Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution (Red+Blue)

We have had major f*cking problems with the "anti-satchel" script added in the latest version.

Excluding issue that satchels dissappearing when you die which takes all the fun out of the gameplay the biggest problems is that sometimes the radio towers just chew upp ALL satchels you place, no matter what you do. This gets very frustrating when you're trying to secure a town.

Hopefully this will be fixed in later versions as this still is a fun mission that gets played a lot.

Having played Evo throughout it's Evolution, Evo Blue has the POTENTIAL to be the best version yet.

The spawning reinforcements ruin it in my opinion. Spawn em a couple of clicks away and send em in convoy to the town...say larger groups at an interval of random 10 to 30 minutes.

I also watched 3 squads of troops and a BRDM respawn outside the SW corner of Cayo right before my eyes as I was landing a littlebird. Yep... there were humans and AI in the circle when it happened. It really destroyed any sense of reality. I had no problems with the HALO...except the location of the release point maybe  tounge2.gif

All in all, great work so far. Just get some kind of realistic reinforcements scheme if ya can.

Thanks for all your work sir.

Ive played this version a bit now here and there and have made some fixes to smooth things out.

1. Reinforcements bugs fixed.

2. AI squadmates disappear when they should.

3. New halo anims.

4. Enemy is more defensive.

5. Enemy manned MG guns.

You can download version 2 of red and blue from the first post. Theres no QG version 2 yet.

Should the changes you have made maybe fix the memory errors we saw?

Thanks KJ!

I have Evo Blue and Evo Red running on two servers now.

I know all my friends over at simhq.com will appreciate the adjusted mission files.

Thanks again.

We in SWEC will try this one to...

We run ArmA on LINUX server

might be the problem with the

missions.

Seems as the scripts starts over and after

some reconnections it works..

KilJoy have you read my posts?

Im feeling somekind of ignored here..

Fk Andersson in over 8 months of testing evolution I have never heard of any of your problems before. I cant test on the linux dedicated server as i don't have a Linux box. If you restart evolution on a windows box dedicated there can often be problems tho I advise not using the #restart or #reassign command and instead use only #missions to restart and reselect the mission from the list. In detail, there is no way you can not earn a score for killing enemy in any game mode unless your side has become (side enemy) from TK'ing your red on the map in this case. I do not edit the destruction effect of target training in any way. Maybe you would be better posting in the Linux beta server thread if there is one. (needs a pass the buck Smiliey) whistle.gif

@ Nov. 01 2007,08:40)]...If you restart evolution on a windows box dedicated there can often be problems tho I advise not using the #restart or #reassign command and instead use only #missions to restart and reselect the mission from the list...

Wow!  That is a big nugget KilJoy.  Thanks for sharing!  Upon reflection I too have sometimes noticed problems right after restarting Evo with #restart and #reassign but never put 2 and 2 together.  I will be sure only to restart from #missions from now on.

Gonna take care of some business today and get deeply involved with Evo Blue later on. Very interested to check it out.

Thanks KilJoy. notworthy.gif

how the hell do you open the HALO chutes!!!!!! ive tryed clicking on everything but still i plumet to my death lol

how the hell do you open the HALO chutes!!!!!! ive tryed clicking on everything but still i plumet to my death lol

Just press 'esc' key! Just do it high enough off the ground or you will still die, seems like 120 - 250 is good, depending on your current rate of descent.

Big thanks to Kiljoy for all your work on this mission, I dread to think how many hours you have put in to it!

Encountered a few bugs today.

First bug was, I captured 3 soldiers and drove them in the back of my Stryker to inside the pow camp. I then got the message that I captured a POW and he was removed from my group (as he should be). But the problem arose when I realised that a pow was still in the back of the stryker, and I had jumped out of the driver's seat. With no way to order them out, the Stryker was stuck there forever - since with pows in a vehicle you cannot enter it.

