Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Evolution - Single Player

Good news for all you offline players!

I have gotten the OK by KilJoy to convert his incredible mission for Single-Player mode.

So, if you have a few weeks to spare, to try to tackle this monster mission, keep your eyes on this thread!

I will try to stay as close to the original as possible, only making adjustments where they might be necessary for technical reasons, or to make up for the lack of other players.

Here's a list of things different/new in the SP-version:

[*]Instead of straightforward kill-counts the player's rating is used (which will give you different points depending on what it is that you killed, e.g. 1000pts for an officer, 200pts for a rifleman)

[*]For every rank increase you can recruit 2 AI units (for a total of 12)

[*]To make up for the lack of human medics, you can recruit a medic as you become Corporal (2nd rank)

[*]To make up for the lack of human shuttle drivers/pilots, there will be a chopper shuttle available at all times, to take you back to the base

[*]Abandoned vehicles will stay at their position indefinitely. Only unarmed, destroyed vehicles will respawn at their original location.

[*]Empty enemy vehicles can be used independent of rank

[*]If a player leaves a town and then returns, the town will only be re-populated to its previous level, not to the initial full-strength level

[*]Town are considered cleared if there are less than 12 AI units left (8 for smaller towns)

[*]Since it would be too easy to rack up points with side missions, each side mission can only be played once per cleared town

[*]A reconnaissance plane will randomly patrol the current island and briefly reveal enemy position. The fewer enemy units there are in a town, to more often this plane will patrol that area (to help in finding the last survivors)

[*]In Veteran mode you can save every 10 minutes. In Recruit mode you can save as often as you like.

[*]Passcodes for ranks and cleared cities allow you immediately activate these objectives later on

[*]You are able to skip some time in the barracks

[*]The mission has been fully translated into German, French, Spanish, Polish & Russian

Other than that, everything will stay the same.

You have a ranking system which give you different capabilities depending on your level, destroyed vehicles will respawn at the base, killed AI-units can be recruited again at the base, enemy troop levels stay the same, etc., etc.

Yes, it will be a killer of a mission, and probably take you a couple of weeks to finish, but that way ArmA will finally have the truly comprehensive and engaging campaign it deserves...

If there are any other changes you think might be necessary for SP-mode, please post it here.

Do *not* post any requests for any "improvements" over the original game though.

As I said, I will try to stay as close as possible to the original, and will not make any significant changes unless they're warranted by the lack of human teammates.

I will also need some beta testers within the next few days.

Please, only apply if you really want to test, and will provide me with some feedback regarding bugs and gameplay issues. Do NOT apply if you just want to play this mission before anybody else... wink_o.gif

I am also planning to localize the whole mission. So if anybody would be interested in translating about 100 words and phrases, please PM me (I got the German one, but any other language would be welcome.)

Thanks!

================================================

<span style='color:RED'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>UPDATE: OFFICIAL VERSION 1.0 RELEASED: </span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>http://kronzky.info/missions/arma/evolutionsp/</span>

================================================

Awesome mate, great news!! I played it before (offline) by myself and it was great fun cleared Paradiso and reached Lt before falling to sleep, LOL. It'll be cool to see what you do Kro, thanks!

wink_o.gif

woot thank you sir, I will try this baby out when 1.08 finishes downloading =)

woot thank you sir, I will try this baby out when 1.08 finishes downloading =)

It's not released yet tounge2.gif

But at the start of the mission when we are just a private, will we not be able to have anyone in the squad? So we have to do missions alone? crazy_o.gif

Very good idea. yay.gif

This will be a hell of a mission, but that`s what i like. smile_o.gif

I will definitely play this mission, when it`s released.

Edit:

Forgot something.

notworthy.gif

But at the start of the mission when we are just a private, will we not be able to have anyone in the squad? So we have to do missions alone?

You start out by yourself, but the first rank is not that hard to achieve. After that you can already hire 2 AI units.

You can either do a side mission or take out a few soldiers and a tank, and you're already a Corporal.

But, yes, you do have to do some initial work yourself, to prove yourself worthy... wink_o.gif

omg i was working on my own singleplayer evolution campaing

anyway

this is my nasty idea; tounge2.gif

i don't like the idea to start alone in a big island infested of enemey trops, so i will make differents squads asigned to differents fronts targets like somato, cayo, dolores, etc. yes, like a big warr, you will be able to switch to diferents fronts if you reach the amounts of points needed, of course you will go alone to any town and kick ass enemy trops but with just a rifle and nothing more, if you reach more points you can select another weapos.

first of all, you can start like a private on 1 squad of X soldiers, and try to got some of points fighting on the nearly towns at the base or shitch to another fronts in diferents squad.

when you got a lot of points you will by promoted to corporal and you can use some new weapons and vehicles,

when reach the X points you will by promoted to sargent or Lieutenant and you can be a team leader and start to recruit soldiers, or if you want to be a crewman for heavy armour, etc

and so on for other class and vehicles like chopers and planes for captain, major and colonel.

the idea is to make a dynamic map,

just some thoughts nothing more

anyway i will still realy looking forward for this.

sorry for my english but i am still learning.

I've only played evolution a few times... On MP.

But yay for single player versionzorz...

pistols.gif

I want to have your children Kronzky. notworthy.gif

Perhaps starting this conversion wasn't such a good idea after all... wink_o.gif

Kronzky i love you in the totally gay way.

Not really.

BUT HOLY CRAP ZOMG!

If possible can i test?

notworthy.gif

Edit: Now we just need a respawn...

Just a quick update:

The mission now has been fully translated into German (unfortunately I didn't get any volunteers for other languages), and has gone out to the first group of beta testers.

So, we're getting closer... thumbs-up.gif

Ok if you need someone to translate it to Polish that let me know.

Just tell what files I have to translate and I will do it.

Thanks for the offer!

I've sent you the stringtable via PM.

Also, if you're considering volunteering for a translation - keep in mind that I will forward all the translations to KilJoy as well, so he can implement it into the MP version. So you're doing TWO GOOD DEEDS for the price of one! wink_o.gif

Looking forward to this. At the beginning I didnt like the fact that every server was running Evo but now I barely wanna play other missions. Really great when you get nice teamplay going.

Hope AI are smart too and fun to play with.

I sure hope the servers calm down theres too many evos wow_o.gif

But this will be good to play on SP smile_o.gif

french translation there pm me the xml

I'd like to help with russian translation pm me to the xml

Thanks for all the translation offers! inlove.gif YOU ALL!!!

Unfortunately, ArmA seems to have some serious problems dealing with game saves with such a huge mission, and is crashing on a regular basis when you try to reload after a game restart (similar problem to what MrN has with his Dynamic War mission).

We're trying to get to the bottom of this, but it won't be easy... confused_o.gif

Kiljoy just upgraded to Evolution 3.0. Will you be able to update the single version mission to this also?

hello all

Hmm now for the upgrade to ver 3.0.

Will that negate the majority of work already done on the previous version? Or is it a quick rewrite?

Also,any closer to fixing the savegame problem?

@Kenbow

It may well be that there will be one mission for evo1-2 and one mission for evo 3!

rgds

LoK