Sign in to follow this  
bxbx

1st  MLOD from ARMA ODOL v40 - M16A4.P3D

Nice work Synide, thanks for the public release of the core models, though the teture and material paths on the majority of them are borked and simple point to "edinys.paa" which I just realised is your name backwards...[major_disappointment] huh.gif

it's hard to retexture mlod models huh.gif but there is a way now to edit arma models.

big thanks synide smile_o.gif

you dont have to retexture anything. The uv´s are still there just put on the correct textures with the "Face Propertys" Menu.

Since there are some other models converted to MLOD than just the sample models:

Is there any chance to get the civil Ural as MLOD? Would like to edit it a little bit wink_o.gif

hi guys can, is there MLOD of the M4 SD? if not can some one make it pls whistle.gif

hello all

is there's a way to have more weapons ? (like M4SPR, M24, M107, G36s...) biggrin_o.gif

also i have reworked SF US mlod and i got it to work in my arma with all textures and materials smile_o.gif you just need to redone texture path then redone selections in model. they misses capital letters wink_o.gif

Ey Synide, is the FTP still on now are have you put it off for good? I hope you still keep it on at those hours you have it on, heh, I've just figured out I need a model.

Also, did you perhaps also change one of the civs in shorts into MLOD? If not, could that be my request pretty please?

I have made private request for few additional building model MLOD's for Synide, if he would be so awesome and create those, I could then re-pack all the released MLOD's and RPT files and upload them to some accessible/24hrs download link.

Even if Synide cant/wont do those requests, I could still upload all the stuff at the moment in my posession. What I mean is; dont worry I have all the models and can happily share them.

Any success with mass LOD's  ?

...only the 'total mass'... the mass per vertex is not available. And, therefore the distribution of mass around the model and where BIS modelers have tweaked the Center Of Gravity too is not available.

I have a small request, i'm working on an ambulance hmmwv and I wouldl ike the MLOD version of the M113 ambulance from the game so I can use it for my interior.

hello there. I was hoping to make a Stryker with a Mobile Gun System on it (search google Stryker MGS), so i would really appreciate it if you could make an mlod version of any one of the strykers. If i succeed, we might even try and make a whole fleet of strykers, ranging from the Medical Stryker to Strykers with 120mm mortars (COC style) etc.

Quote[/b] ]hope this doesnt end like p3dedit..

I agree although they dont seem to be bothering if some one is doing it manuly?

which puts alot of strain on one guy, speeking of which.

great work! but err could some one decode the opfor grenader? please. smile_o.gif id like to add some custom Face Armor i found for the Soviet SSh-60 type helmate.

kinda like the u.s face armour used in Iraq, but its one part & has better protection of the neck.

Any of the OPFOR models would do realy, as longs they have helmet.

hello

if you have queen's gambit, can you convert blufor mercenaries and opfor mercenaries ? please smile_o.gifinlove.gif

very big thanks for this useful work notworthy.gif

MLODs_by_Synide how do i get them to show the textures and make them work with the stock textures???

say for the Blackhawk and Littlebird MH6 i need to make them read the textures that are ment for the models any way to make that work??? in the 02 modeller it shows no textures in the textures part for the models wow_o.gif

Simply re-path the textures to the original textures. The UV Coordinates are intact, the faces just need the texture paths adding.

Simply re-path the textures to the original textures. The UV Coordinates are intact, the faces just need the texture paths adding.

Right, but as for example the UH60MG is using two or more (cant remeber) textures... how do we differentiate which texture goes to which parts of the model?

If it would be to replace synide.paa with bis\something.paa it would be easy.

Right, but as for example the UH60MG is using two or more (cant remeber) textures... how do we differentiate which texture goes to which parts of the model?

If it would be to replace synide.paa with bis\something.paa it would be easy.

Best bet is select the whole model and apply the general model texture (e.g. the main UH60 texture) then find the faces that look weird (i.e. the faces that don't use that texture) then find the texture that matches those faces, select them and apply the correct texture. Its pain-staking work, especially with the number of LODS involved in some of the models, but at the moment its necessary.

texture and material mappings per face are now available...

mass per vert. in Geo LOD is not available...

manual intervention is still required in most cases...

if you can ever get the named selection weights for the unit models figured out... oh man... smile_o.gif

if you can ever get the named selection weights for the unit models figured out... oh man... smile_o.gif

hey Ebud,

could you clarify for me please... are you referring to the mass/weight per vertex in the Geometry LOD which therefore creates the models Center of Gravity?

Or, are you referring to some other sort of 'weight map'?

If you are referring to the first then atm the moment this is not available.

However, as a stop gap measure the models Total Mass is placed in the Geometry LOD and it is split evenly between all vertices in the LOD.

This is of course not correct.

What is also available is the point that should be the models CofG (Center of Gravity).

So, atm an additional point is being created in the GeometryLOD and it is being given a Named Selection of "CenterOfMass".

This point is of course not part of the original model.

You would then have to tweak the mass values for each vert. in the Geometry LOD until you get the BLUE-X to match up with the "CenterOfMass" point.

Then you could remove this extra point or leave it there - 'sup to you really.

"Center of Mass" or "Center of Gravity" if not done properly mostly affects vehicles and aircraft handling characteristics in-game. (just ask RockofSL..)

Most evident in Aircraft - if you don't at least attempt to modify the apportioned values in the the GeomteryLOD to get the BLUE-X to match up with this 'CenterOfMass' selection point then you're wizzy planes handling will be very strange i'd say...

Not so evident if left in the modified state as in these mlods, in character models... but quite easy for someone to copy over from BISoldier.p3d the 'Mass per Vertex' values... so, characters shouldn't be a problem.

Essentially, you have to play with these values if you want to produce a quality Addon, imo - irrespective of whether you are creating a model from scratch or using the above...