Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Evolution - Single Player

Kronzky,

Thank you very much for this mission, it's very good! And with the savegame issue (mostly) gone, I can actually try clearing the first town. smile_o.gif

Just been playing 0.9, The enemy officer cannot be captured ( infantry worked ok ). The Officer just runs away from you.

Paraiso was fine, plenty of infantry UAZ etc and I cleared it without any odd things happening.

Somato had stacked Shilkas and no infantry. The town was clear as soon as i entered the grey zone, same goes for Cayo, Dolores and Ortego.

I entered Somato on foot but used a littlebird to fly over the other towns.

Otherwise ... good work smile_o.gif

Just remembered, i was getting a script error, something to do with "getin as gunner".

Not sure if it was me and my AI using a repaired bdrm or trying to get the AI to fix a Stryker.

The error kept showing randomly and since then the above problems started.

Same here that script error. And where I go, town is cleared now instantly...? So towns are not at all respawning?

Using version 0.10.1. And that error was also something about "dividing with zero".

PS I am software engineer by profession, I know how to create errors somewhere when you change something complete other thing wink_o.gif

I have been able to reproduce the Shilka issues (the stacked ones and the syntax error), and think I fixed it.

As far as the town populations are concerned, I was able to fix an issue where sometimes the level of the previous town was carried over to the next one, but I'm not having much luck with the occasional town that clears itself mysteriously. It did happen to me a couple of times, but I was never able to reliably reproduce it (which makes it very hard to fix). But I'm working on it... crazy_o.gif

Really appreciated that Kronzky, best ArmA mission ever anyway! smile_o.gif

Edit: the officer running away bug? is also here in 0.10.1, v 0.8.1 worked ok.

And really great thanks with this rapid coding! smile_o.gif

Version 0.11 wouldn't start at all, gave that original "savegame" error sad_o.gif and back to desktop.

Any possibility to download your previous versions? 0.8.1 worked fine.

Version 0.11 wouldn't start at all, gave that original "savegame" error sad_o.gif and back to desktop.

You can't use game saves between versions (i.e. restore an older version onto a new one). That's a surefire way to crash Arma... wink_o.gif

V0.11 still the bug zéro divisor, town is cleared instantly. sad_o.gif

Thanks for the city pass codes.

For anyone who doesn't understand :- this allows you to restart the mission, enter your rank code and the codes for which ever city you have already cleared so you can be pretty much where you left off, but with no errors or cleared towns.

It's a good way to keep playing / testing while it's still in beta stage.

Thanks again Kronzky.

Nice work Kronzky but gotta agree with several other posts requesting player respawn be added.  The current "die and the (mega)mission is over" (rather than respawn at airbase) all but guarantees it will NEVER be finished in SP mode.

I don't understand all these requests for respawns...

You have Saves in Single-Player.

In Cadet mode you can save as often as you like, and in Veteran you can save every ten minutes.

And even if you should screw up your save point totally (saving, and then getting killed right away), you can now, with the rank and city passcodes, "fast-forward" your way through the mission to the point where you got stuck the last time.

When I cleared Delores, it gave me a passcode but said it was for Cayo. I cleared Cayo beforehand and got a different code. I'm sure it's just a typo (in the blue print).

Also, If I order an AI into the GBU Harrier he cant get past the Air to Air one. It's too close, he just sits there or he crashes and dies.

The two 5T trucks (open and covered) are too close to the runway I think. The AI also won't move past them after landing. Only tried this once though. To get around this, I have been making them eject over base. The aircraft respawns shortly after they land, and they can go again. It's probably easier this way, but it feels like I'm cheating.

Anyway, I'm going back in for more.

biggrin_o.gif

In Cadet mode you can save as often as you like, and in Veteran you can save every ten minutes.

And even if you should screw up your save point totally (saving, and then getting killed right away), you can now, with the rank and city passcodes, "fast-forward" your way through the mission to the point where you got stuck the last time.

Excellent addition.

As you say. To avoid the corrupted save I get occasionally, I was exiting the game and backing up the save game. The city passcode pretty much takes care of that.

I have to admit thats pretty much sorted this mission for me now. I've cleared three towns single handed in veteran mode don't need the AIs so I'm not getting the other bugs. Downloaded the new version last night and cleared the first two cities again without any problems. Takes around an hour per city. I usually die around 5 times per city when I get impatient and take a chance legging it across the open.

SPR rules in this mission. Hitting moving targets about 5mm high on my screen lol

Hello all

Occasionally I'll find that my rank will drop for no apparent reason.

This occours regardless whether i have used a save game or pass code for rank.

It usually occours after a kill.

