DPM New Zealand Troops by Plasman

Quote[/b] ]

DPM NEW ZEALAND TROOPS. By Plasman

Version 1.0

-----------------------------

1/ Description :

New Zealand Troops in DPM uniforms.

2/ Installation :

Just unzip the NewZealandDPM.pbo and vil_aug.pbo files into the Addons folder of ArmA (or your custom addons folder).

3/ The New Zealand Troops can be found in the editor under : BLUEFOR - New Zealand_DPM

4/ Available Soldiers :

SAS Trooper (armed with M4AIM)

Rifleman (armed Steyr AUG A1)

Grenadier (armed with Steyr AUG A3 GL)

AutoRifleman (armed with M249/Minimi)

Medic (armed with Steyr AUG A1)

Squad Leader (armed Steyr AUG Short)

Rifleman (with Desert DPM fatigues and DPM flack vest and webbing, armed with Steyr AUG A1)

5/ Release notes:

Thanks to Vilas for his stupendous Steyr AUG addon smile_o.gif

Thanks to the people who helped me with their precious advices and thanks of course for your past and future feedbacks/comments.

6/ Required Addon : Requires Vilas' vil_aug.pbo addon (included).

7/ Disclaimer:

This addon is not an official BIS addon and is distributed without any warranty, so use it (in whole or in part) entirely at your own risk.

This addon is a freeware and shall not be distributed/used (in whole or in part) for any commercial purpose.

This addon may only be re-distributed in its entirety, complete with this "ReadMe" document.

Enjoy,

Plasman

- Available at :

http://files.filefront.com//;8257466;;/

Mirrors :

*ArmedAssault.info Mirror :

http://www.armedassault.info/

(Thanks da rat smile_o.gif)

*Armaholic Mirror

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1809

(Thanks Foxhound smile_o.gif)

*BIS.4Players

Mirror from BIS.4Players

(Thanks Imutep smile_o.gif)

*Virtual Maori Army Mirror:

http://www.businesspcs.co.nz/xoops/modules/news/

(thanks trinder1 smile_o.gif)

*Armed Assault Zone Mirror:

http://www.armed-assault-zone.com/news.php?readmore=419

(thanks jammydodger smile_o.gif)

----

Screenshots:

Rifleman

58cf7t21.jpg

You'll notice helmet covers have different cammo patterns

8w2iub91.jpg

SAS Trooper

6r8imaaf.jpg

---

- Sources and useful links :

NZ Army website:

http://www.army.mil.nz/

NZ Army wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_Army

---

- Shameless plug : For those who might have missed them, Kiwis in Desert DPM fatigues are available HERE

Edit (18 Dec 07):

Quote[/b] ]

By popular demand Version 1.01 is now available.

There is no change on the uniforms' textures. I just modified the config to make my addon compatible with AAW's awesome SteyrF88 addon. You can consider this version as a place holder until I update the troops with improved textures, non interceptor flack vest and wound textures.

Release date : "when it's ready wink_o.gif"

Until then I hope you folks down under and elsewhere will enjoy the addon.

Download link:

http://files.filefront.com/NZ+DPM+....fo.html

Indded excellent job on the camo, looks very well done, especially the green DPM

Thanks vm mates. Coming fm the author of the stupendous Russian Marines and Paratroopers I really appreciate smile_o.gif

Hi bud first time chat & will say these newzealand troops are totally amazing, now guys if i would have use the u.s.a. helmet for my soldiers they would have looked more like the newzealand troops & not btrish forces, so i just kept them to boonies for now as we use them hehe .

well thats ok maybe when the modding tools come out, something can be done.

But any ways realy sweet work i like them lots

Very nice work indeed! Good skills mate. D/L'n now.

BTW, I'm guessing that you are a kiwi. Am I right?

alext223 wrote:

Quote[/b] ]

Nice job wink_o.gif

But no AT, AA, Machine Gunner?

