this problem too. Someone has a solution ?

Update to my post above... I did need to get the latest driver for my Geforce but after installing, I still got the Lag spells.

Its wierd because its not normal lag. It comes after running the game for a few minutes and sticks around for about 2-5 minutes then all the sudden gets completely fine for a few more minutes. repeats like this indefinitly. I added the "-maxmem=1024" but it didnt seem to help. I am gonna try to update my audigy driver since I havent in a while and see if that helps... help.gif

Not tested in other version, but if you have a lancher in your hands you can walk underwater (until you die).

Look:

arma2008060816193637bg0.jpg

Hey guys I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this or not, I've begun experiencing Wax Face Syndrome. By that I mean the soldiers faces look as if they are melting or something. Sometimes the faces even reach down to the ground. I've heard of jaw dropping, but I don't think that is what they mean. wink_o.gif

Has anyone else experienced this at all with 1.14? I've already done a clean install of ArmA and QG (Atari version) and patched to 1.08 and then went directly to and installed the 1.14 patch. If you'd like a picture I could provide one for you.

If this is typical, I'm afraid of having to revert back to 1.09 beta. sad_o.gif

Thanks for any information regarding this weird little matter, gents. smile_o.gif

72 @ May 22 2008,06:32)]Nobody saw a lot of graphical issues in the water around rhamadi (at least forgot to look in southern sahrani - too busy with WARFARE smile_o.gif ) But its tiles around in the water. Everone playing saw them.

EDIT: This is an addon problem. So never mind. Seems like everone had the same addon that played last night. Will scout it out and post wich it is.

Did you figure out which addon it was in the end m8?

E

When this game first came out, I purchased the Sprocket download version, and have since patched the game to 1.08. Just recently I tried to patch the game to 1.14, but when I try to install it, I get the following error:

"Error found in file CAMPAIGNS/ca.pbo (000000!=00000001)"

I tried patching again after doing a full reinstall. Am I doing something wrong here? I have a valid purchase reference and serial number.

This is unbelievable!! In v1.14 the Ka-50 are still able to attack air targets with their Vikhr missiles! I can't believe that BIS didn't fix this!

The Vikhr missiles are still too precise against air targets (but seem less than in 1.12) and if the Vikhr can engage air targets was implemented on purpose than it's unbelievable that they didn't do this for the Hellfire as well!

Hi all

Hardly a 1.14 error since it has been there since ArmA was released and is 100% intentional.

The Vikhr is an Anti Tank and Anti Air missile. The Helfire is not an Anti Air missile. Simple as that.

Here is a video of it being tested on a drone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z03y04imhQg

Quote[/b] ]Maximum effective range 10,000 m Effective against ground & air targets at converging speeds to 800 km/h.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/at-16.htm

Follow link for full text

Please try to keep up, ricnunes at the very least check you facts with Google before letting the clutch out on your keyboard.

Kind regards walker

I think there's a middle ground on this subject. The Vikhr is "capable" of hitting a slow moving aircraft from behind as long as it doesnt maneuvre. So the VIKHR in Armed assault has the capabilities at the moment of a R73 or a AIM9m All aspect short range AA against highly maneuvrable fighter jets.

In balance if it was either on or off for VIKHRS. I would say off is more realistic than its currenrt air to air capabilities.

(Black Shark Beta Tester)

In addition, for a Kamov or a AH-1 to hover out of locking range of the AA tripods is unbalanced. Either the AA tripods locking range needs to be increased or the Choppers locking range lowered. They should be equal imo.

After performing my due diligence and researching/troubleshooting on my own, I'm convinced that the sound problem myself and others have been experiencing is a bug.

What happens:

In any intense firefight all sound effects will gradually fade out until the game is almost completely silent. The more units involved in a fight, the faster this will occur. Disabling EAX and hardware acceleration makes the problem better, but doesn't alleviate it completely. This is with a clean install and no addons/mods.

What I've done to troubleshoot:

- removed and re-installed OpenAl

- directX diagnostics

- removed and re-installed the most recent sound-card drivers

- tried Creative's beta drivers from Jun 2 2008 which list "OpenAl issues" as one of the fixes.

- Completely removed and re-installed Arma

- lowered hardware acceleration in sound-card properties

I have encountered several other posts from users on this forum and elsewhere describing this same problem and would encourage those users to post here so we can see how many are actually affected.

My Specs:

- XP Pro

- Core 2 Duo E6750

- Gigabyte P35DS3L MB

- 2 x 2gb patriot DDR in dual-channel

- BFG 8800 GT OC 512

- Audigy 4 Gamer

- Sony DRU800A DVD

- Seagate 300gb SATA HD

I am affected, too. It fades out, but when loading a savegame, all is well again. I tought it might be a feature (temporarily deafness after shooting rifle wink_o.gif ), but it seems to be a bug.

still after new drivers i have effects like 1.05 version , missing textures, low poly models... really i feel like back to 1.05 sad_o.gif

in 1.08, 1.09b all was good ;(

is -maxmem=256 or 512 still works in 1.14 ??