Mirror:Armaholic, thanks big!

Quarantine V.2.5 (mirrior please!wink_o.gif

Optional Extra:

Quarantine ambient music addon (optional) - 42.8 MB

Old:

V2.4 HOTFIX

Required Addons:

Yomies zombies

RH pistol pack or Also heres a link from armaholic for RH AKs + pistol pack (only pistol pack needed for the mission)

OLD:V2.3 Mission Link:

V.2.3 on rapidshare

Quote[/b] ]The local inhabitants have been infected by an unknown pathogen, driving the infected into a murderous rampage. With outbreaks all around the world NATO and most of the world's nations have not got the manpower to spare to retake such a small remote island. What little military presence there is, is keeping the border and remote military base locked down with all of South Sahrani quarantined.

With the complete collapse of the armed forces and a skeleton crew of NATO soldiers keeping the border and the military base defended the Sahrani government has called out for mercenaries to fight the infected and rescue any survivors. The government is paying $50 for every infected eliminated and $2000 for each rescued civilian. Losing your home and everything you own in the evacuation from the south you decide to answer the call to arms!

See Notes for instructions.

Special Thanks to:

ofpforum

PROTOTYPE 001

Spooner for SPON_Money+core scripts and help

-eutf-Myke for Coop Essential Pack

Killswitch for bug fixing help and correcting typos.

Doolittle for dynamic time and weather.

5133p39 for Yomies addon

Every one at BI and OFPEC forums

BIS for an excellent game.

Mission Created by D.Murphy Man of BI and OFPEC forums.

A.K.A. Shell Shock.

Change log:

Version 1.1

FIXED Lagging caused by the spawns repeating over and over

FIXED Typos

CHANGED outpost layout

ADDED zombies now get deleted after outpost is over run

ADDED read me

UPDATED briefing now with hyper links + extra info

ADDED hosts can now set weather and time of day at beginning of game

FIXED Markers should now follow players after death

FIXED (hopefully) vehicles randomly disappearing when players are driving them

Version 2 (yea i know i skiped a few versions 1.5 was meant to be DAC conversion but i didn't release it since i wasn't happy with it)

ADDED-dynamic weather and time, 2 hours = 1 day

ADDED-now Yomie zombies are used, they will follow you over bridges, into buildings and up ladders. No where is safe to hide.

ADDED-survivors are no randomly armed with a weapon to protect them selves

ADDED-Hosts and admins can now choose veiw distance, and starting bank account in the lobby before game starts.

ADDED-Sirens now sound when the M2 guns at the boarder or military base spot and shoot at zombies. Just for atmosphere.

FIXED-zombies now attack survivors.

FIXED-survivors now follow orders and follow the player

FIXED-survivors now disembark vehicles when being 'saved' at refugee camp/evac pad and then deleted (before they would still be inside a vehicle after being 'saved'wink_o.gif

FIXED-All the damn lag, hopefully.

FIXED-civs and vehicles no longer give kill bonuses

FIXED-Brought URALS no longer full to brim with ammo and equipment that could be sold for profit.

FIXED-occasional debugging errors

CHANGED-vehicles are now placed all over the island from the beginning, no more random spawning of vehicles as you enter a town or city.(gives more incentive to buy vehicles as the abandon ones in cities soon run out)

CHANGED-new spawning system. Now more reliable and stable.

REMOVED-Outposts around the military base have been removed due to problems with yomies. Maybe return in future updates in some form or another.

REMOVED-KAOS Zombies are no longer used. and thus not needed to play this version.

Version 2.1

Quarantine V2.1

FIXED-Zombies drying up after hour + play time, Zombies should now never run out.

FIXED-tt33 not showing in shop menu

FIXED-unable to sell M4AIM

FIXED-M2s guarding the border and military base no longer run out of ammo.

CHANGED-Body removal script. Bodys no longer all removed after 1 minute. Bodies now maximum number of 10 bodies aloud to stay before first body is deleted.

ADDED- ammo crates with weapons and military 4x4's with m2's in secret locations that have 50/50 chance of being present each game start.

V2.2

NEW-Secure area missions. Players can now choose to do randomly generated 'Secure area' missions around the entire quarantine zone for 5000 reward.

NEW-Convoys, now players can restock and rearm the military base by driving a convoy truck from the border to the base. Now when the base looses a gunner, or an M2 runs out of ammo players can do something about it and earn money at same time. 500 Reward for a delivery +1000 for each M2 needing ammo or +2000 for each gunner needed to replace losses. Check the status of the base and reward on offer on the map.

