Sign in to follow this  
SHWiiNG

Random Rant thread

Ok this is a thread to allow members to basically Rant about anything. This helps stop people from making new posts everytime.

So heres my Rant for the day.

Facebook, not what it used to be.

Ok so i use facebook quite regularly (it done NOT control my life) simply to keep track of friends, where they are, what they have been up to etc.

But Since the past 5 months, facebook has become a slight annoyance to use.

The main reason are these bloomin applets or java applets, weather it be games, quizzes or whatever.

I for one am tired of coming home from work and logging onto Facebook to find i have 16 requests. Oh goodie! i wonder what's been happening.

Only to find that i have been spamed with.

What's your colour, what pirate are you, what Anime character are you?, blind date, compare film tasted, what sandwhich are you? . . . . . The list goes on.

Now im all up for socializing but i dont really care if I am red, similar to jack sparrow, alot like keitaro, going out with pamela andersson, like the same films as ms x, and apparently a cheese and pickle sandwhich.

All i want is to check whats happenning with my friends. So i need to spend time and effort just clicking Ignore over and over.

But what happens when you actually accept all these wonder of the internet world?

Boom a homepage the size of the number of zeros one the end of the figure that bush spent on the iraq war.

But all i want to see is weather they replied to a message i sent them.

So in conclusion, if facebook becoming more of an annoying web app rather then a connectivity tool for people?

Well that concludes my Rant.

Anyone want to share their views on this and any other issue?

Indeed, very true.

They should implement an "Ignore all"-button.

I use MySpace for arranging/going to gigs, Facebook for photos and both for messaging. The requests on Facebook are annoying as hell.

There is an ignore button. Its at the top but only appears IIRC when you have 25+ requests.

Bang and the grime is gone!

Facebook is fantastic for getting your identity stolen, i'm told. wink_o.gif

I'm waiting for the "What annoying Application are you?" Application.

I just let requests and pokes pile up.

Oh, and you know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You're a...You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus.

Family guy my good man, rules full stop. haha.

So what else is grinding peoples gears?