Second bug was, I entered a game and selected an Engineer role - but I appeared to have an AI squad leader. I had no idea where he was or why he was alive, but he was running the squad for this engineer slot, meaning I couldn't access the radio menu etc. I had to change slots to fix that.

That is odd Deady. They should be removed from the game if they have no human leader now. If it happens again you can open my squad and click Leave squad to fix it and make a new squad for yourself.

Deadeye just create a new group for yourself in the vehicle group menu that should break existing group.

edit lol to late

Today I captured an officer and flew him back to the pow camp, before i could order him inside it said "your prisoner is trying to escape" - and he made a dash for it towards the US base (not the best way to run but nm).

The problem is, once he tries to escape he can't be recaptured. The option is not there.

Any idea about why it bugs out on a linuxserver? I guess it's a linuxdedicated problem.... huh.gif

We had some serious problems on a Linuxserver

but yesterday it seemed to work. Dont ask me

why or how...We have no idea...

Both Blue and Red worked...

Got to talk to the serveradmin...

this is a brilliant mission i was just wondering are u going to bring

out a version that maybe uses some addons such as the hind or

the av8 with napalm and maybe some of the nice weapons people

have released like the swiss army mod would give player more

options smile_o.gif

If someone has quotes in their name " " " " " " (those things) it screws up the array of scores (or the string, I can't actually work out what you do with them) hence if you leave and come back your score is not saved.

This seems like a game issue though, shouldn't the scripting language replace " with something like &quo to avoid these kind of issues?

Also people joining the game as "player" therefore it ends up blank.

Should be ban on people that use "player" and maybe even "user" too lazy to create a profile

I have played quite a bit lately (thank you much KilJoy!!!wink_o.gif

Excellent mission!

Is there more instructions? (I am pretty new to Evolution)

What are the advantages for each class?

What does a sniper get for extras? (should get double points for his kills or something)

I make highest rank using engineer which I don't see realistic

Medic should be able to walk up to people and heal rather than other way around

I have some more comments I may post at some point, once I gather my thoughts, lol

this is a brilliant mission i was just wondering are u going to bring

out a version that maybe uses some addons such as the hind or

the av8 with napalm and maybe some of the nice weapons people

have released like the swiss army mod would give player more

options  smile_o.gif

A specific version of Evolution Blue V2 exist for Switzerland-Mod : SWM Evolution Blue (with authorisation of author of course). with all our weapons, soldiers, swiss army ranks, vehicles and a few enhancements. Check our official site for more informations.

Hello,

As I am a real big fan of Evolution since I first played it, my clan server runs it in circle ! inlove.gif

But i know there can still can be some bugs. I wanted to report some I noticed, I hope they all are not already reported yet !

> Its seems that the Javelin missile never hits the aimed targets ! I used it on another missions and it hits the targets aimed each and every time. But not on Evolution ! It seems like it falls a few meters behind the aimed target.

> We play Evolution - Blue V2 now, and it seems that some radio messages are messed up. When you bring the captured officier, or another prisonner, to the POW camp it sometimes writes on screen that the radio tower has been destroyed.

> I never had the message nor the 10 points earning for the fallen radio tower of Cayo. In Dolores and Obregan I never managed to destroy it even though I set a few 4 or 5 satchel charges for each !! crazy_o.gif

But I noticed, even I was not able to destroy it, one of my mate managed with only one satchel charge. Just like I was not allowed to do that objective.

But no reproaches at all it is a great job, and we always managed to finish it (except once the server crashed in Eponia but I think it was a CPU limitation due to our hosting machine).

Thanks for that great mission KilJoy. I hope my reports will help you fix some bugs.

[MCF] server specs :

Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.00 GHz

2 GB Ram

nVidia Quadro FX 3000 - 256 MB AGP 8x

Windows XP OS

Dedicated ArmA Server

Evolution Blue V2 - 24 hour mode - MH-6 Respawn