Sign in to follow this  
scars

SA-6 Gainful beta

scars, I sent you message with the more up-to-ArmA 0.9 config...

Sorry message was not noticed.

It saw now.

Oh, great! Whats the engagement range of this thing now?

quite innefective against planes yet though , i think the config need some tweaking still , but glad to see those damage textures, keep it up

Use this in the config.cpp for the missile value:

Quote[/b] ]class 3M9: MissileBase

{

proxyShape = "\3lb_sa6\3m9_proxy.p3d";

model = "\3lb_sa6\3m9_f.p3d";

hit = 650;

indirectHit = 250;

indirectHitRange = 12;

maneuvrability=16;

simulationStep = 0.002;

trackOversteer = 5.0;

trackLead = 1;

airLock= 1;

irLock = 1;

laserLock = 0;

groundLock = 0;

cost=10000;

maxSpeed=850;

maxControlRange=24000;

timetolive = 35;

sideAirFriction = 0.9;

initTime=0.01;

thrust = 750

thrustTime = 8;

};

Should make the missile much more realistic. As it comes in the package it has only a hit value of slightly over 200, thats close to an ingame Sidewinder and the SA-6 has a manifold of the 'Winders explosive content! Even if the missile doesnt register a direct hit but explodes nearby, it should deal out plenty of damage, which is what the above values reflect!

Another issue is that the maneuvrability is WAY too high. It comes with a turn rate of 55G which is considerably more than the most modern close in IR missiles can get up to (~44G for the AA-11 Archer, 40G for the AIM-9X and ASRAAM). I dont have exact values for the SA-6 but it shouldnt be able to turn more than 16Gs given its size, etc.

Then again I've also tweaked the rocket motor settings which should give it more realistic acceleration values.

I've sent another message smile_o.gif best regards!

Karaya's right about the missile, but I'm afraid that these hit values are much overpowered as the missile is big enough and thus can easier hit the target... most of damage should come from indirectHit - it's russian weapon wink_o.gif

thanks Karaya1 , what about the detection range and the turn maniobrability of the main turret , it seems it takes a long time to aim the missiles and fire

It seems to perform much worse at night too, didn't think they'd be targetting visually...

Love the progress though - it's nice to have a more "guaranteed" counter to air units in missions.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

irScanRangeMin = 0;

irScanRangeMax = 0;

That's the "night & range problem"...

It can be solved via disabling these lines in the config and taking cfgVehicles\ZSU as a base class instead of Tank smile_o.gif

EDIT: or drop the powerful group of Shilka and Kub launcher - while no real radar script present and IR independent fire and forget missiles that won't be used by AI against AI in ArmA, these are the easiest solutions.

It is a great work. I hope u will have the time too make a radar too. Theat wold bee a fantastic and a kub-m sistem compleat. And just maybe a truck with missile fo rarming the lanser. Keep up the great work notworthy.gif

Still a great addon... It still takes two shots to take down a UH-60 black hawk?...

A bit innefective i also think too!..

keep up the work!

Cool addon!

I'm using the first release now, and so far the hit pK is pretty low. That's fine though, the mod kicks-ass overall and I can consider the misses as heavy ECM from aerial targets, non-upgraded, late 70's manufactured rounds, and my overall suckiness. smile_o.gif

Just an idea, it would be cool if you made the Straight Flush radar system. It'd be cool to build an entire SA-6 site to attack, radar, TELARs, reloaders and all. Or maybe the SA-11 Gadfly? Uses the same chasis, really the biggest change is the addition of an onboard radar.

Well, the SA-6 addon is great regardless, good job!

Just an idea, it would be cool if you made the Straight Flush radar system.

that has to be done by some Skilled Scriptmaker... otherwise disabling default BIS IR scanner is pointless.

The problem with reducing the maneuverability on Ground to Air missiles in ArmA is the fact that the missile will 99% of the time, completely just fly right past the target without detonating if you don't get other values PRECISELY right as in the thrust speed and thrust time.

I played with the values for HOURS one night, trying different things. I wanted to keep the "look" of the missile taking off as in actually being able to see it launch and fly towards it's target, at the same time keep it effective. In my previous post the config.cpp entry is what I found to give the best results for that kind of missile system.

Just an idea, it would be cool if you made the Straight Flush radar system.

that has to be done by some Skilled Scriptmaker... otherwise disabling default BIS IR scanner is pointless.

Or just simple mission editing. Immobalise the SA6 if the Radar is destroyed?

Main bugs:

- Too small detection range of enemy aircrafts.

- Too weak missiles.

with the fixes provided by Karaya1 and Zguba it works pretty well smile_o.gif

i know this sounds quite an impossible idea, is there anyway of making it remote controlled from a distance?

btw love the addon ive made some interesting missions with this the main target,

I still get the "sections" error as previously posted....For all those that want better tracking....The MaxLeadSpeed needs to be upped to about 2000-2700 to track jets effectively. That should be done int the cfgmagazine btw.

Lamar

I hope Scars will be able to include the Config.ccp changes suggested.  I myself do not understand how to do the them myself.  I was able to figure out how to make the changes as suggested by Jocko Flocko.  But as to the rest I am at a loss.  Needless to say this does not detrack or lessen the importance and extremely valuable work done by Scars.  You have such skills I can only dream of doing.

Scars and for the rest of the Surface to Air addon makers, I recall that RKSL Studios was making a couple of Surface to Air addons.  I seem to recall it had some very neat ablilities.  Such as directing which battery fired at what target ect.  I am not sure how far they have progressed, but it may be worth the time and effort to talk to Rock.  Maybe a mutal colaborative effort could be forged.

Once again my hat is off to you and everyone else.  notworthy.gif

Very nice to see some proper AA instead of the stone age Shilkas and VADS! Looks grand!

As for it's ability to hit I think the missile will have to be scripted to detonate with its proximity fuze (would take some work, but really making it the half-sluggish medium range missile it is, with it's 56kg payload.

Since its terminal guidance is by SARH a Straight Flush radar vehicle would indeed be needed for full realism, but considering the work I think we should be very grateful to get a proper SAM.

I can't however see the point of remote controlling a missile system that is (or well, optimally should be) command guided though crazy_o.gif