Well, they might eventually come with an update (one day). But I didn’t want to make the file too big unnecessarily, the M240 (MAG) can be added to the autorifleman in the editor, same thing for the AA and AT weapons - the NZA uses the Javelin and the Carl Gustav (not modelized in the game). The weapon which is definitely missing however is the Accuracy International AW sniper rifle. I suggest you use the AWM from ShadowNX/Skaven's (must have) Russian Troops mod if you need to add a sniper rifle to your squad.

alext223 wrote

Quote[/b] ]

Very nice work indeed! Good skills mate. D/L'n now.

BTW, I'm guessing that you are a kiwi. Am I right?

Wrong guess mate, try again biggrin_o.gif

These troops look bloody brilliant. Need some proper British troops now though hint hint :P

Need some proper British troops now though hint hint :P

And we don't? tounge2.gif

and yeah these do look nice! yay.gif

Hey Plasman

You are a legend here in Auckland we have setup a website with all the News of your work. We are a Clan called VMA Virtual Maori Army and we run a server here in Auckland. We will definetly be using your Addons on our server. The NZ OFP community have been waiting for years for a decent Arma/OFP NZ Army addon. Thankyou on behalf of the New Zealand Armed Assault community.

VMA

Fantastic work. Arma gets beter with every new day. I just kant weite too tools be relesed. U guys make the perfect addons with out them, and with the proper tools well how nows maybe the bis will stey with out the work.

Maybe thets way the tools r ent out yet.

Like I sead fantastic work.

Just keep the good work.

Thanks guys for all these nice feedbacks smile_o.gif

I fixed the screenshots of this thread (some of them were partly garbled)

I'm currently working on version 1.1. which will include (by popular demand) a machinegunner and a AT Soldier and maybe a sniper (using ShadowNX/Skaven’s AWM once it is released).

Maybe it will go unnoticed (well not anymore I hope:D) but I’ll will try to add some variety to the fatigues cammo patterns (in real life no camouflaged fatigue has exactly the same pattern) as well as helmet covers’.

New screenshots of the work in progress :

cnpz9v6e.jpg

18dzbosk.jpg

hoyrjryb.jpg

Looks awesome mate - please keep it up! wink_o.gif

Stew

New Zealand DPM Troops

Hi Plasman we have been wanting to use your addon on our servers in New Zealand. The problem is that the model appears to be overdetailed or have to higher polygon count. Would it be possible to get this improved so the troops run smoother on Arma with less framing.

There camo looks like that of the dutch army with some modifications and a diemaco addon it would look dutch thumbs-up.gif

maybe an idea plasman ? lol

Yes these models are excellent-The New Zealand DPM pattern is very similar to alot of Nato uniforms. Do the Netherlands wear PASGT helmets also?

looking good, except the colours arnt quite right for NZ DPM, it looks like your using the british DPM, here is a photo of NZ DPM;

newzealand05.jpg

wn06031242.jpg

UK Jacket DPM

uk_dpm94_pattern.jpg

Dutch Jacket DPM

netherlands_pattern.jpg

They both look simular but arnt..

Atm im working with SFF on making som dutch commandos, all this will be in a new tropic.

This tropic is abt DPM New Zealand Troops by Plasman so lets get back on tropic befor this goes too far away.

Well, the main difference is a yellow/brownish tone which will certainly turn to greyish when exposed to sun/dust/multiple washings: that's why I applied a bit of saturation in the first place.

The DPM that Plasman used is excellent as the New Zealand Army has several different DPM Patterns. It is based on the British Army Model as New Zealand was once a colony of the British Empire.

As a fellow member of a commonwealth country I'm aware of that, just trying to give constructive criticism, if it isn't wanted let me know.

In the mean time here are some pics of NZ troops in 2006 in Timor-Leste.

nzdpmtl3.jpg

nzdpmtl1.jpg

nzdpmtl.jpg