Sign in to follow this  
Solus

Extended eventhandlers

It all should be built up like this (one event handler class per kind of event handler), and be written separately from the vehicle (you see the vehicle's class as a sub-class of the event handler below). The EH-setup in MapFact Air isn't compatible with current versions of XEH.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Extended_Killed_EventHandlers

{

class MAP_AH64

{

AH64_Killed="_this exec ""\map_air\data\scripts\replacewrecks.sqs"" ";

};

};

nice... this is why the problem coming with this new version ?

now I replace the checkcrew.sqs script

with only a Hint message:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_MAP_Veh = _this select 0;

_pos_crew = _this select 1;

?(!(local _MAP_Veh)): exit;

hint "Benvenuto a bordo";

exit;

but if you are right all the EH call by map air could gone wild !

I must test it...

I ask you an help!

if I send you my config.cpp from map_air and hwm_air, can you change the old EH sintax with new XEH.

Only for ONE chopper, so I can rewrite it correct for the all, I don't want that u do the work for me, just write the correct example in both these config files, I've tryed some time ago to convert EH sintax to XEH in the HWM_air cfg but without succes, and I solved the eh incompatibility of hwm_air just placing comment in front of lines that block the other mods to works.

I don't got clear in mind how to modify the sintax, so if you are gentle and explain me, I will modify the config.cpp files.

Map_skills prevent you to use AIR Vehicles if you do not have the pilot skill ....as sickboy said.

If you use a map_pilot you have this pilot_skill.

When this skill get lost your are not be able to fly any air vehicle !

You can also disable this feature, but then you have to read the manual and disable it in skills not in map_air addon ;-)

But also you are right that map_air has its own Pilot check, but i think pilotcheck there is off at default.

hope this helps

Inko, you are right if he was trying to convert map air to XEH compatibility, but he wasnt. He was just showing off what he removed from the default map_air eh's to accomplish something.

@RubberKite; Could you please create an own thread in mission editing area? You're completely overloading this thread with off-topic stuff, KillSwitch doesn't want this thread to become the general help thread for every script out there.

These checks for MAP aircraft work on my mission on the server running the new XEH smile_o.gif tried and tested.

Map_skills prevent you to use AIR Vehicles if you do not have the pilot skill ....as sickboy said.

If you use a map_pilot you have this pilot_skill.

When this skill get lost your are not be able to fly any air vehicle !

You can also disable this feature, but then you have to read the manual and disable it in skills not in map_air addon ;-)

But also you are right that map_air has its own Pilot check, but i think pilotcheck there is off at default.

hope this helps

Thank you for try helping me

but as I said before, I don't have Map_skills is for 109 I My dedicated server use 108 and I never tested this addon.

I will when the official 1.11 comes and if the paracute drivable works fine...

I see the checkcrew.sqs and I set the varialbes in the mission init.sqf that disable the check...

This work at mission startup.

In mission progress with some respawn or other arma & addon mistery the variable that I set false, become true...

not undefined because undefined will be set false by default in the checkcrew.sqs...

The problem is in the mistery of evolution and dedi MP ambient variables operation...

To avoid this issue I disable the crewcheck function in the sqs script and replaced with a simple Hint " Welcome Pilot you are GOOD Pilot AND U CAN DRIVE THIS ";

smile_o.gif

NOW as inkompetent say, I've the worry that also other EH script calls could not work with last XEH installed.

Like FLIR, Crew rescue etc.

For armony between addons, the XEH is welcome but I'm not enought skilled to rewrite config of map air and other mod to use the XEH sintax...

this is the point banghead.gif

I already created basic guide for modifying configs to XEH, it's a few pages back.

Bug again, please stop any discussion that is not XEH related. I believe it's my fault because I started helping ppl in this thread. Now it's your turn to stop or create a new thread for all your other sorrows smile_o.gif

Inko, you are right if he was trying to convert map air to XEH compatibility, but he wasnt. He was just showing off what he removed from the default map_air eh's to accomplish something.

@RubberKite; Could you please create an own thread in mission editing area? You're completely overloading this thread with off-topic stuff, KillSwitch doesn't want this thread to become the general help thread for every script out there.

I'm Sorry, excuse me Killswitch, is not my intention overload this thread.

My initial question is if the new xeh could change something in mp variable environment that could interfer with some defined variables in the mission init.sqf.

If not the problem is not XEH and I must look solution in other place.

sorry for OT request, but I'm gone crazy..

I'm Sorry, excuse me Killswitch, is not my intention overload this thread.

My initial question is if the new xeh could change something in mp variable environment that could interfer with some defined variables in the mission init.sqf.