UPDATED-Instructions in the briefing now better presented and easier to navigate.

FIXED-Survivors drying up/not deleting properly when players leave a zone

FIXED-Not being able to sell certain weapons at the gun smuggler

V2.3

*NOW REQUIRES ARMA 1.08+*

FIXED-Sycning in MP with markers, secure area missions, etc... *SHOULD NOW BE 100% PLAYABLE IN MP*

FIXED-AI not firing over sand bag walls (AI fix in latest ARMA patches)

FIXED-Friendly AI shooting each other and you due to negative ratings

FIXED-Entering a vehicle whiles in a Secure area mission causing the mission to fail.*STILL DO NOT GET A REWARD IF MISSION IS COMPLETED WHILE IN VEHICLE.*

FIXED-Strange bugs when JIP'ing.

FIXED-Not all players being able to 'rescue' survivors.

ADDED-All vehicles found in the quarantine zone now have random amounts of fuel as well as damage.

ADDED-Fines of 2000 for any player that kills a friendly AI guards.

V.2.4

ADDED:Radiation fallout

ADDED:Medkits and anti rads (m203 flare red & white)

ADDED:Find crash site mission

ADDED:Randomised ammo crates in buildings

FIXED:Syncing of rewards for completeing missions

FIXED:Zombies drying up (again)

FIXED:Getting negative rating when running down zombies

FIXED:Disconected players are now removed when they disconnect. When some JIPs into that slot they respawn afresh ath refugee camp like normal.

UPDATED:Breifing explaining all new features

CHANGED:Secure area mission is now Eliminate infected mission, reward based on how many infected you have to eliminate.

FIXED/CHANGED/UPDATED:a few other small bits and peices iv forgotten about and not worth mentioning.

V2.4 HOTFIX

FIXED:Base falling to easily/zombies spawning within the base.

FIXED(Hopefully):Some players not being able to see the action to 'Browse Shop'

FIXED:Side chat being spamed with "Bleh" when accesing some shops.

FIXED:Some problems with detecting when a players in/out of a fallout zone

ADDED:Geiger counter sounds when your in a fallout area.(Thanks to Ravenholme for sounds)

V.2.5 (mirrior please!wink_o.gif

FIXED:Players not being rewarded when completeing a mission if there inside a vehicle

FIXED:Radiation LOW zones now much larger, giving you a chance to take action before entering medium/high zones.

FIXED:Geiger counter sounds, again.

FIXED:Players not being rewarded for zombie kills if shooting them with vehicle mounted weapons.

FIXED:Survivours randomly being deleted from your group

FIXED:Eliminate # of infected mission not counting reliably zombies being killed in area

FIXED:Using Medkits would take away antirads

FIXED:No longer go into a 'heal' animation when using medkits or antirads if you do not have any left.

FIXED:Soldiers not remanning M2's when convoy was deliverd to mil.base.

FIXED:random ammo crates that you find in buildings not being stocked with a weapon and ammo and other weird stuff.

ADDED:Radiation now a server option.

ADDED:Land mines around military base that can be restocked via convoy.

ADDED:New "High" geiger sound - Thanks Ravenholm.

ADDED:New (Optional) ambient music - requires Quarantine_Ambient_Music.pbo addon to be installed.

ADDED:Border is now much more built up with sceneary and AI soldiers patrolling/relaxing. Now feels much more alive and immersive.

ADDED:Players can now 'Talk' to most AI soldiers in the military base and border.

ADDED:Players who kill fellow players within the border zone will be sentanced to death by firing squad.

ADDED:A small prison, players that end up here can talk to the AI convicts to pass the time.

ADDED:Players who kill friendly AI soldiers within the border zone will be sent to prison for 5 minutes.

ADDED:Players can now 'Call out' to survivours in the area. Players are then notified if they hear any survivours in the distance,close, or very close. Survivours that are very close will try to make there way to the player.

ADDED:You can now purchase Mercenaires, your group limit is 5 max.

ADDED:Zombies now have a random chance of hitting you to the ground.

ADDED:You can now sell unwanted vehicles for a marked down price, or sell salvaged vehicles from the quarantine zone.

ADDED:A repair kit, so you can now repair your damaged vehicles.

