Sign in to follow this  
mazza

Enhanced Configuration System

Excellent mod guys, but is there any way of getting rid of those crappy BIS flames? I'm running MatH_ArmAEffects but the BIS flames are running as well. crazy_o.gif

Man i hate them...... crazy_o.gif

As for the mod overall..... notworthy.gif

=- @ Mar. 14 2008,10:20)]getting an error message when trying to start my arma.exe.

"Include file @ECS\bin\ECS_local.hpp not found"

I put the pbo Matt posted in my addon folder.

I didnt touch the bin folder in the ECS mod folder.. have a look in the mod folder @ECS/Bin Folder and see if you have Two Hpps in there?

Did you use it with @ECS or you use it in one mixed "Forbidden" Folder. Or much more "Forbidden" did you fill it in you Addons Folder.

So if you do not use the @ECS you will get this Message ...

The ai additions are great and the dynamic weather system but I'm having problems with the mod; I have no tracers so I'm using Six Sense (not theres anything wrong but I'm sure the mod is meant to have its own tracers) and more importantly I've got no Radio sounds at all. I've tried it on 1.08 / no mods 1.09 / no mods the same again with GC, 1.09b with the XEH core and still no change. It'd be a real shame If I can't use mod because of that sad_o.gif

A little update on the infantry weapons sound:

I managed to make it compatible with any sound mod you desire.

It is not an issue of loading order!

Go to your ECS_Armory.pbo and de-pbo it - edit the config.cpp by removing all classWeapons entries (it's the last paragraph of the file)

I also took the liberty of deleting the sound files themselves but that is, of course, not necessary.

You will receive the sounds of the mod of your choice but at the same time retain the ingenious hit and whizz effects of ECS - it's a great combo, really!

Thanks to sandzibar for the idea with ECS_Armory.pbo :-)

WOW) it unbelieveble))

It is almost perfect mod) except for a smoke and tracers)

HUGE thanks) to ECS Team

notworthy.gif

ECS is nice thanks to all authors and Updaters!! Whats about one "ECS update pack" that fix all old issues? Or is ECS team still active (working stealth)? xmas_o.gif

A little update on the infantry weapons sound:

I managed to make it compatible with any sound mod you desire.

It is not an issue of loading order!

Go to your ECS_Armory.pbo and de-pbo it - edit the config.cpp by removing all classWeapons entries (it's the last paragraph of the file)

I also took the liberty of deleting the sound files themselves but that is, of course, not necessary.

You will receive the sounds of the mod of your choice but at the same time retain the ingenious hit and whizz effects of ECS - it's a great combo, really!

Thanks to sandzibar for the idea with ECS_Armory.pbo :-)

I just removed "armoury.pbo" ... thus removing its sound mod (weapons and explosions) .. didnt much rate the sound mod part for that area. So all my sounds are back to how they are with my sound mod. NOTE: this doesn't effect ambient effects and comms chatter / voices.

Also removed "ECS_Quiet.pbo" if you want your voices back on commands and also removed "ECS_Tracers.pbo" .. thus keeping my own tracers working.

It all still works fine without those. Now after the XEH compatibility (chocking how that wasn't the case on release!wink_o.gif ... this is a must have ....

I love the explosion effects and sparks with tanks, also the on fire crew effect. Running up to a burning tank and having flames off your back is pretty funny in a twisted way crazy_o.gif All the ambience is superb, comms chatter makes up for getting sick with XAM "take over not compatible" mod and this adds bits I liked from Xam.

Im a Ghost Recon 1 fan, and I notice some bird effects from it (or where they got it from) and comms chatter was also used by Alpha squad on there Ghost Recon mod. Its like an ambient home from home xmas_o.gif

Im not sure as not tested fully but anyone know if this effects Truerange or other mods then enhance AI range?

if you remove ECS_Quiet do you lose the dynamic / new radio comms?

I have an question and i have read the readme notworthy.gif

Witch configentry is for changing the terraindetail??

i'm not in ECSteam

but please) read

@ECS\Readme\Readme.chm

to Black Dragon

in @ECS\Bin\ECS_local.hpp

*Settings

ECS_local set[8, false] Force local terraingrid Force local terraingrid - change false to true

ECS_local set[9, 12.500000] Force local terraingrid Default is 12.500000

50.000000 = deactivate grass

to layne_suhr

featurs list is too long))

to Enixj7

i don't know/ just try)

mrcash, do you know if removing the smokecore will allow like ArmA effects of DM's current smoke effects (with the blocking feature) to work? Or would its removal mess up the nice effects such as the sparks and stuff?

-----------------------------

EDIT:

I downloaded the new core pbo and when I tried launching it with Six Pack 1 I keep getting this:

EH_CES_Error.jpg

Anyone have a clue as to what's going wrong? sad_o.gif

EDIT:

I downloaded the new core pbo and when I tried launching it with Six Pack 1 I keep getting this:

EH_CES_Error.jpg

Anyone have a clue as to what's going wrong?  sad_o.gif

You have an old version of XEH I believe, plz install the latest one from the XEH thread.

