Sign in to follow this  
WARFIGHTER989

What military equipment and vehicles do you want?

For me

Air support:

AH64D Longbow

F-22A

F16AM

Eurofighter

Ground pounder stuff

MARPAT

ACU

All modern camo

M468

SCAR

XM8

That's all I want

Tanks

Every Abrams to date

All EU tanks

Helicopters

Pleased by wondorful selection

I want a seaknight with a grenade launcher like on COD 4 though.

I played OFPE for a long time and it was heaven I really do miss good times.

I'm sure its all been said before, but what's the harm in saying it all again?  I'm quite sure this thread may end up closed or ignored all together anyway.

Soldier's tools:

shotguns

more than one type of LMG/GPMG for each side

the ability to actually use the bipod on that LMG/GPMG

assault rifle selection from OFP

2 more smgs/pdws/pistols

a true carl gustav/recoilless rifle

antipersonnel mines

mortars/artillery that actually work and have animations

some actual civilian weapons

A god damned knife

Soldiers themselves:

AI that works

NO superior russian conscript training that would destroy all Western capitalists(Non superhearing, full auto snipers with xray vision)

Air:

C-130 or  Eastern bloc equivalent w/paratrooper, cargo, vehicular delivery

the chinook

Huey

The god damned Hind

Perhaps a glider

vehicular airlift

Vehicular:

Previous selection of OFP vehicles

Other NATO vehicles/tanks(more variety please)

Self propelled artillery

Gepard/Tunguska AA vehicles

Open/closure of doors

No flying/bouncing tanks

50 cal vulnerablity to bmps/other light armor like in real life

Make amphibious armor actually amphibious, the stryker IS amphibious you know?

Have AI the ability to actually have the sight of an actual crewman, not have 360 supervision(a gunner can see behind his turret, see an infantryman hugging the hull, and have superzoom)

Mounted, static:

Sandbags, in a better way

A flak gun

AA missile mounts

Again artillery/mortars that work correctly

concrete pillbox

trenches

Other:

one or two naval vessels

swim with weaponry intact (seals/marines do it all the time)

fast roping, big must

a better healing system

climbing, jumping?

ability to construct more things

Resistance like campaign/system

I would say that in ArmA II you will mostly find equipment which is needed for the campaign in that game.

Things like "every abrams to date" really makes very, very little sense.

"All modern camo" hmm... this can't be a serious topic. I will abandon it now. Please don't waste our time again like this.

Baddo wrote: "'All modern camo' hmm... this can't be a serious topic. I will abandon it now. Please don't waste our time again like this."

Why not? its a simple skin that can be altered correct? Its not that hard to do, several modders have done it, and is a reasonable request. Its like asking for a new texture. Don't be so closed minded.

All modern camo

All EU tanks

Helicopters

It seems that people are forgetting, that it's supposed to be a game, not a 3D military encyclopedia.

I highly doubt it's in BIS' capabilities to model and texture every vehicle/object that has to do something with army. Please stay on Earth with your suggestions.

To me its not that important to get huge amount of stuff but get maximum authentic, functionable and usable hard gears. So I expect to see BIS stand for what they have already select to have in game and not to add anythign new. Quality over quantity. There is at least for me so much things to improve exist gears of arma like tanks interiors, customizabe rifles etc. If the game is enought good then community will make the rest as were the case in the OFP era.

alright then, simply fix ARMA, destroy all hackers, and gimme a knife then. I can live with the lack of variety than the high standard of OFP.

Better to make first addons with high quality and they should fit to storyline than to have a huge bunch of mil. equipment + bugs.

...and there should be some better investigations eg. M136 is one shot AT weapon.

Better to make first addons with high quality and they should fit to storyline than to have a huge bunch of mil. equipment + bugs.

...and there should be some better investigations eg. M136 is one shot AT weapon.

The reloadable AT4 is there to balance it with RPG.

