Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Evolution - Single Player

When i closed in on Dolores, the info "Dolores is free of enemy's" came without a fight. Only three Shilkas where around, one of them empty.

The strange thing is, in Cayo where that much enemy`s, that they could have been supported by all troops from Dolores. huh.gif

I also get a very short error message, something with "sidechat" and another one, from an script that should place the pilot in an spy chopper.

I used version 011.1 and had started a new mission.

Another problem is, that hostages get shot when i left my AI teammates alone with them to organize a transport.

When i came near the home base, with an helicopter full of hostages i was shut down by own forces.

I tried it a second time, set the troops to hold fire mode, but they attacked my chopper again. confused_o.gif

Can someone tell me how to see my score? The "i" key doesn't work the way it does in Evo MP.

What kind of vehicle did you put them in?

Just the other night I was transporting back about 10 POWs in a truck, and had lots of AI team mates standing around. But they didn't have a problem with that.

Perhaps if you put them into vehicles that have weapons (either in storage or on-board), the POWs are then considered armed, and that's why they got shot.

P.S. <moderator hat on>You can edit your previous posts. So if you have something to add or to correct, just open the existing one and edit that, rather than posting two in a row</moderator hat off> wink_o.gif

I put them into a 5-ton truck covered with no weapons.. Last night they all were shot before I got them into anything. Not sure exactly how that happened. They all dissappeared from my commnad list too, yet some were definitely still alive, and the capture option was not available for them.

I will try the new version tonight. Great job so far trying to do the conversion.

Regards

Gnrnr

There's a phone in the ammo crates, what is it used for?

It would be nice if it called in an artillery or air strike. wink_o.gif

I put them into a 5-ton truck covered with no weapons.. Last night they all were shot before I got them into anything. Not sure exactly how that happened. They all dissappeared from my commnad list too, yet some were definitely still alive, and the capture option was not available for them.

Prisoners will run away if you're too far away from them.

They will then become enemies again.

Is that perhaps what happened?

If you allow a prisoner to have a gun they will leave your group and kill west units again. Unless Kronzky changed that.

@ June 30 2007,13:19)]If you allow a prisoner to have a gun they will leave your group and kill west units again. Unless Kronzky changed that.

No. I didn't change the weapons' feature.

I only added a distance check. (Right now the player has to be within 100 meters of the POW, or he will "desert". In the next version it can also be a friendly AI.)

I'm also working on changing the city spawning/culling, so that enemy units are only culled when you enter a new city. As long as you only deal with one particular city all Eastern unit will stay as they are, no matter how far away you are (or for how long).

I'm also working on changing the city spawning/culling, so that enemy units are only culled when you enter a new city. As long as you only deal with one particular city all Eastern unit will stay as they are, no matter how far away you are (or for how long).

Afaik that was exactly case with earlier evolution MP version, until new patch fixed the issue with createvehicle and allowed despawning to work. biggrin_o.gif

GREAT Add-on! Being a SP only guy, this really makes ArmA shine. Quick question, it says that the machine gunner should be able to be recruited by default. Since I suck, I really need help. But I can't seem to recruit anybody as a Pvt. And (since I suck) there's little chance of my succeeding on my own. Am I screwing something up?

GREAT Add-on! Being a SP only guy, this really makes ArmA shine. Quick question, it says that the machine gunner should be able to be recruited by default. Since I suck, I really need help. But I can't seem to recruit anybody as a Pvt. And (since I suck) there's little chance of my succeeding on my own. Am I screwing something up?

By "default" doesn't mean right from the start, but once you can recruit units (when you've reached your first rank, at 5,000 points), you can then also recruit a machine-gunner (in addition to the AT-soldier or medic).

I added that option since you could easily equip any of the other AI units with a machine gun anyway, so this is just saving you a bit of hassle of having them change their equipment.

As far as the respawning is concerned - that has to be handled quite different from the MP version, since there you could theoretically have multiple cities active at the same time. Something you don't really have to worry about too much in SP.