UPDATED:Survivours now spawn INSIDE buildings, rather then in the streets.

UPDATED: Antirads now take off 20% exposure.

UPDATED:Players map markers now become less accurate and delayed longer the further the player is away from the border.

UPDATED:Zombie unit cap has been increase to around 500, (from previous 144) so i have now increase the amount of zombies that spawn in each spawn zone.

Should be fine now, not sure what happend link worked when i posted but then suddenly became all screwed up.

Ok now downloading, sounds absolutely amazing, its one of those missions that I have been waiting for

Just had a play on it and I have to say it is very FUN

Started off at the border, bought a car for 1,000 (You get given 5,000 to start off) then bought an old m1 Pistol with full clips, ventured out into the zone....

Gotta say nothing is better than crashing into a crowd of infected, gunning them down while at the same time shouting at the survivors to get into the car, and then speed off to the Military Base inside the quarantine area.

After that defended a few of the outposts and then bought an MP5 where I left the game, people for some reason couldnt join it because of a message that came up 'You dont have permission to play/edit this mission' and then the person was automatically disconnected, apart from that small problem I still had plenty of fun playing the game by myself.

My only suggestion would be regarding the Military outpost in the Q area, if all outposts fall, the Base falls right? Because of that reason I was constantly pressured to lurk near the base fighting off the odd infected that appeared, if the military base does fall, it is a huge distance to get back to the border, maybe instead of the Military Base dieing, how about you cannot buy anything from it instead? That means its still there as a 'safe' area for when people have to go AFK and also it means you have somewhere to dump your survivors and bank money.

Apart from that small concern (Didnt actually happen in my hour and a bit long game), great beta!

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the best!!!!!!!!!! I hope everyone enjoys this map and killing some Z's.

Now we can start work on part 2 whistle.gif ?

Lol I love this!. I got some ideas for next part for real tho. I'll put it in a email to you.

I hope you guys like the zombies. I have another one tho that It takes like 20-30 rounds to kill them but just one head shot. Sadly the AI will not attack them unless they have an RPG.

The reason why ppl could not connect is because they did not have the KAOS-ZOMBIES addon.

I have to try this mission when I have time!!

How is KAOS-ZOMBIES compared to Yomies? I like yomies very good and they work in MP if you do a little fix..

The KAOS ones are a bit more comp and AI friendly. They are just based off of the exellent NEM zombies. They just don't need all that other prep stuff like with Yomies. You can drop them in and they will go around looking for food and will attack everyone. I love the Yomies but they are are not plug and play. If that could be fixed I would chose Yomies over my KAOS ones. notworthy.gif

Ok. Yes, you have to define a couple of triggers to get yomies going. But then again you have bodyremoval and spawnareas for free smile_o.gif And they follow you in buildings!!

But I agree, it would sometime be nice to just drop a couple of zombies exactly where you want them.

But sorry!! Its not right to start a zombieaddon discussion... I'm just looking forward playing this mission!

Dude dont worry about it. It's what these froums are for. Ppl seem to forget that sometimes.

Just played it real quick and I'm in love with it! Might need to lower the zombie count a bit and to use more walking zombies compared to running zombies.

The interface is awsome! It's bttr imoh than the one for sanari life. I like that it lets you know about every 5min how much cash you got on you and in bank.

Weapon choices are sweet! RH pistol pack is great for this.

I have not yet looked at the scripting for this but knowing you its flawless. I might go in and add a few other weapons like swiss weapons and some villas stuff for vehicles.

All in all i rate it 100 over 100! This is gonna be bringing some people fun and head aches for a long time to come. notworthy.gif

I could release the Sahrani Virus Zombie Scripts which i compiled into a folder and made all neat just to copy and paste and you have addon free zombies that feed off you and AI attack them and they have easy to make spawn triggers...

Thanks for the feed back guys glad your all having a good time!

Quote[/b] ]My only suggestion would be regarding the Military outpost in the Q area, if all outposts fall, the Base falls right?

Well actually the main base comes under attack occasionally as well as the outposts. However for every outpost that falls, the main base will come under attack more frequently.

The way its set up means every 15 minutes an outpost or the base is attacked, chosen randomly, for every outpost that falls the spawn zone associated with that outpost is simply moved to outside the base, thus giving the base more chance of being attacked 15 minutes later. Outposts and bases are considered 'Fallen' when no one is left alive within them.

