Sign in to follow this  
wld427

MH500

OK. so some people have said tey were looking for a hellfire armed little bird. Well here you go. I made it for the RACS because they seem to be the bastard child of Sahrani.

UPDATED AGAIN*************

I fixed the horizon indicator bug and added the radar. if anybody else has suggestions let me know.

Small handling tweaks. Thanks to FA Dali Lamar for getting the damage texts to work propperly

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Mirrors Appreciated.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1551695

EULA**************************************

This is all BIS stuff made with BIS tools. I take no credit for the original models. I simply kit bashed a little.

So please accuracy purists cut me some slack for filling a little gap in the game.

I do not take responsibility of this thing eats your hard drive, steals your girlfriend, or ruins your life from you spending all day plaing Arma....

If anyone would lit to take it further by all means do. Please credit BIS for thier fabulous(with help) game, and wld427 for modding the original BIS work.

Most of all.... enjoy

haha nice one! Wish the missiles would be more in the same color as the chopper.

i thought that too. Unfortunately i cannot find any pictures of helfires any color but green. Even the Israeli sand colored and the Japanese grey colored AH64s have green hellfires on them.

I will make a "RACS" sand colored tex if thats what everybody wants.

Also right now i am working in a HUD.

Does anybody else have any suggestions?

Armaholic mirror and news:

- MH500 with hellfires (<1MB packed with 7zip, anyways u can also use winrar to extract it)

Updated.....

See first post for updated link.

Armaholic mirror updated:

- MH500 with hellfires (<1MB packed with 7zip, anyways u can also use winrar to extract it)

LOL.. Gotta love hellfires... rofl.gif

I don't see any real-world reason why an aircraft and its missiles would have the same paint job.

Missiles are like bullets. They are for shooting, not for carrying around indefinitely.

I think the difference in color makes the hellfires look more lethal.

That's a Littlebird that packs a punch!

wld427

By now you should know that hotlinked pictures over 100kb are a big no here, no? wink_o.gif

wld427

By now you should know that hotlinked pictures over 100kb are a big no here, no?  wink_o.gif

oopps PB said it was only 86.... i will make a new one

Thanks Lamar

I will get right on it.

Nice addon and all, but I don't think the MD-500 ever carried hellfires.   I know the Israeli version definitely did not.  All of the Israeli MD-500's carried TOW ATGM's with a few mounting rocket pods.   Nowhere in the literature on the MD-500 Defender do I find anything about hellfires either.  

I know its easier mounting hellfires as they are already in game, but it would alot nicer to see one with TOW missles and the FLIR on the nose of the helicopter.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Nice addon and all, but I don't think the MD-500 ever carried hellfires.   I know the Israeli version definitely did not.  All of the Israeli MD-500's carried TOW ATGM's with a few mounting rocket pods.   Nowhere in the literature on the MD-500 Defender do I find anything about hellfires either.  

I know its easier mounting hellfires as they are already in game, but it would alot nicer to see one with TOW missles and the FLIR on the nose of the helicopter like this:

<GD>

Quote[/b] ]So please accuracy purists cut me some slack for filling a little gap in the game.

some people were asking for it so i made it.

I think i will make one with twin scud launchers for the fun of it.

Now a MD-500 with Scuds would be impressive!

lol!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok i have the glass breaking for damage bit the silly body damage texture will not apply. Same problem i have with my SA26. If sombody would like to give me a hand it would be much appreciated.

Wld47..I will be happy to look at this for you...Will work on it tonight...should have damage working by tomorrow....Hopefully. I have done them all with land vehicles just not with choppers I assume there is nothing ground breaking there...I actually think I already see the problem...Model Config needs to be spelled out more...Damage hide needs to be defined.

Oh and @Miles Teg: Thank you buddy for all your kindness and generosity. I promise to release those Especas guys soon making RVMATs for your lovely Israeli helmets and Titan Helmets ...Alas nobody will return my Permission requests.

biggrin_o.gif Lamar

Now a MD-500 with Scuds would be impressive!

lol!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sometimes bigger isn't necessarily better.

Imagine trying to fly that bird if you fire off only 1 SCUD at a time.

LMAO imagine the recoil!!!!

SEE FIRST POST FOR UPDATED DOWNLOAD