Sign in to follow this  
Gigan

SCUD - Nuclear Explosion

It also nukes all the FPS at the same time.. huh.gif

Yeah, I've often got a hugh drop in fps (from 50 to 2.. 3 fps) for a second or so..especially when the shockwave has to destroy many things at once. And I refused to lower some settings wink_o.gif

When I don't capture it, the lag is smaller and more 'acceptable'..

I'm very impressed, great work!  ..my cpu is 'less' happy when a massive shockwave flies around tounge2.gif

a clip with some detonations I've made..

Nice long vid in various situations. thumbs-up.gif

Another quick video...

I wasn't too pleased with the first one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YKW8RncRgo4

Nice vid. Luminescence strengthens(00:39) is wonderful.  smile_o.gif

Only thing I dont like about the nuke is that it's a bit small for a nuclear weapon, I reckon it should be able to destroy at least the whole of Paraiso in one go, I know it's probably really hard to do without raping a PC further, but just my opinion.

I think the strenght is pretty much good, I was able to destroy Paraiso with one nuke :/ some houses were left, but not many, and everything in the valley died.

What I'd like to see is a bigger "smoke-shockwave" (in other words, smoke that travels abit slower along the ground in a circle around the explosion, so you can hide in some sort of shelter and watch it come closer, like a sandstorm or something, and that the smoke after the explosion lasts muuuuuuch longer, the smoke doesn't seem to cause lag for me at all so, it would be nice,

Hi !

Congrats for the addon !

I've done several tests, and from what I've noticed, it seems that there's a differential resistance among the types of building.

The blast doesn't affect few structures, and VERY surprisingly, I found a town immune to the bomb : Dolores (especially East Dolores)

Pretty strange...

smile_o.gif

Can somebody please post a script example I can paste in the init box so the scud fires from east coast to a west coast city at a particular time would love to start off a misson where a city is nuked 5 mins into the game.

Fantastic addon with V8 patch I'm a happy man with ArmA at last.

Can somebody please post a script example I can paste in the init box so the scud fires from east coast to a west coast city at a particular time would love to start off a misson where a city is nuked 5 mins into the game.

Fantastic addon with V8 patch I'm a happy man with ArmA at last.

I dont think Ai can launch it by themselves...

all in the readme to simulate a launch

*Stand missile.

[this] exec "\GIG_Scud\stand.sqs"

*Laid missile.

[this] exec "\GIG_Scud\laid.sqs"

*Launch mssile.

[this] exec "\GIG_Scud\launch.sqs"

*Reammo missile.

[this] exec "\GIG_Scud\reammo.sqs"

*Fall missile to specified position. [X-Pos,Y-Pos]

[2500,3000] exec "\GIG_Scud\fall.sqs"

*Nuclear explosion to specified position. [X-Pos,Y-Pos]

[2500,3000] exec "\GIG_Scud\exp.sqs"

*Nuclear explosion(Only visual effect) to specified position. [X-Pos,Y-Pos]

[2500,3000] exec "\GIG_Scud\expnod.sqs"

Alright folks, need some help.

I've been playing OFP since it came out and now have moved to ArmA and this kind of addon is amazing to enhance gameplay.

But...

Not all of us are naturals at "scripts" and such. I've scoured the forums and docs by Merciless Creations, Syniper, etc and I cannot find HOW you return the [x,y] coordinates to designate the location of detonation.

To those of you to whom all scripting and programing comes easy I ask for your mercy and a couple of lines on HOW IN THE WORLD you do that.

Thanks!

Till someone who actually knows answers, fire a scud at a your target manually, and write down the co-ords. tounge2.gif

Just incase you're desperate.

Did that, firing manually and using the scripts work fine its just finding the x,y coordinates that's frustrating. wink_o.gif

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Ubi:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">coords = [((getPos player) select 0),((getPos player) select 1)];

Substitute player with name of an object/unit. Have fun nuking wink_o.gif

Wow. This would create an instant 'Twilight 2000' setting, niiiiice. thumbs-up.gif

Thanks HulkingUnicorn, that's exactly what I needed. I tried a variation of that found earlier in these posts that just didn't work.

Scrub-- Twilight 2000! Now there's a blast from the past (pun intended.)

Did that, firing manually and using the scripts work fine its just finding the x,y coordinates that's frustrating.  wink_o.gif

banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif

an other way to find coordinate :

creat a mission and build a marker where u want, when u creat a marker you need writing a name, save your mission and open in you mission folder the "mission.sqm" file whith your favorite texte editor, and use this shot cut "ctrl+F" to open the finder and write again your marker name, in this class u'll seen "some thing like that "position[]={6764.800293,111.896637,6284.799805};" for the position

6764.800293 = x

111.896637 = z

6284.799805 = y

i hope that help you smile_o.gif

and sory for my frenglish  crazy_o.gif

Awesome!! The blasts seem to get more powerful each time....the first few I was fairly close and did not get killed by the blast, and the town I was targeting was only partly destroyed. After a few times, I had to move a lot further away to keep from getting fried, and the town was leveled.