In SP, on the other hand, you will often leave the city (to go back to the base), and when you return it's just nicer to find it in the same state as when you left it (that way you can actually execute that "cunning plan" you had when you quickly went back to the base to get supplies to reinforcements).

Thanks for this very nice mission. smile_o.gif I just made lieutenant, and I'm playing the 0.10 version (must clear the first town before I upgrade). But where is the UH60 MG? Also, didn't see UH60 FFAR anywhere in the home base. Everything else seems to be there.

edit: looks like I made a mistake, the one on the field is UH60 FFAR, the ones missing are UH60 and UH60 MG.

I put them into a 5-ton truck covered with no weapons..  Last night they all were shot before I got them into anything.  Not sure exactly how that happened.  They all dissappeared from my commnad list too, yet some were definitely still alive, and the capture option was not available for them.

Prisoners will run away if you're too far away from them.

They will then become enemies again.

Is that perhaps what happened?

Kronzky,

[/Quote] I think I was more than 100metres away when I got my ai to capture them. I added this later

I'm now beginning to think thet the AI issue with losing the captured units occurs when I try to hold more than 12 units in total.  ie I have 8 ai and then capture 5 enemy.  After about 1 or 2 minutes all captured units dissappear from the command bar at the bottom of the screen.  I even lost one of my own units tonight.  Not sure if they killed each other though, both just dissappeared.

I put a captured unit into the RACS shuttle helo, and it became an enemy helo unit that I could not get other units to enter, even after he got out (doesn't appear on the menu to enable entering, even when I got into it).

This was with the v0.11.1 version from last night

Well done on this mod.

Regards

Gnrnr

I have the same problems with captured units.

Another big problem is, that three towns did not had any enemy's inside.

Dolores, Ortego and Corazol where freed without any fight.

There where only a few Shilkas around, and again one of them empty, with full fuel and ammo loadout.

Could it be, that the system that allow us to enter codes for free towns confuses ArmA, or an script from the mission?

By "default" doesn't mean right from the start, but once you can recruit units (when you've reached your first rank, at 5,000 points), you can then also recruit a machine-gunner (in addition to the AT-soldier or medic).

I added that option since you could easily equip any of the other AI units with a machine gun anyway, so this is just saving you a bit of hassle of having them change their equipment.

As far as the respawning is concerned - that has to be handled quite different from the MP version, since there you could theoretically have multiple cities active at the same time. Something you don't really have to worry about too much in SP.

In SP, on the other hand, you will often leave the city (to go back to the base), and when you return it's just nicer to find it in the same state as when you left it (that way you can actually execute that "cunning plan" you had when you quickly went back to the base to get supplies to reinforcements).

Oh...okay. I understand now...thanks for the response. I guess I'd better practice some more then. smile_o.gif

I get the following message near every town:

'...];

_spy flyInHeight 200;

(units _pilot |#|select 1) assignAsDriver _heli;

(units ...'

Error Nullteiler

I`ll see if i can reproduce other error messages.

The Stryker Mk19 only rearms to 48 rounds, not 48x3 when servicing at the base.

The Vulcan does not rearm at all?

not sure if it's a bug or a feature, Infantry/tanks only spawns when you are at ground-level near a city?

The Shilkas seems to spawn when the game loads, but when flying around over a town there does not seem to be any t-72:s, bmp:s, brdm:s, uaz:s or infantry (except for a general or whatever they are), until you exit the chopper or come close with a ground vehicle.

**Edit

also when capturing enemy and placing them in a vehicle (i've tried 5t truck, the shuttle and a uh60 ffar), i am unable to enter the vehicle myself. i figured i could park something big in the middle of town and run around capturing all the remaining enemy, but that did not really work.

This mission is killing my PC crazy_o.gif

I don't no why but when I play in your SP version for the first time I must use FLUSH option... grass is not loading, and after 1h of play I've got problems with models of vechicles (usualy game crash after that). I try to make screenshoot later. Also soldiers are not spawn after cleared 2 cities... only armory vechicles like shilkas, tanks, brdms, etc.

