Sign in to follow this  
AimPoint

AimPoint Desert Weapons 1.3

HO-LEE-COW!!! :D

Thanks so much for this, Aimpoint! :D

Wow, black weapons too. I was soo waiting for this. Thanks man.

EDIT: Question removed. Its was ignored by the author.

Edited by bravo 6

Hi, there's something "weird" with the Eotech and the Aimpoint glass texture, some times

make difficult to see what's on the other side depending on the light conditions, the shadows

and the graphic settings, i guess; it looks like this:

Againist the sun:

Aimpoint_DW_Bug.jpg

Sun at the left:

Aimpoint_DW_Bug_01.jpg

Againist the sun:

Aimpoint_DW_Bug_02.jpg

Under the shadow:

Aimpoint_DW_Bug_03.jpg

It also affect the brightness of the Eotech's and Aimpoint's dot and cross, things like the

buildings shadows or the palms shadows, if you look at a zone under the shadow then

booth things stop shining, also if you look at certain sides of buildings even when they're

not casting a shadow.

But the new anims are great, same as the new camo texture and the black ones; which

look much better than the BIS stock weapons and look more real. Let's C ya

Not that i have any practical experience, but isn't that probably more realistic than 20-20 perfect sights in all conditions?

Hi, i don't think so, the reflex sights are made to adquire and shoot faster than with iron

sights, they lose their point if you are unable do it because you can't recognize or see what's

a target and what not; now with the Eotech and Aimpoint glass textures like that... you

can't see what's on the other side of the glass. This may be also a problem with the Nvidia

graphic cards... seems that they make the transparent textures less transparent than the

ATI cards, and i've a Nvidia 8800GTS; so that could make those textures worst than how

they realy should, but for me rightnow those glass textures make the Eotech and Aimpoint

scoped weapons on booth (Black and Camo) weapons useless. Let's C ya

A bit weird indeed must say!,I never notice such effects ,I'm with ATI..well I will check and fix eventually.

thanks for report.

Hi, i repeat, the packs are really pimp rightnow, the only bad point is that one of the glass

textures.

ArmA_104.jpg

But they look great and are more scary (and realistic) with the animated parts, really pimp;

they're a must have. Let's C ya

So is the replacement file incompatible with SLX + ECS? Only some of the weapons are being replaced in my game.

So is the replacement file incompatible with SLX + ECS? Only some of the weapons are being replaced in my game.

Your main problem would be SLX, as it uses it's own weapon models (Based on vanilla ArmA weapons, just with various tweaks) which are overriding vanilla ArmA ones.

and great work on the packs, AimPoint! The black weapon textures look a little low quality-ish on places, but it's not THAT noticable really. New desert camo looks freaking good, and thanks for animating the weaps!

Edited by Cole

Your main problem would be SLX, as it uses it's own weapon models (Based on vanilla ArmA weapons, just with various tweaks) which are overriding vanilla ArmA ones.

and great work on the packs, AimPoint! The black weapon textures look a little low quality-ish on places, but it's not THAT noticable really. New desert camo looks freaking good, and thanks for animating the weaps!

Damn, well that's a shame these are some awesome weapons. :)

Is there some way I can load the AMP weapons first so they override the SLX weapons?

Edited by shaBAM!

In your Arma shortcut try to load the folder where you put the weapons after the SLX.

Example

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=SLX -mod=Your Weapons Folder Name.

The last folder loaded shoud overwrite the previous one ingame..if I remember correctly!

Hope it help.

Hi nikita.

When and if I will buy Arma2..maybe!!

hello AimPoint!

would you consider to give permission people for a basic port?

EricM was quite happy how the cooperation under the flag of the Community Made Addon

turned out. More infos here and here.

Cheers :)

If I use this with ACE, will this have ACE ballistics?

Never tested, but yes I guess.

@kju

Thanks I will think about. :)

btw sorry for late replay.