In any case, this should fix it for the old version:

ecs_Core.pbo - config.cpp

Change:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define ECS_EH_INIT "if (isnil (""ECS_path"")) then {ECS_path = ""\ECS_Core\data\scripts\""}; _this call compile loadfile format[""%1init.sqf"",ECS_path];_this exec format[""%1init.sqs"",ECS_path]"

into:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define ECS_EH_INIT "if (isnil (""ECS_path"")) then {ECS_path = ""\ECS_Core\data\scripts\""}; _this call compile loadfile format[""%1init.sqf"",ECS_path];_this exec format[""%1init.sqs"",ECS_path]";

(added ; at end)

Nice MOD and ECP similar scripting architecture, I thought first that the MOD was leaded by one of ECP former members but it wasn't the case, heh.

What I mostly appreciate with this project is the addition of an extra-UI intended to enable/disable effects and features.

Otherwise, nothing really major in terms of scripts, as most of them are already available.

Regards,

TB

Thanks sick for the info. I've been going back and forth to the hospital so I'm so far behind on all the updates and such lately. I'll install the latest right now.

Thanks again! thumbs-up.gif

GUYS officially ... this is NOT READY for download. the link i accidentally leaked from the video forum was transfered and "introduced" HERE without the creators permission.

technically because the creator did not release it (no matter what the website says) it is "not ready".

the CREATOR of E.C.S. is "JOKER" from the disbanded RAZORS SQUAD" .

initially the last version of E.C.S. WAS NOT 1.0.9 compatible. (it can work in BETA, but las i have heard he was not going to upgrade it until official BIS patch was complete and out.

all i can say is it is an AWESOME tool, but it may not be ready for public release. if you have ANY ISSUES you will have to figure it out on your own. since this is "unnapproved" access, until he states otherwise.

ALL CREDIT goes to RSS JOKER....he has worked on this for several years (it was originally working for OFP)

if you have any questions as to the compatibility with other mods...it was NOT intended to mix with other mods. (except "signed" ones...

a lot of things the creator DID not want. for the most part completely stand alone, with no other input.

We started running the dedicated version but when we play maps that use addons in our gol addon pack the mission keeps saying "This mission is playable on deleted content ""AddonName"" and goes back to the mission select screen.

I made the server core XEH compa.. with the fix Sickboy gave so i dont no whats going on, i made it run and the start of the shortcut and end to see if it made any difference but it didn't. Does anyone have any ideas at all?

Today just isn't my day, or I'm just totally a retarded chimpanzee...

Ok I went and downloaded the latest Event Handlers version (1.3 I believe?). Ran it again, same error. So I went and edited the line you showed me and tried running it. Now, I'm getting this error:

EH_Crash.jpg

Am I really this stupid?! banghead.gif

.....don't answer that please. nener.gif

Getting the same error as Betsalel here and I do have the latest XEH! Btw, if I do what you suggested sickboy my game wont start anymore with ECS, instead I get the following error message:

Quote[/b] ]File ECS_Core\main.hpp, line 672: '/Extended_Init_EventHandlers/AllVehicles.': ';' encountered instead of '='

Changing it back to what it was before will get the game started but the initial error message reappears.

Lol, when this should not've been publicy available, im wondering how it's possible there's a website with public access (no password, no security measures) etc?

But I guess one must learn sometimes the hard-way :-)

I wish the creater goodluck, and looking forward to the final result tounge2.gif

assume that it is NOT complete. this is LEAKED. (accidentally by me)

i dont know much about mods, but i do know that MODS in E.C.S. must be signed by the authors. (not sure if that is a SERVER thing...or if it is in E.C.S on its own.)

again. I accidentally leaked the website. it is NOT ready for "public use" no matter WHAT the website says until the creator (RSS JOKER) OFFICIALLY releases it. yes teh website has been up for months, but that was a trusted "play testing/feedback" area for us to use. before this got out maybe 10 of us have had this mod and known of website for months.

joker if you see this i apologise for brining it to light without your permission.. it was an accident.

the REASON it is "public website" is because those who were trusted could download/access to it and use it freely, and give feedback..but it was not meant to be "promoted" yet as such. i have had this mod for months..so it is "old news" to me. so i didnt think about it when i posted the link.

just because a car rolls onto a dealership from the delivery truck does not mean everybody can ride in it....yet. soon? YES, but not yet.

i am not trying to be an ass here. I WANT ECS to be out in the open. i love it, i want everybody to use it. i am not flaming anyone or trying to pick a fight or create an argument. all i am stating is that if JOKER wanted it to be FULL Public knowledge, he would had posted it on his own FIRST. it MAY not be ready. use at your won risk. he wanted me to make an OFFICIAL"E.C.S. COMMERCIAL" to go along with E.C.S. release. i jumped the gun by accidentally giving the website when inquired about it with a "film test" i posted.

again, i am not trying to be offensive. AND i know there are questions about "why wasnt it .." etc etc about the dowload and site. i cant answer those. all i can say is that this is NOT ready FOR RELEASE. until he releases it. play as much as you want, but until he comes forward....there will be issues, that wont/cant be fixed.

PLAY IT! TEST IT!, BUT GIVE CREDIT where it is DUE. (RSS JOKER) but issues MAY or MAY NOT be fixed anytime soon.

DO NOT PLAY THE E.C.S. WITH ANY MODS..it is not intended to do so. "stock/vanilla" ARMA with ECS.