I'm big fan of MP evo, that problems never happen there.

my pc:

XP2.5 / GF6800ULTRA / 1.75 GigaRam / Audigy

I know that is just a begining of your job, and thank You for that notworthy.gif

*I see new ver smile_o.gif I'm starting right now to test this one :P

This mission is killing my PC  crazy_o.gif

I don't no why but when I play in your SP version for the first time I must use FLUSH option... grass is not loading, and after 1h of play I've got problems with models of vechicles (usualy game crash after that). I try to make screenshoot later. Also soldiers are not spawn after cleared 2 cities... only armory vechicles like shilkas, tanks, brdms, etc.

I'm big fan of MP evo, that problems never happen there.

my pc:

XP2.5 / GF6800ULTRA / 1.75 GigaRam / Audigy

I know that is just a begining of your job, and thank You for that notworthy.gif

*I see new ver smile_o.gif I'm starting right now to test this one :P

What is the FLUSH option ofwhich you speak?

regards

Gnrnr

Goodaye,

I'm having the same problem. Love the mission but it's causing a big lag on the magic box even though I can normally run ARMA at a pretty high levels.

(Dual Core / 1G RAM / Geo6800 512 MB)

One other, probably pretty obvious, question. Is there any way to change your weapon when you first start out other than using captured equipement looted from the dead?

Cheers,

Plugger

What is the FLUSH option ofwhich you speak?

Hold [Left Shift] down and then press the [Numpad - (minus)] button. Then let go and type FLUSH.

It helps when ArmA is loosing performances.

I think the grass is disabled by script, but i`m nut sure.

In every version of Evolution SP i had no grass all over the island.

It`s most probably removed to reduce lag, and make Evolution run properly.

Quote[/b] ]The Stryker Mk19 only rearms to 48 rounds, not 48x3 when servicing at the base.

The Vulcan does not rearm at all?

The Stryker not reloading 3 magazines is an ArmA bug. Just keep an ammo truck close by if you use that one a lot.

The Vulcan should reload, but you have to be very close to the ammo truck for it to happen.

Quote[/b] ]I put a captured unit into the RACS shuttle helo, and it became an enemy helo unit that I could not get other units to enter, even after he got out (doesn't appear on the menu to enable entering, even when I got into it).

Another ArmA bug, where captured units lose their captivity status as soon as they enter a vehicle. (Which also keeps you from entering a vehicle once the captured units are in there.)

The best workaround for that is to either tell your units to hold their fire (when it's time to collect POWs you don't have to worry about enemies anyway), or move your guys into vehicles first, and out of them last. That way they never actually "see" the POWs in the vehicles, and won't shoot at them.

Quote[/b] ]not sure if it's a bug or a feature, Infantry/tanks only spawns when you are at ground-level near a city?

The Shilkas seems to spawn when the game loads, but when flying around over a town there does not seem to be any t-72:s, bmp:s, brdm:s, uaz:s or infantry (except for a general or whatever they are), until you exit the chopper or come close with a ground vehicle.

City units (NOT Shilkas) are only spawned if you enter the town on the ground. That's done for tactical as well as technical reasons (i.e. it would be too easy to wipe out a town from the sky Plus, flying over one town after another, and having the units spawn and culled in seconds would be a bit tough on the CPU).

Quote[/b] ]I don't no why but when I play in your SP version for the first time I must use FLUSH option... grass is not loading, and after 1h of play I've got problems with models of vechicles (usualy game crash after that).

Grass is disabled by default (just like in the MP version). If you have a very powerful PC you can go into the Mission HQ and select different settings, like view distance & terrain detail.

The mission bugs (zero division & empty town) should be fixed in the latest version.

I am also now only removing city units now when you enter a new town. Until then they will stay persistent (i.e. it doesn't matter how far away you are, or for how long, they will not be culled.)

I`m already testing v. 0.12, without errors so far. smile_o.gif

Hope i can test a little more today, but there is a thunderstorm coming in right now.

Quote[/b] ]I'm also working on changing the city spawning/culling,so that enemy units are only culled when you enter a new city. As long as you only deal with one particular city all Eastern unit will stay as they are, no matter how far away you are (or for how long).

I would do the same for sp. gj