Currently i think its pretty unlikely the main base will fall within an average length play in less players them selves attack and kill every one in the base. Which is indeed a viable option considering the amount of weapons you'd gain to sell to the gun smugglers. Of course that also means players will then have to travel back to boarder for less powerful weapons and the refugee camp later on.

Quote[/b] ]I could release the Sahrani Virus Zombie Scripts which i compiled into a folder and made all neat just to copy and paste and you have addon free zombies that feed off you and AI attack them and they have easy to make spawn triggers...

I think that be a great idea for all the community so people could create there own zombie missions as well as maybe improve and build upon what you have for even better zombies.(with credits of course)

Quote[/b] ]Just played it real quick and I'm in love with it! Might need to lower the zombie count a bit and to use more walking zombies compared to running zombies.

The interface is awsome! It's bttr imoh than the one for sanari life. I like that it lets you know about every 5min how much cash you got on you and in bank.

Weapon choices are sweet! RH pistol pack is great for this.

I have not yet looked at the scripting for this but knowing you its flawless. I might go in and add a few other weapons like swiss weapons and some villas stuff for vehicles.

I only used running zombies for the mission, i feel they present more of a threat to players then walkers and also the ammount of zombies spawned is subject to change on feed back from players concerning lag and difficulty.

Also i cant take any credit for interface and money system. Thats all down to Spooner and his excellent SPON_money

I also wouldn't hold so much faith in my scripting abilities tounge2.gif most of the stuff was mainly simple editing of Coop Essentials pack, LOTS of trial and error, and a few small inefficient .sqs scripts and triggers for spawning.

Just play testing it now hosting my self online and found another bug to add to the list. Once you die and respawn the player markers no longer follows the players.

This also means the game logics (that are grouped to a west officer) is no longer following the players, i was using the gamelogics as a cheap fix to a weird problem i was having with the delete triggers.

Ever so rarely, when the player entered an empty vehicle, the not present trigger for west would activate and thus delete everything in the area even thou the player was still present in the area. So a made gamelogics grouped to an west officer to follow the players around to avoid this problem.

So just to warn you guys, it happens randomly but some times if your within a infested area surrounded by zombies and empty cars, when you enter a car, ever so rarely everything around you will get deleted suddenly, that is if you've already died and respawned.

*EDIT*

also one of the 'under attack!' markers for the military base seems to stay there even when theres no zombies present. Also zombies some times cant kill off the last soldier in an outpost because hes inside a sandbag bunker and there too stupid to be able to enter it.

I shall look into fixing these in the next version. As well as a better briefing/instructions.

I think we will test it this evening on our dedicated server. Sounds like great fun.

But i think testing it while you host a server by yourself, and you beeing the "host" is not a good idea to find bugs. Many scrpits behave differently on a Host and a Client, thats the greates problem a mission designer has to solve. Using client and serverside scripts properly.

yea thats why i released it to the public to see is everything works client and server side, i wasn't actually play testing to be fair, rather more of just messing around!

I got a few more plans mainly for the outposts for future releases, i want to know if every one is happy with there current layout (not very realistic but easy to get to from main base) or want them more spread out from the military base and more 'Out' posty. I might also include rewards for players for helping fend of attacks at outposts (if possible).

I also need to know how people feel about the current prices for every thing, whats too expensive, whats too cheap, etc.. so i can tweak it all for the best experience. At the moment i feel the prices are good, making players work for cash to afford better weapons with out it feeling like to much of a grind, but without it being too easy to get powerful weapons.

I thought the prices for the weapons was pretty much spot on and I love all the varieties of pistols and toys to chose from :P

I have not yet played this with people so most of the time I have been just speeding past crowds of zombies, stopping and dropping the crowd, getting the survivors.. and then getting the hell out.

The outposts? Would make them feel more like outposts if they were spread out more, at the moment they are within running distance of the base.. maybe do something like this

Outpost                             Main Base              Outpost

Outpost

Bad example I know, but basically just spread the outposts out so that there is one for every 'corner' of the base, would give the impression of an early warning system.

How about putting in an alarm sound when infected come within the perimeter of the base? Its fairly simple to do.

Im not nagging at all, Im just throwing out whatever input comes to mind

Best mission I have played in ages though wink_o.gif

Started the Test on our Server, but you are unable to buy anything.:( Dont know why.

And the Stats, soudlnt be displayd over the Radiotrigger, if someone had used it it will display the stats to everyone.

