Issetea

Sahrani Life

We want to add an aim for the guilds in the next version. Do you have an idea of what they should be able to do?

Greetings

Issetea

what else will u add to the new version? I hope u make airport deliveries, so I can fly on my cargo camel over Sahrani smile_o.gif)) Cargo Camel has to cost around 50 000 then

Concerning guilds, simply destroy that area on the map, and never do silly mistakes like this again so u work twice. Listen to ur fans on forum, I was telling u that Guilds are useless loooong ago.

But u still can use guild scrip of buying points to Mayor, so Mayor can buy his political points. For example 1 human vote cost 100 000. So if you vote for ur self and I vote for my self and also pay 100 000 I win ( 1 vote for you and 2 votes for me )

But still it’s all useless for most of players since Mayor has no any respect. Make him at least prison free person so there would be a point to be mayor.

Maybe you should remove the Strela

Some cops use it to fire on offenders from 6000m, i think it destroys the gameplay for everybody

That would leave cops entirely without AA. A better solution would be to deal with the people exploiting that bug (and also to report it to BI).

guilds should be able to talk to each other in group channel (green).

so if u biuld a guild (gang) u can talk to eachother in privicy.

that should be also possible as a cop, so u can form groups they work together.

so u have a better structur because of little groups, and the side (blue) and main channel (white) is less used to talk ingame wink_o.gif

if u can implement that guild (groups) that would be perfect !!

evolution has that build a group feature and u can than talk to eachother in the new created channel.

may like this.

greetz

yea the guild randown mission are the priority and the group channel to smile_o.gif

we need more order in the von and the paid for the random mission will be big to all members smile_o.gif

Yes, but on the otherside it would also prevent some players to destroy everything that flies (like a mh6 which is expensive). I let Issetea choose but the strela ruins the game (it is possible to destroy a chopper with a mg if needed and it would incitate players to play together in order to catch dealers).

Another thing which is less complicated : civs and cops should be able to get sniper rifles. Shooting someone from a great distance isn't easy, even for the cops. For instance, some cops are corrupted : they take that kind of weapons from a smuggler and avoid to catch him. It would be better to have the possibility to buy that type of weapon. The game isn't even right now ; cops should have the possibility to intervene.

Last but not least : many players told me that the respawn system should be fixed. For example, when a cop had to defend himself and shoot several offenders, if he dies later, he'll have a long time to wait, as if he was in jail. It would be a nice thing to set a unique time before respawn.

Fewo and me finally decided to open an official Forum for Sahrani Life and other Projects me may work on in the future.

We will also have a small scripting forum.

You can reach the forum at issetea.de

If enough people are interested in the official forum, we will continue working on SL and get a new HP and a Server for it.

Greetings

Issetea and Fewo

edit:

I just want to say that we don't let the community down. Fewo and me are always reading suggestions and try to include all of them. We are working on the map FOR the community and spend a lot of time on it and we even don't have much time to play our own mission, because we try to include the communities suggestions.

hello all

I suggest to add or move some Divelery, Workpleace, Shops, Factory's etc. to west side of Sahrani.

Then ppl from west side of Sahrani with their resorcess can rival with oponent's side of sahrani.

- Then Sahrani need two Gubernators (Mayor's) West & East.

- Two independent capital City.

- New West group of Gangsters

- Possible to make own gang.

- One Police in Sahrani (near Corozol?)

I think thats be cool...

GM...plz think over my suggestion.

hello all

I suggest to add or move some Divelery, Workpleace, Shops, Factory's etc. to west side of Sahrani.

Then ppl from west side of Sahrani with their resorcess can rival with oponent's side of sahrani.

I think thats be cool...

let them create playable at least on side of the island

hello all

I think thats be cool...

I dont like the ideas...

Those are bad ideas simply because 32 players isn't enough to fill out both sides of Sahrani (or even just one side in many cases). Also the police are stretched enough most of the time as-is.

the guild members need respawn in the guild HQ, the old respawn system is not good the coops or crazy civs always bomb the hospital or snipe the sector of the hospital

One question: if you leave AI on for the player slots, can the player join-in-progress (JIP) and still have all variable (such as money) present?

We never tested with leaving AI on for the player slots so I think that most of the scripts would not work anymore. Leaving the AI on would just make some AI units stand around. Theoretically, the variables would stay, but many scripts would crash when it comes to checking if a player is ingame or not.

Anyway, I'll just inform you guys about the Sahrani Life 1.26 progress now smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

- fixed: Taxi mission - civ does not run away

- fixed: starving message appears again

- changed: vehicles now only despawn when the player who bought it disconnected

- added: Guilds form groups

- changed: workers do not disappear when the player dies

- added: grenades for M203 in cop base

- added: player can choose a button for the saytext

Quote[/b] ]If we want to have a server (Good one... 100 euros per month) we need more players.

good mission - more players ...

Quote[/b] ]- added: Guilds form groups

silly stuff - less players smile_o.gif)))

But I like the idea if the creators of the mission will have their own server with standard rules.

Alright this is going to be a long post but I'm going to go through with it.

