Sign in to follow this  
william1

FFN config replacement

Well after playing with this in a few missions I've noticed quite a performance hit. Just enough to make playable missions a bit choppy.

So is it possible to remove some of the features in this addon such as only specific crew can use tanks or pilots can use helicopters. Or the supression scripts?

Or maybe make it possible to edit what you want with a file you just edit.

Other then that I really like the AI enhancements makes the game feel much better especially in urban areas.

to remove the feature of only pilots boarding choppers , etc, you have to delete the entry :_this exec""\TR_OBJ\MISC\MP_Tech_*****.sqs""; in the init eventhandler of the ffn_replacement config (for every unit in the config). to remove the supression script remove the entry _this call SGM; from the fired eventhandler in the ffn_replacement config.

****** ---> can be soldier, engineer, pilot or crew

The scripts are very simple, and the Ai are very ... by the book in their new reactions, and its clearly written in the code, its not dynamic enough and the Ai don't seem to take in the enviroment and react to it.

Its great work but the SQS format and heavy amount of it could seriously wreck a dedicated server running this on many individuals, such as Evo or what not.

Also the config replacement doesnt seem to work? Simple ai squads stay the same, I could only test their new reactions via the Tr_soldiers.

Great work, definetly something to work on, but certainly not a finished product. thumbs-up.gif

When the IA fire again the player, the effect of flash hit a lot the performance, how i can remove these feature? crazy_o.gif

When the IA fire again the player, the effect of flash hit a lot the performance, how i can  remove these feature?  crazy_o.gif

I have not installed the addon so i dont know what do you mean exactly with "the effect of flash"? You mean the muzzle-flashes of the AI-rifles?

This pack sounds good but why do you have to use it as an script for the user to put in game why cant you make it as an mod with its featured in it so that you dont have to put the script for the AI in all the time?

This pack sounds good but why do you have to use it as an script for the user to put in game why cant you make it as an mod with its featured in it so that you dont have to put the script for the AI in all the time?

@1in1class

the replacement contains only few of the many features of the ffn mod ,just the more attractive , and it works without you having to put anything in the init line , besides, there are many more features in the ffn not implemented in the replacement because if i'd do so , the game would lag too much. but you can activate them by putting the proper entry in the init line of the units you want.

@1in1class

the replacement contains only few of the many features of the ffn mod ,just  the more attractive , and it works without you having to put anything in the init line , besides, there are many more features in the ffn not implemented in the replacement because if i'd do so , the game would lag too much. but you can activate them by putting the proper entry in the init line of the units you want.

Thx for the reply but you say that few of the many features of the ffn mod just the more attractive ones are in this pack and that i dont have to put anything in the init line? But also your saying But you can activate them by putting the proper entry in the init line of the units you want? So i do have to put this in the init line right? So all in all for this to work iv got to put the proper entry in the init line of each unit all the time. What i was asking if you can just make this attractive feature like an mod so it would just work on all units instead of just putting it in on unit by unit.

the ones that are included in the replacement works automatically with all units all the time , the ones that are not included in the replacement you have to activate them via init line .

Hi william1,

thx for this little mod. I like it alot especially the fact that the player can peform the movements too ... need a little bit of training but works really great.

But there is one thing.

When using the "FFN_REPLACEMENT.pbo" the TREACER effects from SIX_Sense (6thSense.eu Pack1) won't work anymore.

Would be nice if all the stuff would work together.

THX for your work.

benus

the ones that are included in the replacement works automatically with all units all the time , the ones that are not included in the replacement you have to activate them via init line .

k got it now wink_o.gif just tryed it out vary nice but for some reason the AI does not get up like the video you posted huh.gif I mean that my unit does the side step and all but when in close combat with AI they do not they just stay down.

I'd use this if it was compatible with Sickboy's Tracers. I can't do without tracers confused_o.gif

Thanks for releasing and hope the work continues on it smile_o.gif

@Benus and @ Armavidz , i got it working with Six tracers and MadMatts effects also smile_o.gif only that i use this version of six tracers: 6thSense.eu-Pack1_v0.3f with the latest i can't get it to work either icon_rolleyes.gif

Will you make this XEH compitable? Its very nice but its not compitable with more or less anything.. confused_o.gif

I notice smoke from gun fire of arma effects "seems" to not show with this installed.

I think this mod should be broken down in a bunch much like "Proper" mods for example.

Ive uninstalled for now .. but wouldn't mind parts of it, cant be arsed to rip it open.

Have anyone tried to make an Extended Eventhanlers comapatible version? Current version is disabling other addons eventhandlers :/

I have tried to erease all init and fired eventhandlers from

each unit and paste it in to Extended_init_eventhandlers and

Extended_Fired_Eventhandlers classes (for each soldier class

I have named it like: FFN_Init_SoldierXXX= "xxx"wink_o.gif, but that

doesn't work well... Dodge movements, and animations works

only for player (AI don't dodge anymore), Tank or Air

vehicles access system does not work and other Extended Eventhandlers addons also don't work...

I don't know what I have made wrong....

important news

updated to new version 1.1 XEH compatible , check first post

Hello,

Wonderfull work GREATTT smile_o.gif but i have a problem when i use your MOD with the GREAT Sprint FIX (Correct all Sprint (Double Up Push or Turbo + Up Key) animation and bug (and the problem that you MUST end your sprint annimation even if you have stop to push the TURBO + up key)) the Sprint Problem come back it's seem's your Mod is not compatible with this mod or mod that correct this problem like ECS or XAM1.4 :'(

SprintFix Mod Adress : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=219

Thx in advance Exa.

I tried it, it is really amazing.

but, we I ordered my team get it the UH-1 chopper, I got that crazy_o.gif . Anybody can tell me what is wrong!!

2336001083_881551dedb.jpg

The new version is good and definately is a big lag reduction but it is possible to get the bleeding and first aid scripts removed too, mainly becuase if I wanted that feature I would use the sixth sense one.

Other then that the new version is a big improvment on fps.

@456820

to remove the first aid feature unpbo the replacement and delete the entry "class first aid" inside the "class user actions" for each unit.

to remove the bleeding feature you will have to modify the TR_obj.pbo:

got to TR_OBJ/TAG/DMG/Hit.sqs and comment the entries :

Quote[/b] ]?_hurt > 0.09 and _dammage >= 0.5 and !(_ap hasweapon"TR_FirstBlood") and alive _ap and !(_ap hasweapon"TR_DMG_logic1"):[_ap,_bloods]exec"\TR_OBJ\TAG\DMG\Bleeding.sqs"

?_hurt > 0.09 and _dammage >= 0.7 and _ap hasweapon"TR_FirstBlood" and alive _ap and !(_ap hasweapon"TR_DMG_logic1"):[_ap,_bloods]exec"\TR_OBJ\TAG\DMG\Bleeding.sqs"

@inferno7312

i will check it