BTW: Remember the reloadable LAWs and RPG 75 from OFP biggrin_o.gif

If there's a weapon I would like to see in ArmA 2, then it would be properly working Javelin wink_o.gif

Balanced weapons and vehicles - what a imbecility in combat simulation where realism matters. biggrin_o.gif

True wink_o.gif

I want the most usual units every army has basiacly i would like

1 US army.

1 EURO army (like the NATO in World in Conflict).

1 Russian army.

If possible 1 chinese ,i think they have mostly the same as Russia.

All I want to see are swords, knives and bayonets for had to hand combat.

BI can't create everything.  They just need to make the skeleton.  We, the community, make the flesh.

Well if BIS creates only a skeleton of a game... it's only useful for game developers then.

I find it quite funny then that real life armed forces will be using this skeleton then. I hope they get what they paid for.

All modern camo

All EU tanks

Helicopters

It seems that people are forgetting, that it's supposed to be a game, not a 3D military encyclopedia.

I highly doubt it's in BIS' capabilities to model and texture every vehicle/object that has to do something with army. Please stay on Earth with your suggestions.

It's not a game, it's a civilianised war simulator. I'am staying on earth. At least I'm trying to. Or we can add stick grenades and bunny hopping and my personal favorite power weapons(Sarcasm).

I want the most usual units every army has basiacly i would like

1 US army.

1 EURO army (like the NATO in World in Conflict).

1 Russian army.

If possible 1 chinese ,i think they have mostly the same as Russia.

I want a middle eastern terrorist group, but I have no idea how whiny some people would be about that.

I would say that in ArmA II you will mostly find equipment which is needed for the campaign in that game.

Things like "every abrams to date" really makes very, very little sense.

"All modern camo" hmm... this can't be a serious topic. I will abandon it now. Please don't waste our time again like this.

It was late when I wrote this. I think you get what I was trying to mean though. Perhaps european camos, russian, middle east, US, etc.

i dont want to mess with the "terrorists", someone might call em freedon fighters, again i ve killed them in evey game its getting boring...

i dont want to mess with the "terrorists", someone might call em freedon fighters, again i ve killed them in evey game its getting boring...

Well, what if BIS had two campaigns? Like a russian front and middle eastern front?

What if you read BIS and ArmA2 announcement first?

Quote[/b] ]Arma 2 is set in the near future, year 2009, in a fictional post soviet country called Chernarus. Players will be sent as members of a United States Marine Corps Force Recon squad to this country to prevent further civilian casualties and ensure ongoing stability there.

Better if BIS are making only some high quality models/skins and release tools with documentation+tutorial+examples. There is no need to have tribes of nice multi-skinned units fighting with gameplay and performance bugs. huh.gif

what about Ghillie suit for snipers ...

it was already asked 'many' times even for ArmA as part of 'expansion/update'

more camo nets for tactical use

also quite shocked noone mentioned OH-58 Kiowa helicopter

fit's any scenario for scouting and they still serve

plus possible replacement Bell ARH-70 is on hold (funding stopped yet research continue)

i agree with Chinook and AH64D

yet i think one of most important updates should be personal

weapon system with modifications (attach / detach GL, light, sight etc)

ofc still supporting old 'weapon' format as backward compatible

Quote[/b] ]also quite shocked noone mentioned OH-58 Kiowa helicopter

fit's any scenario for scouting and they still serve

Why did no one ask for the kiowa?  Well, the answer is the only one able to truly use radar in the game is the AI.  They can actually read the miniradar and then network their findings to every other AI like they always do.  Even then, it would be downed by a T72 or UAZ from a mile or two away.  Until things get fixed, i think a MH-6 will do.

UAV's would be an absolute great addition in the game.  Camera controls w/various viewing modes (FLIR comes to mind) sounds absolutely awesome!  I just hope that flies correctly lol.

Either way, I stress the fact that they are indeed selling an enhanced version (VBS2) as an actual armed forces combatant war fighter simulation system to several foreign countries for the low low price of $1500.  I'm finding it funny that you have to pay $50 for another skin.  I hate to say this but I'm getting depressed as I read on.