As anyone can tell by looking at the first date of the opening of the thread Sahrani Life was created November 7th. It was a wonderful map and quickly gained a small following. Soon several servers started opening up with it. It grew to have a small following and Issetea and Fewo were developing it with may bug fixes and some major patches happening. Life was good.

On December 19th 2007 the Sahrani Life forum was created. It became the focal point of a lost community as it was during this period that Issetea and Fewo abandoned development. Many new personalities came up on this forum and it became the new home of SL. Issetea ignored the forum doing whatever it was he happened to do. This new forum grew and with it came modifications by fans of the game. What were they supposed to do when it seemed Issetea had abandoned the community? These people did a good job and there was fun again. Sometime in January or February Issetea joined the forum. He posted very few times, a total of less than 25 posts. (I don't recall the exact figure.) Eventually Issetea and Fewo began to work on SL some more and everybody was happy.

Fast forward to now. Issetea decides he wants to make his own forum and server. This comes days after the original forum has announced plans for its own server. Issetea creates his own forum. Why he does this now is unknown. Could it not be supposed if he really cared about the community he might have created his own forum somewhere in the Month and a Half between the creation of the original forum and the creation of his map?

Issetea becomes arrogant and snotty. First he refuses to develop unless people side with "him." http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4525/000003pq3.jpg - Large image

After that he attempts to hack into the original forum by taking over the owner's account. Finally he is banned. Well of course he is banned. He clearly violated the server rules. He attempted to hack into someone's account. Lets note that the first time he was banned he was quickly unbanned as it was seen as a mistake. The second incident was after the picture above.

So in short what happened is:

Nov 7th 2007 - Map created

Dec 19th 2007 - Original Forum created

January - February - Development halted

Early May - Issetea creates his own forums because he wants control of the community

Early May - Issetea is banned and unbanned within a day

Mid May - Issetea refuses to develop SL unless people side with "him

Mid May - Issetea attempts to hack into the creator of the original forums

Mid May - Issetea is banned from the SL forums forever (account delete)

So there you go. You can tell where I am on this point but those are the facts. Decide for yourself. Are you going to be bullied into joining a forum for some pissy 17 year old? I sure am not.

I would rather either A: Create my own mission, or B: Edit the current version of SL.

And B: is what is going to happen.

But honestly decide for youself. Hell I dare Issetea to make a response to me. Go for it Issetea. See if you can defend yourself. And here you can't delete posts you don't like.

We created the forum in order to make an official Forum for SL players after we were told by gc that he will use is forum for other gametypes and missions, too. I do not want control over the community - we just gave people an official place where they can post their suggestions and problems concerning the mission we made for the community. As said on the official forum, we continue working on the mission and 1.26 may be released in 1-2 weeks including the following features:

- fixed: Taxi mission - civ does not run away

- fixed: starving message appears again

- changed: vehicles now only despawn when the player who bought it disconnected

- added: Guilds form groups

- changed: workers do not disappear when the player dies

- added: grenades for M203 in cop base

- added: player can choose a button for the saytext

tbh I have enough of the endless discussion and wrong accusations - Fewo and me finally made an official Forum for Sl players. We do not force anyone to join any forum. It is a forum for the mission we worked more than 1 year for - for the community. Anyway now it is too late and we have two different forums and we have to live with that.

Yeh, the disrespect of Issetea trying to hack into the admin account of Sl.com has really rocked the community at large, as I think we all agree you weren't trying to hack in for a laugh, but to probably delete the forum posts and topics.

To be honest, since I supported you and your new forum in all this change, im really shocked at these actions of a mod creator. huh.gif

That is pretty messed up what i just saw in that screen shot, After all that the people at Sahrani-Life.com did for this mission, from January-May keeping it alive Making edits to the map, making new ideas, while the orginial maker of the mission was AWOL somewhere, the people at that site, and im sure a couple of other sites, like the CAF clan basically kept it alive.

Now the orginial people are out from the woodwork in March, they come to Sahrani-life.com, get almost all of there beta testers from that site, probably alot of their ideas, suggestion, bug reports for the mission, and all the people get is a slap in the face, by saying that i will not continue to make new versions unless more people join my site, thats rediculous, thats a nice slap in the face for the people that care the most about this mission and kept it alive when you dissapeared, thanks alot issetea

Yeh, the disrespect of Issetea trying to hack into the admin account of Sl.com has really rocked the community at large, as I think we all agree you weren't trying to hack in for a laugh, but to probably delete the forum posts and topics.

To be honest, since I supported you and your new forum in all this change, im really shocked at these actions of a mod creator. huh.gif

Yep, after that what u did Issetea im not with you anymore. How childish and stupid can you be?

How utterly, utterly bizarre.

Well if everyone hates Sahrani Life So much come visit GOL Clan SahraniVille and the lastest progress etc.. (The original Arma Role Playing Map With Addons)

Well if everyone hates Sahrani Life So much come visit GOL Clan SahraniVille and the lastest progress etc.. (The original Arma Role Playing Map With Addons)

Lol nice advertising moron, but we dont want SahraniVille. Iss just some laggy bullshit. And dont call it original cuz it aint rofl, you cant say what is original and whats not so stfu