Ok, now we can buy.

You need to press the Action key several times near a flag. Even though there is no option in the action menu.

But in the buyingmenu the text for "Buy" and the other things is missing.

Same Thing for bank menu, no text on the Bouttons.

Ok, Found out why: Gamelanguage other than English, if you set it to english the Text in the Buymenus is there.

----

After about 1Hour Testing, i must say a great idea, but there are some bugs.

the woresd bug is the heavy lag, caused people driving over the wohle island, spawning zombies.

the second is you cant rescue normal Civillians.

Normal Civs give a 50$ Bonus when they get killed.

Yeah I noticed that, when I first joined a server they couldnt spawn anything, and were proceding to kill zombies using the guns taken from the dead soldiers (no idea how they killed the soldiers in the first place with no weapons or guns mind)

We restarted and things seemed to work fine, its scary how one moment you are feeling confident with 4 buddies and the next you are alone with a crowd chasing you.

Normal civillians couldnt seemed to be rescued, and there was so much lag I ended up quitting.

When 4 people were on, it was fine, however when we had 8 or so who were spread out all over the island it started to sting.

Ok thanks for the feedback, i'm afraid that proplems with the buy menu and systems is perhaps some bugs with SPON_Money scripts, which is by spooner. I shall report back to him with the problems after i check over everything in the mission to see if it isn't any thing done wrong on my part.

Did the 'Browse shops' action come up on the flags when you changed to english as well? or just the texts in the dialogs?

As for the lag i may have to reduce the number a zombies spawned each time a player enters an area, OR reduce the number of players. Zombies should only spawn once when a player enters, but not spawn again when another player comes into the area whiles the first player is still present. They should also (along with civs and vehicles) delete when no players are present in the area.

As for civs not being able to be rescued can you give me some more details? did the action to rescue them not show up or did it just not work when clicked? And reward for killing civs should be an easy fix, its just something i over looked.

Thanks for testing again!

I saw a civillian and sprinted over to him like I usually do, the civillian was running in a rough small circle and no actions were on whatsoever.

Nothing at all, as for the zombies spawning, I think the simple reason is that the zombies are being spawned all over the map because of the sheer amount of players and the fact that they are all spread out.

Still great fun, what about a single player or cut down varient? Make it so player 1 is 'Squad leader' so people can play it alone, while at the same time getting the firepower of more than one person

EDIT: Just one thing, what ammo does the desert eagle use? Most of the weapons have their respective ammo right above them but the 3 varients of desert eagle (Normal, silver and gold) dont have the ammo about, anyone help me out here? Thanks

7Rnd_50_AE is the ammo for the Desert eagle, all the ammo in the list is done in alphabetic order, and it uses the class names of each ammo and weapon to display the name, this is fine but some times its unclear what ammo goes for what guns when it comes to addon weapons like RH pistols when some of the class names for the ammo doesn't reflect what gun its for.

its a very fun mission so far just playing it in single player, a couple suggestions my only problem is choosing different weather options than just 24/7 fog, makes everything look bland and navigating sometimes frustrating. Shame i can't try it out in MP though because every coop server HAS to run Evo or Sahrani Life. would be awesome if someone could get a dedicated server up

Ill look into weather options, my original plan for this was to have dynamic weather and time options so it will all change as the mission goes on, however iv only briefly looked into this and it seems that it could be difficult to sync the time and weather with all clients.(any help with this would be appreciated)

As for lag solving i got 2 options, and id like to know what you guys would prefer? Either less zombies spawning in each area (could get boring and be too easy) or cut player numbers down to about 6 instead of 12? (less people to role play with)

Edit:

I just played a few sessions with people hosting the mission and there is really some awful lag, what appears to be happening is the spawn is repeatedly going off when a player is in an area. Even if its just one player in an area, the spawn just keeps spawning more and more zombies nad vehicles. Which shouldn't be the case, and doesn't happen in SP. I am no entirely sure how to solve this in less i complete tear out the current spawning system (that uses a modified coop essentials) and either make my own (lack of skill,take long time, hard) or find a new set of spawning scripts.

If any scripting pros out there that would like to take a look feel free to unpbo and take a look at my messy setup.

Also so far i havn't encountered any problems with buy menu my self apart from people failing to look at the map properly and driving to the green X's in the safe zone rather then the yellow flags at the boarder.

And i have confirmed the rescue civ bug, no idea why that doesn't work either.