Sign in to follow this  
$able

BattlEye problems

Bob.Dob, the problems with Fraps etc. should be fixed now as I wrote above. Also there were recent enhancements to counter possibly corrupted packets (which should not happen).

Regarding players being kicked for "Client not responding", from what I have seen, it is not any more frequent than the "losing connection" messages (indeed they almost always happen before that) - though it seems, no one pays much attention to them unlike to BattlEye kicks. People often tend to think that if BE kicks, then it is caused by BE - but if the connection to the server is lost (for more than 30 seconds), then this is just normal.

Anyway, I'd appreciate further feedback from you too.

Did you only get this after a while?

I will be looking into this.

Btw, I will reduce the d3d hook detection to only a few important d3d functions in an update today.

Released now, please test it.

Thanks $able

Australian OGN Servers will be monitoring this very closely and will be testing it on different setting on our servers.

Thanks for helping us out with the D3Dhook.

wow...

..well i dunno if you fixed it, or one of my fav servers turned off BE...

..but i got on it using Triplhead/SoftTH.. works like a charm. if you did infact change something for SoftTH..

Thanks a lot, really.. as someone else said, its really great your taking all this feedback to heart, amazing smile_o.gif

Xfire Screenshots:

Sorry if this has been answered already. Is there a way to turn off battle eye when I am just playing on my local computer, so that I can take screenshots?

Is Battle Eye really needed if, for instance, I have no network connection?

Thanks.

Otherwise: A big thanks to the developers for trying to address the problem of idiotic cheaters/hackers/griefers. I just don't understand the point of "hacking" at all. Probably caused by the lack of a male role-model.

Arma 1.12b + Xfire working fine!

I FIXED IT. So, contrary to popular opinion, Battle-eye doesn't seem to be breaking X-fire screenshots at all. You just have to manually configure X-fire to point to Arma's beta directory in Options-Games and X-fire starts working again.

Btw, I will reduce the d3d hook detection to only a few important d3d functions in an update today.

Released now, please test it.

Does this mean that some wallhacks will work now?

Does this mean that some wallhacks will work now?

Most should still be detected.

Anyway, the "DirectInput Hook" kick when using Xfire is fixed now.

Battleeye refuses to work for me when using the -profiles command, even from a completely refreshed, empty Users folder...

eg

"F:\games\Armed Assault\beta\arma.exe" "-profiles=F:\games\Armed Assault\" -mod=beta

It always kicks me off after a minute or two with "battleeye failed to update"

Without the -profiles command it works fine.

wamingo, I tested that and it works fine for me.

The auto-update probably just didn't work for you at that time (due to connection), whereas the other copy of BE in the default appdata folder was already updated.

"E:\Program Files\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=beta -mod=@AL -window -nosplash -profiles=profiles -cfg=arma.cfg

Works fine smile_o.gif

Yours

Crowe

There was a problem with players being kicked for "Unknown Game Version" on 1.14 which I wasn't aware of before the patch release.

This has been fixed for a few hours now, so everything should work fine again.

$able,

We have several members and guests reporting that they are getting kicks for the 'client not responding' issue, but rather than being kicked out to the MP screen, it is crashing their ArmA instance to desktop.

Also, this same problem seems to be popping up in mass kicks/crashes from time to time, as in 8 to 10 players will receive the 'client not responding' message and all will crash to desktop from it. We checked our server logs and found that all of these players were being kicked by BE at the same time.

I should clarify that we are not overly concerned with the 'client not responding' kick, but the crash to desktop that it seems to be causing.

Thanks!

How do they know they are kicked for "Client not responding" if they don't see it - or do they? It is most likely the other way around: ArmA crashes and as a result they are kicked shortly afterwards.

Yes, there seems to be a (mass-)crashing issue in ArmA, but I'm afraid this is not related to BE.

I can say this, $able is on the job, quick too. So give them a little time and we'll be back to the killing spree lol

Semper Fi

$able

Could you please edit first post for explaining how BE works, what it don't do and what it does do.

the BE homepage says it stops FRAPS and TS Overlay, but this one don't. Just so everybody know "the facts" about BE with ArmA.

I know you can read it "all" in these replys, but it's not that easy keeping track of it all....

Please....

best retard NoBrainer

Well, i have just tested it today without my will. My ISP gave me a lot of headache, i had packages received fail randomly for like 2-3 seconds, then everything went back to normal.

Usually, before activating the BE after the 1.14, that would result in "player losing connection" message, but i was able to play on after the "no message received for XX seconds". Now, even if my connection is fine, once i have a few packages lost, the counts carries on to 90s then i am kicked back to the lobby. So i am guessing that BE thinks i lost connection and for that reason it doesn't send me any more packages.

Anyway, i think this is one of the reasons i see so many ppl getting kicked in the middle of the game.

Please don't give me: you connection probably sux line, as it doesn't (10Mb line), and there are arma players with different types of connections, not only 100Mb wink_o.gif

pufu, BE just goes on sending for about 30 seconds, regardless of what is happening with the ArmA netcode.

So either way, there has to be a real 30 second timeout before you are kicked (caused by server or client). Also, keep in mind that often players are kicked because of their ArmA crashing (sometimes you see "losing connection" before the kick, sometimes not).

Yes, the problem that i got is the following:

Even if a server crash, or if a client looses connection, he will still be on the server for 90s. That is the default arma server/netcode settings (without BE). If during this time your ISP kicks back in, you will be able to stay on the server no problem

Using BE on the other hand, seems to lock you on that screen forever (the one where you see "no message received for xx seconds", even if your ISP kicks back in. So here goes the 90s rules. (if you are telling me BE only sends packages to the clients for 30s, and then consider them "out of the server"). I don't see myself being kicked, i am on the "no message..." screen till it reaches 90s, then i get the "session lost" message. This is a first time i have to deal with this as most of the time my ISP is just fine.

What i am trying to say is that, even some of the fault being on the client side, the BE should not kick the players (or lock them for that matter) before the same time (90s) has expired.

Tonight I filtered the BattlEye servers and they were almost completely empty. All the BattlEye servers were 2/32 or 1/20 but most were completely empty.

I had to switch to games without BattlEye to get populated games.

Why are people avoiding BattlEye?

Why are people avoiding BattlEye?

They do all cheat?

yay.gif

pufu, 30 seconds is already quite long, so 90 seconds is in no way an option. A hacker could exploit that even easier...

The reason you don't see the kick message is that your connection is interrupted and after the kick the server stops sending packets to you which results in the described timeout lock.

SlipperyJim, I don't really see what you are describing.

Is there a problem with the BE master server today?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

10:55:49 BattlEye Server: Could not connect to BE Master

10:55:49 BattlEye Server: Update attempt failed

10:58:06 BattlEye Server: Could not connect to BE Master

10:58:06 BattlEye Server: Update attempt failed

13:35:21 BattlEye Server: Could not connect to BE Master

13:35:21 BattlEye Server: Update attempt failed

13:37:38 BattlEye Server: Could not connect to BE Master

13:37:38 BattlEye Server: Update attempt failed

I can't reach the server at all at the moment, so it seems to be down.

I will post again when I get new information.