If not the problem is not XEH and I must look solution in other place.

I guess he won't bite your head off, but I know from own experience how annoying it can be to have all kinds of off-topic posts in your project's thread; As creater you try to read all of them, to find suggestions/problems and questions about your project.

It's ofcourse a bit annoying to have to read 22 posts, of which only 1 was useful for you, as creater :-)

Nope, XEH in itself doesn't touch any variables you define in init.sqf. (*)
Quote[/b] ]If not the problem is not XEH and I must look solution in other place.

Please don't go crazy. smile_o.gif Find a way of reliably reproducing the error, then eliminate as many other stray addons as possible and finally zero in on the actual problem. In plain english, that means "try a mission with you as a pilot and a Mapfact CH47 and only have the three MAP_Air* addons, MAP_Misc.pbo and Extended_EventHandlers.pbo loaded and see if the problem persists."

You need to find out why MAP_Pilot_only is being set to true again (if that's what happens).

Staring at the crewcheck.sqs script from MAP_Air.pbo, I can't understand why you're getting the problems you describe so I'm not sure what to tell you.

Oh, also, don't use XEH 1.5. It's broken. Use 1.7.

(*) Academically speaking, you might be silly enough to use a variable named "SLX_XEH_rmon" in your init.sqf but if you do, you should be shot for trespassing on SLX namespace property. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]I didn't dig further into the problem so I don't know why the problem occurs. When I get the time, I'll try to either make it possible to use XEH type event handlers for Static kind vehicles or determine the precise reason why it can't be done.

If it's the same problem I came across with class static in MP? Then yeah, they are now subject to a lower priority, compared to other classes when it comes to a change of state. With regards to init events, it executes on the same level as a missions init.sqf, even if it’s being launched from an addons init event.

UNN, can you explain in more detail what your problem was with static in MP. It might shed some light on the XEH with Static classes and help Killswitch figure out what the issue is or a way around it.

Nope, XEH in itself doesn't touch any variables you define in init.sqf. (*)
Quote[/b] ]If not the problem is not XEH and I must look solution in other place.

Please don't go crazy. smile_o.gif  Find a way of reliably reproducing the error, then eliminate as many other stray addons as possible and finally zero in on the actual problem.  In plain english, that means "try a mission with you as a pilot and a Mapfact CH47 and only have the three MAP_Air* addons, MAP_Misc.pbo and Extended_EventHandlers.pbo loaded and see if the problem persists."

You need to find out why MAP_Pilot_only is being set to true again (if that's what happens).

Staring at the crewcheck.sqs script from MAP_Air.pbo, I can't understand why you're getting the problems you describe so I'm not sure what to tell you.

Oh, also, don't use XEH 1.5. It's broken. Use 1.7.

(*) Academically speaking, you might be silly enough to use a variable named "SLX_XEH_rmon" in your init.sqf but if you do, you should be shot for trespassing on SLX namespace property. tounge2.gif

thank you killswitch..

Testing without addons is impossible for me, I've created an evolution mod with a lot of addons & script.

F16, F18, Ch47, Apache, RHS Unit & Vehicles, Rebus Italian Soldier & weapons, Aimpoint desert weapons UN soldier & Vehicles SIX tracer & AI Range TrueUI & ingameUI VFAI smokeshell & Equipment HWM vehicles & Huey ... and much more.... like Revive script that cause a lot of problem with evo dynamics.. and other with revive dynamics itself.. but with Alef help a lot of these problem are fixed and the mission is a a pleasure to be played...

so Is impossible for me to reproduce the error without the addons, the mission doesn't start..

The problem is random, when I start the mission all works fine, but during the mission something happens to the variables and I solved this in a simple way.

I don't need pilot skill check, because in evolution is present a rank check, so if u have required rank u can pilot apache and other vehicles that I add to the evo original script check.

So I chance the mapair checkcrew.sqs script, with a simple hint message "welcome aboard"...

and I've solved some other small problems so for this time I don't go crazy smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Now I've also download the last 1.7 version, and placed in server and clients, to avoid other problems.

My next steps are to rewrite mapair & hwmair config with xeh sintax, I try in the past but without succes, now I've learned a bit more things and second try could be the success try smile_o.gif

thank you for interest in ppl problem

banghead.gif >>>>> thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]I didn't dig further into the problem so I don't know why the problem occurs. When I get the time, I'll try to either make it possible to use XEH type event handlers for Static kind vehicles or determine the precise reason why it can't be done.

