Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.12

At the top of the read me file for 1.12 it says:

*********************** ARMA BETA PATCH 1.11 README ***************************

When installing this beta patch is says that to uninstall it you have to re-install the whole game. It reports it is patching a 1.08 game to 1.12?? Did the other beta patches report this?

I'm getting a shadow glitch in Bulldozer from O2, even with my old models. Can anyone confirm if this is caused by 1.12?

Everything is Fabulous on my system.

1.12 is smoother, faster, ans texture is sharper than 1.11.

NICE PATCH! biggrin_o.gif

The patch is great, but there are some bugs that i haven't noticed before.

Now we have flying UAZ for example. biggrin_o.gif

Arma 1.12 and NVidia 174.74 Vista 64 driver...

The best it's ever run!

Thanks again,

Mosh

Crossfire is now broken for me again, using FEAR.exe and ArmA.exe. AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe gets CF going again but the HDR engine freaks out and fades everything to black.

Besides highlights, there are many minor fixes made... congrat BIS!

FOV should be standarized for all vehicles/weapons view. The best example why: HMMWV with M2 - MG is unusable in CQB combat due to narrow FOW, while driver has almost 180 degree view... personally I feel very weird while switching between driver and gunner pos.

PS. official patch is near, I feel it...

ffar sound fixed - thanks BIS!

since i use true-mods truefov, the new fov doesn't bother me this much. but after checking it out i have to agree that, despite it looking more correct perspectively, something feels wrong using it. the new a-10 also has a slightly zoomed in fov, wich i think is a little overdone. the old was perfect, imo. (this may be an issue with truefov only, did not check this atm.)

and maybe my mind plays tricks with me, but i think the new crisp look that 1.11 introduced is gone with 1.12. but i only did a quick comparison between 1.11 and 1.12. it might be a good idea to install 1.09 and compare with that...

as I reported on the 1.11 feedback thread when it came out, in vista x64 with 4GB ram the game still black screens. no mods and playing from the beta shortcut in the arma working directory.

Since i patched to 1.12 i have big problems playing Arma with Vista. Low performance (20 fps less than 1.11) and the game often freeze for a second. I get still "Connection failed" if i try to connect to a server (Hamachi works).

I will uninstall 1.12 and install 1.11 again!

My system:

Asus Stryker 2

Intel CoreDuo E8400 2x3ghz

GF8800 GTX (768mb)

2GB Kingston DDR2 (800mhz)

Vista 32x

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]5242 - Fixed: AI can spell the whole alphabet now.

What the heck? biggrin_o.gif

looks great here maxed settings 60fps ...

E6300 2CPU running at 2.972 watercooled

striker extreme

4 gig ocz ram watercooled

twin raptors

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS G80 (Omega 1.169.25) watercooled

Windows Vista ver.6.0 build 6000 [No Service Pack]

samsung 226bw 22 inch 1680x 1050 native res

GOOD JOB GUYS

Dave

The new FOV is HORRIBLE. It looks like you're firing from the hip, but you've actually got your gun shouldered. Change it back and move the camera position between the player's eyes like on various character addons rather than above the left eye. That looks better and more realistic and it even lets you aim the gun without using your sights to a certain extent, like in real life. It feels like you're trying to make the first person look more like games that are far less realistic...

The AI not being able to board ships, unless they are positioned on land (and thus unable to move) seems to be fixed.  yay.gif

Can't make up my mind about the FOV change. On the one hand, I spend much of my time playing ArmA zoomed in anyhow.. My right mouse button is bound to zoom. So perhaps it's a worthwhile change?

I'd say somewhere between 1.11 and 1.12 would be fine by me.

I think players coming from other FPS will probably appreciate this. We might actually see a reduction in the "Arma feels weird or different" comments. I get the same claustrophobic feeling with this FOV as I did playing COD4.

Runs and plays beautifully on vista x64 with service pack 1 and the 8800 (ie all the things that were 'bad' ). ALL settings (including PP) I had maxed out running 1680x1050 and i knocked up a quick mission in the editor, and the LOWEST frames i got was 27fps, and that was in the thick of the action at Pita (renowned for low frames) with AI and madmax fx. Over quieter areas, or down southside, it was 60fps, and over Corazol around 40fps. I had viewdistance set to 3k but forgot to experiment with it.

so yeah, it works with vista x64 SP1! major plus

1. You can now 'skid' a helecopter slightly on landing. Don't think it was mentioned in the bug fixes/improvements, but if (for eg) you land a cobra on a bit of grass at 15km/h you now skid gradually to a halt, and not insta-stop and cause damage/injury. A++++    I like my choppers

2. Being able to hear FFAR's launched is a welcomed refix.

3. It's all nice. As long as big groups done try to cross bridges its AoK

edit: Please 1.14 final next week friday (1.13 is asking for trouble, it's a religous thing rofl.gif )

I personally don't like the new fov. Too zoomed in if you ask me. I'm an avid gamer and I play tons of fps and this is the most zoomed in an awkward fov I have ever come across. Most games I have played offer a fov of 75-90. Plus it feels extra weird in widescreen. I have to double tap the minus key to make it acceptable again.

Everything else is fine so far.

I never zoom in. I can't in real life, I don't wan't it in a game.

If I want to zoom, I use a weapon with an optic.

---

My custom FOV settings for 1680x1050 resolution are:

fovTop=0.562500;

fovLeft=0.900000;

With those setting I don't have any fisheye effects or too much "zoomed in" view.

---

MfG Lee

Serious stuttering problems with the new patch. My fps change eratically and show between 15 and 50 fps. Game runs terrible. I tested this on my own in the editor and with only my player on the map. This was on the map sahrani in the town. I went back to 1.08 and all was fine then.

Windows: Vista 32bit home premium

Graphics card: Geforce 8800 Gt

mainboard: Ausus Crosshair

Cpu: Dualcore Amd 3800

Memory: 2gb Corsair

Windows: Vista 32bit home premium

Graphics card: Geforce 8800 Gt

mainboard: Ausus Crosshair

Cpu: Dualcore Amd 3800

Memory: 2gb Corsair

First Post.

I only recently bought ArmA (being a longtime OpF fan) and I must say that I'm very happy with the recent series of patches.

With the new FoV and the changes in 'mouse feel' I cannot happen but wonder. Is ArmA being readied for a 'next-gen' console release?

1. Reduced Fov very typical of console compatible games.

2. Check the mouse. Seems faster along the vertical compared to horizontal. Typical trait for joystick driven console games.

All in all, patch works well.