Evolution V3.0

evo.jpg

Mission Name: Evolution Version 3.0

Game mode: MP: Coop 1-30

Addon's required: None

Respawn: Base

description: Air Land and Sea combat.

Features:

- A rank system based off the players score that unlocks vehicles and weapons as the player gains higher ranks.

- Automatic vehicle servicing anywhere in the base area (Airport)

- Dynamic groups, players can join other players groups while in the game.

- Recruited AI, players can recruit AI units if they are leaders and have a high enough rank.

- Side missions there are multiple random generated side missions that leaders can pick from.

- Scores for everything, you get scores for completing main objectives, secondary objectives, side missions transporting and repairing!!

- The mission remembers you , so if you disconnect and come back later your score and rank is remembered.

- Missile Cam for hellfires GBU bombs and stingers.

- Incoming missile warning sound for all aircraft. (local host)

- Optional 4 hour day mode.

- Synced time for all clients and jip players.

- Dynamic Weather System

3.0 16.june.2007 - Revisison

--Improvements

1. Added A-10

2. Added Engineer class (repairs for points)

3. Engineers and medics can build FARP and MASH centers earning points to the owner if they are used.

4. New recruitment menu and radio command. (thank you Dr.Eyeball)

5. New select mission radio command.

6. New 500 lives server option, when 500 west lives are lost the mission is failed.

7. Added POW camp and prisoner sub objectives to citys.

8. Randomized radio tower city objective placements.

9. New randomized civilian parked car generator system.

10. New Docks.

11. All farps and base repair rearm and refule every type of vehicle.

12. New missions Air Combat Patrol and Defence.

13. A City under siege will call in reinforcments from the next town, Until the radio tower is destroyed.

Plus countless bug fixes/optimizations.

At this point id like to say that this version of evolution would not be possible were it not for the guys at the Suicide Squad server. For nearly the last 2 months solid they have hosted test versions of evolution at there own expense. I don't think anyone should have to be the only people to have to fund the development of evolution with cash for everyone else to enjoy so I think it would be a nice gesture if some of the community helped cover these server costs. If you feel you would like to give something back click this link go to the bottom of the page and click the paypal button.

Mirriors

1. www.armaholic.com : EvolutionV3.0.zip

Nice surprise,downloading:)

Thanks for all your hard work and time we evolution players know you have put into improving this mission over the last few months.

Realy do appreciate the time and effort it must take to work on this night after night...fantastic job.

Look forward to having a play test online soon!

BiGGiBs.

Looking forward to the new revisions.. loaded onto the TG servers.

a big thanks for this awesome peace of work yay.gif

Mission is up and runnig on our server

=FoW=|Forces-of-War

cu all

Great work dude. By far my favorite addition:

Quote[/b] ]13. A City under siege will call in reinforcments from the next town, Until the radio tower is destroyed.

The mission is uploaded on the 1/7BN USMC Server if anyone is looking for a place to play this masterpiece biggrin_o.gif.

nice work kiljoy, as usual.. can't wait to check the new/improved stuff out... pistols.gif

But I just have to ask, how come you jumped from v1.5x (testing versions for 1.08) straight to v3.0 and skipped the whole v2.0 branch? icon_rolleyes.gif

---

some people thought it would be funny to release versions 1.6 and 2.0, I want to avoid confusion with these other versions.

ahh.. ic xmas_o.gif

*** dem those un-pbo-ing "script kiddies" and their unofficial releases of other peoples work! band.gif

I'm drooling. notworthy.gif

edit: i must hump you. Err, i mean have your babies.

@ June 17 2007,10:58)]2. Added Engineer class (repairs for points)

Could you please point me in the direction of the script that does this. I could use it in a great many missions of my own and have never come across a working example.

edit:

Quote[/b] ]9. New randomized civilian parked car generator system.

after further inspection this script would be useful too.

engineer & medic farps are the best! Any1 know how or where to lower rank requirements? Wanna play this at a LAN but don't have the time to play that long of a game

13. A City under siege will call in reinforcments from the next town, Until the radio tower is destroyed.

Woot! Cant wait to see this in action...uploading to server.

Thanks KilJoy!

Base layout is trivial, really. IMHO. We *definately* need more fuel/repair trucks and spread out. The KA eats them all for lunch, and on a regular basis.

What this mission *really* needs bad is Norrin's Revive-Respawn script.

I was so against that stuff before I saw and used it in Norrin's system, and would LOVE it in Evolution - even if it cost me a point to get revivied or something similar.

I've come back to Evolution 1 day and I'm already tired of having to drop those 2 damn grenades, reweapon and re-gun over and over and over and over and over and over.

Besides, people whine all the time about co-op not really being played co-op, and trust me, there's not a map or script on the planet that encourages co-op like Norrin's Revive script.

For the future I would love an option to turn off Cobras, Harriers and A-10s.

On several occations I have found it really boring, taking the last cities when you have skilled Cobra pilots/gunners just taking everything out.

For the future I would love an option to turn off Cobras, Harriers and A-10s.

On several occations I have found it really boring, taking the last cities when you have skilled Cobra pilots/gunners just taking everything out.

How about adding Tuffer AA defencesystems in the last 2

-4 citys.

Like AA missiles or more shilkas, AA inf and on and on...

All I can say is "Amazing"!!!

Put it up on the 1-8th server last night, and played as an Engineer. What you did for the Medic and Engineer is amazing. Added another element of fun to the mission.

It played smooth, and no real lag issues.

What are the future plans if any? I would not mind seeing a version were we played as OPFOR instead.

Also you have some great scripts, I hope you would consider releasing to the community as templates.

So I hope you consider releasing these as individual templates

- Rank System and what vehicles you can use per rank

- Dialog for View Distance

- Base Repair

- Medic / Engineer

Thanks for putting this out. It has added a great deal to ArmA. Bohemia should send you a thank you card. biggrin_o.gif

2 crashes to desktop on seprate servers as soon as I go into iron sights view goodnight.gif

going back for another attempt, but it seems this crash to desktop has black listed me on the SES and BEF servers! if there are either of their admins around, any chance of being re-instated? hopefully its not a community wide black list! help.gif

EDIT: make that 4 crashes to desktop, the last 2 were not from iron sights though, the 3rd was the gear screen at the ammo box the 4th was dsync getting into a blackhawk.

sorry Kiljoy, but looks like I'll be one of the few left on 1.5a.

I agree with satexas69, Norrins revive/respawn encourages teamwork more than run and gun or lonewolf/rambo tactics. I think it is needed in this mission and would compliment it even more. so?