If it's the same problem I came across with class static in MP? Then yeah, they are now subject to a lower priority, compared to other classes when it comes to a change of state. With regards to init events, it executes on the same level as a missions init.sqf, even if it’s being launched from an addons init event.

UNN, can you explain in more detail what your problem was with static in MP. It might shed some light on the XEH with Static classes and help Killswitch figure out what the issue is or a way around it.

I noticed it after the patch that fixed setposing Ammo boxes e.t.c in MP. Not sure if it still applies to the latest patch, as I changed the method I was using.

If I remember correctly, when I assigned a variable to an ammo box directly from the ammo boxes config init event, the variable returned a Null Object when run in MP (can't remember if it was just JIP or both).

Only when I assign the variable after using the Sleep command from a script:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_Object=_This Select 0;

;Wait for the server

Sleep 0.001;

MYAmmoBox=_Object;

Did it start to properly assign the object to the variable.

I also noticed that, static objects in MP, seemed to take a few seconds more to update when changing things like position. Compared to other classes.

Hi

I don't know if it was already mentionned but, is there a way to hide all the writings that the Extended Eventhandlers does while playing? Just asking because in MP it is annoying, sometimes I miss some comments from teammates because of this.

Let me know

Thanks in advance

XEH itself doesn't print anything. This could be some third-party addon that makes use of the extended eventhandler system that's doing it. What exactly is being printed?

he prolly runs one of sickboy's or mine or etc 'debug' versions

btw. Killswitch SB got some 'ingenius' idea for XEH, check pm/email smile_o.gif

Does XEH no longer come with a fix for using the GMJ SightAdjustment mod? I downloaded the latest version and there is nothing in there but a pbo and key. I'm asking because using this, sightadjustment, and the wind deflection mods together seems to result in some problems with all the addons that rely on XEH? Maybe I've got some totally unrelated problem, but the original question here still stands wink_o.gif

Does XEH no longer come with a fix for using the GMJ SightAdjustment mod?  I downloaded the latest version and there is nothing in there but a pbo and key.  I'm asking because using this, sightadjustment, and the wind deflection mods together seems to result in some problems with all the addons that rely on XEH?  Maybe I've got some totally unrelated problem, but the original question here still stands wink_o.gif

There should be a lot more than just "a pbo and key" in the XEH distribution archive. Here you go: Extended_Eventhandlers17.zip

NoBrainer:  XEH 1.7 works fine with 1.14 as far as I can tell.

EDIT: Fixed the URL to the 1.7 zip archive.

Does XEH no longer come with a fix for using the GMJ SightAdjustment mod?  I downloaded the latest version and there is nothing in there but a pbo and key.  I'm asking because using this, sightadjustment, and the wind deflection mods together seems to result in some problems with all the addons that rely on XEH?  Maybe I've got some totally unrelated problem, but the original question here still stands wink_o.gif

There should be a lot more than just "a pbo and key" in the XEH distribution archive. Here you go: Extended_EventHandlers17.zip

NoBrainer:  XEH 1.7 works fine with 1.14 as far as I can tell.

When i try the link it says "Page cannot be Found"

When i try the link it says "Page cannot be Found"

Oops - I've corrected the link now.

Been reading but the whole subject matter is hurtung my brain ... must be Sunday wink_o.gif

Should be a basic question ....

I'm an addon maker. What should I add (if anything) to my addon to help XEH compatability?

Thx!

Gnat @ June 29 2008,06:10)]Been reading but the whole subject matter is hurtung my brain ... must be Sunday wink_o.gif

Should be a basic question ....

I'm an addon maker. What should I add (if anything) to my addon to help XEH compatability?

Thx!

Write the event handlers the XEH way. Compare how the event handler for any XEH-using addon looks and how they look on the biki (i.e. default event handler) and you'll see the difference in procedure. It's just about how you write your event handler class ^^

Hi!

I noticed that XEH addon adds a new line to the action menu which says "Hide"... It appears there all the time when player is on foot, when I get into the vehicle it dissapears... If I use it it may as well dissapear for a while... Is this the way it should be? How can I just get rid of it? Thanks.

Hi!

I noticed that XEH addon adds a new line to the action menu which says "Hide"... It appears there all the time when player is on foot, when I get into the vehicle it dissapears... If I use it it may as well dissapear for a while... Is this the way it should be? How can I just get rid of it? Thanks.

The XEH addon itself does not add anything to the action menu. However, it's possible that you're using a mod or an addon that makes use of the functionality in XEH to add such an action menu item to the player. Find the mod or specific addon that does it and remove it and the problem is solved.

EDIT: One such addon is the DMHide addon.