Ill try to nail it down for reproduction.

Just thought Id give you a heads up smile_o.gif

Rgds

LoK

That should only happen when you kill BLUFOR or Civilian units.

Have you done that?

You can't use game saves between versions (i.e. restore an older version onto a new one). That's a surefire way to crash Arma... wink_o.gif

i updated my version 0.7 to 0.10 and it didnt crash, but the cities are empty except for a few shilka's... confused_o.gif

because it's SP how can i use custom ammo crates - like skavens great weapons or Switzerland mods lovely weapons?

aaahhh ... uuhhh ... the Multiplayer generation is coming all over us !!!!

Saving my game? Ok I called the police! rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

QuietMan

I restart now with every new version, this way all works fine so far. Else i would probably run into problems, as i had before.

i updated my version 0.7 to 0.10 and it didnt crash, but the cities are empty except for a few shilka's... confused_o.gif

Please only report bugs if you are using the latest version (which is 0.11.1 right now).

I know it's a pain to get these "daily builds", but that's the price you pay for playing a beta version... wink_o.gif

Normally I wouldn't release something as unfinished and untested as this one (I probably would've done only internal testing for a few more weeks) , but since the demand for it was so high, I let you all tinker around with it already. Of course, that means that there will still be bugs, and that you may have to restart your mission over and over again. But it seems like people were having fun, even with those bugs. And for those more cautious people, they should just wait until I have an official release candidate.

As far as the Shilka/empty city issue is concerned, I may have finally tackled it in 0.11.1. I know the direct, technical reason this happened (sometimes ArmA took a few seconds to create a new group -which normally happens instantaneously- and if I didn't wait for that Shilkas and upcoming cities could be screwed up). But I'm still not quite sure why exactly this happens occasionally (if it's an ArmA bug, or if it's caused by the mission).

Nevertheless - since I put in a wait to check for the actual creation of a new group I haven't been able to reproduce this error anymore, so as far as gameplay is concerned, the issue may finally be fixed.

Occasionally I'll find that my rank will drop for no apparent reason.

This occours regardless whether i have used a save game or pass code for rank.

It usually occours after a kill.

You will get penalty points for killing team-mates, Western vehicles, civilians or POWs. (It could've even happened that you did this accidentally, with a grenade or rocket or something, and weren't even aware that you killed one of those units.) But that should be the only situation in which you lose points.

Kronzky,

Not sure if theis has been covered yet , but if you are using the standard mission scoring, it seems to drop with time. Something I noticed the other night with the 0.8 release. I'm pretty dure that this comes from the standard arma scoring system though.

regard

Gnrnr

Kronzky,

another thing I noticed tonight with the 0.9 release, (happened with 0.8 as well) is that my AI will kill captured units if they get into a vehicle. As soon as I put them into a behciel the vehicle appears as an enemy unit, and my ai take it out, even If I'm in the vehicel with the captured units. Tonight on the 0.9 relase I lost over 10 captured units from paraiso, due to my AI killing them.

Still trying to pin down the cause.

Regards

Gnrnr

another thing I noticed tonight with the 0.9 release, (happened with 0.8 as well) is that my AI will kill captured units if they get into a vehicle. As soon as I put them into a behciel the vehicle appears as an enemy unit, and my ai take it out, even If I'm in the vehicel with the captured units. Tonight on the 0.9 relase I lost over 10 captured units from paraiso, due to my AI killing them.

Still trying to pin down the cause.

What kind of vehicle did you put them in?

Just the other night I was transporting back about 10 POWs in a truck, and had lots of AI team mates standing around. But they didn't have a problem with that.

Perhaps if you put them into vehicles that have weapons (either in storage or on-board), the POWs are then considered armed, and that's why they got shot.

P.S. <moderator hat on>You can edit your previous posts. So if you have something to add or to correct, just open the existing one and edit that, rather than posting two in a row</moderator hat off> ;)

Kronzky,

I must say your SP mission really made ArmA a good experience for me. The latest version (I think I still have 10.1, I'll DL the real latest tonight) is very good and playable. It's a shame that you had to jump through hoops to work around ArmA, but hopefully BIS will take care of the problems.

Thanks again for this one.

Quote[/b] ]aaahhh ... uuhhh ... the Multiplayer generation is coming all over us !!!!

Hmmm, i didnt think sexual references were allowed smile_o.gif

Perhaps I did manage to accidently to kill some friendly units, as I was using area effect weapons at the time, although I must admit, I have not seen any units other than opfor and US units.

Do civ. parked cars count?

Also, when this has happenes, what is the neg score attributed?

rgds

LoK