Cool add on though, I can see building a mission where you have to get to the Scud and destroy it before the bad guys have time to launch it. Thanks for the work on it!!!

MD

Realy nice....now i got a new idea for my next SF-mission thumbs-up.gif

Thanks a lot

guys i added the scud but it didnt work for somereason. what would the problem be banghead.gif

Sitting on the driver's sheet of SCUD, then please execute "Launch Operation" from the command menu. wink_o.gif

Has anybody managed to get this working on MP so the explosion created shows on all clients?

Is it a case of getting the server to execute the script instead of the clients or instructing all the clients to run the script when the server instructs?

TODO to improve SCUD is the following now. icon_rolleyes.gif

*)Target specification by grid code.

Because I do not know whether the script command that treats the grid code exists, it is necessary to investigate this.

If it doesn't exist, I will have to make the lexical analysis processing by the script.

*)Launching instruction to AI SCUD by radio command

I do not understand whether to achieve it until it starts making.

*)Two or more warheads

There are three kinds of scheduled warheads. Conventional warhead to which power is weak. Present nuclear warhead. Nuclear warhead whose power is stronger than present warhead.

*)Change in explosion processing

To cancel the frieze when exploding, I might greatly change the explosion method.

It is a method of causing a big explosion in the ground zero now. The method being examined by me is a method of expanding a small explosion from the ground zero to surroundings.

If it is the method, the frieze might be able to be canceled because it seems to be able to distribute the timing of the fall of a building.

*)Launching operation by Dialog Interface

I will change to do the launching operation from the control room at the center of the body in the future though the launching operation is done from the driver seat now.

In that case, the target specification and the launching button pressing, etc. can be done from the Dialog Interface.

*)It certainly uses it with MP.

Is there a person who tested this mission that gL33k made?

http://rapidshare.com/files/37487118/nuked.Sara.pbo.html

I seem to make for that if there is no problem in operation by MP and there not to be changed necessity. smile_o.gif

*)Flexible change in range of explosion and mushroom cloud size according to coefficient

It seems to take time to do this until completing because it seems to have to repeat the correction and the test. Priority is low. tounge2.gif

*)The damage part of the body is accurately set.

Because it is a rough setting now.

*)Making of damage texture

Because it is not now.

*)Reform of model and texture

Finally, I aim at the quality equal with ArmA default vehicles.

TODO to improve SCUD is the following now. icon_rolleyes.gif

*)Target specification by grid code.

Because I do not know whether the script command that treats the grid code exists, it is necessary to investigate this.

If it doesn't exist, I will have to make the lexical analysis processing by the script.

*)Launching instruction to AI SCUD by radio command

I do not understand whether to achieve it until it starts making.

*)Two or more warheads

There are three kinds of scheduled warheads. Conventional warhead to which power is weak. Present nuclear warhead. Nuclear warhead whose power is stronger than present warhead.

*)Change in explosion processing

To cancel the frieze when exploding, I might greatly change the explosion method.

It is a method of causing a big explosion in the ground zero now. The method being examined by me is a method of expanding a small explosion from the ground zero to surroundings.

If it is the method, the frieze might be able to be canceled because it seems to be able to distribute the timing of the fall of a building.

*)Launching operation by Dialog Interface

I will change to do the launching operation from the control room at the center of the body in the future though the launching operation is done from the driver seat now.

In that case, the target specification and the launching button pressing, etc. can be done from the Dialog Interface.

*)It certainly uses it with MP.

Is there a person who tested this mission that gL33k made?

http://rapidshare.com/files/37487118/nuked.Sara.pbo.html

I seem to make for that if there is no problem in operation by MP and there not to be changed necessity. smile_o.gif

*)Flexible change in range of explosion and mushroom cloud size according to coefficient

It seems to take time to do this until completing because it seems to have to repeat the correction and the test. Priority is low. tounge2.gif

*)The damage part of the body is accurately set.

Because it is a rough setting now.

*)Making of damage texture

Because it is not now.

*)Reform of model and texture

Finally, I aim at the quality equal with ArmA default vehicles.

@Gigan,

It seems that you forgot one thing that might be interesting too :

introducing radioactivity injuries for a moment in the area (dunno, like 15 or 20 minutes, but not centuries like in real life).

Just a thought.

smile_o.gif