Sign in to follow this  
Exsosus

Advanced Combat Environment

yes butthe gun has to change its range depending on distance. that is why i am saying it may not be done becuase of the game engine.

and the walking in vehicles thing can be done and has been done.. all they need to do is ask permission for this script or what ever it is called.

can you add some music for the mujahideens"terrorist"? And make sure it is not haram music becuase i dontthink amujahideen will play music that they ban there people from playing( using musical instruments beside a drum)

here is a non-violent vid that is playing a nice nasheed that will good into your mod http://youtube.com/watch?v....ndex=41

america does not call these terrorist becuase they are fighting the russians. americas enemys=terrorist.lol simple and ignorant..anyway i dont want to cause a political discussions here.

I do not know whether it has already been suggested or it's possible, but it would be cool to remove the ammo count hud.

Imho, it would be a good and realistic feature which could add even more intensity to firefights.

My tiny 2 cents...

Anyway, it sounds good, very good, and i'm looking forward to this mod.

Quote[/b] ]and the walking in vehicles thing can be done and has been done.. all they need to do is ask permission for this script or what ever it is called.

icon_rolleyes.gif Show me an MP-compatible version. Good luck finding it.

Quote[/b] ]can you add some music for the mujahideens"terrorist"? And make sure it is not haram music becuase i dontthink amujahideen will play music that they ban there people from playing( using musical instruments beside a drum)

Can you stop making suggestions for "terrorist" features? It's very clear that you want the most realistic "terrorist" depiction possible in ArmA. You're probably not going to find that in ACE. There are much more worthwhile things to spend developmental effort on.

Quote[/b] ]america does not call these terrorist becuase they are fighting the russians. americas enemys=terrorist.lol simple and ignorant..anyway i dont want to cause a political discussions here.

If you don't want to cause a political debate, maybe you should avoid making political comments in the future? icon_rolleyes.gif

lol..not neccarly but when an iraq map comes out what do you think they will be doing?

and my sujjection are easy to do like the music thing. it can be done in one hour or less..

anyway the hmmvs need alot of work and i hope you dont include the unnecessary textures like bis done.. the hmmv has all this messed up textures that in real life it is not there.

I hope you will eventually put one of the vbs2 features in arma.like the hmmv storage. that will be awsome.

you say i want this game to be terrorised. well i consider US soldiers terrorist so i am saying that you want to terrorise this game.lol..anyway if we aregoingtohavethistype of disscussion then lets keep it very liteso i doesnt close the topic down.

I do not know whether it has already been suggested or it's possible, but it would be cool to remove the ammo count hud.

Imho, it would be a good and realistic feature which could add even more intensity to firefights.

My tiny 2 cents...

Anyway, it sounds good, very good, and i'm looking forward to this mod.

It shoudl be possible... I think you can even do it by setting the difficulty settings in vanilla ArmA, no?

How old are some of the people making suggestions on this thread?

the skull and cross bones must come off those vests on the marines

they look lame

also its a must imo for there to be a suicide bomber, they are like the staple of a modern day "combat enviroment"

yesi aggre and it should not be to hard to make..

The crowssystemwill be awsome. i hope it is possible. Lets get more fetures on the weapons... for one lets get the bipod to work and add some to weapons like rpg.. and make that thing in the sideof the m4 or m16 work. I Know it cant work proporly butit doent mean we should just forget about it. add the flashlightand laser anyway.

What map was that in one of the pics? it looked like veitnam.

ifyouaretalking about my spelling it isbecuaseof my keyboard. it is all messed up and i dont like going threw myhole post to fix the promblems.

I really wouldn't like a CROWS system. They are boring. I don't even like them in America's Army that much. It'd be cool to get a turret like this:

humvee.JPEG

Maybe have an M240/m249 instead of a .50 cal too

you say i want this game to be terrorised. well i consider US soldiers terrorist so i am saying that you want to terrorise this game.lol..anyway if we aregoingtohavethistype of disscussion then lets keep it very liteso i doesnt close the topic down.

Color me surprised! icon_rolleyes.gif

Let's see if Phaeden and the others are going to be interested in throwing in your ridiculous laundry list of terrorist features so you can get your rocks off VBIED'ing or suicide bombing simulated US forces. My money is on "No", but hey! Maybe you'll be surprised!

icon_rolleyes.gif

Color me surprised!  icon_rolleyes.gif

Let's see if Phaeden and the others are going to be interested in throwing in your ridiculous laundry list of terrorist features so you can get your rocks off VBIED'ing or suicide bombing simulated US forces. My money is on "No", but hey! Maybe you'll be surprised!

icon_rolleyes.gif

dude keep this lowor this thread will be closed. and if you havnt noticedmostof my suggestion are non-"terrorist" request.

May I ask why you don't want suicide bombers?

They can be scripted in with relative ease. There's already a few out there now.

I'd much rather have ACE work on more important gameplay mechanics like Wounding, Stamina, islands, and all-around completeness.

Hell you don't even need scripts, it's all in the game already. If blowing up stuff gives you a kick (and let's face, things that go boom are cool) then just setpos a few sticks o' dyn-o-mite, smack in an addaction and bob's your (suicide bombing) uncle.

As for me, I'm mostly looking forward to some sort of backpack/rucksack system - always loved that in OFP.

May I ask why you don't want suicide bombers?

Because these "terrorist" features are not needed to ACE,cause ACE is combat simulator.And War on Terrorism is not a modern combat in normal meaning.Terrorists were in all times BUT it is not connected with regular and irregular(guerillas,insurgents,partizans,resistance is irregular but army) army,even if they act against some armed forces.It is just a part of their whole activity.

And,don't forget,that ACE is a mod for taktical and realistic gaming.

PS This is my first post on BI forums!

PPS Pardon for my poor english...

you say i want this game to be terrorised. well i consider US soldiers terrorist so i am saying that you want to terrorise this game

lol please keep your crazy views off this topic.

On topic: man this is really looking good keep up the good work notworthy.gif

lol.butam notwrong.. since i consider americans terrorist then all of youwantto terrorise this game! anyway iamda topic about this visit http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1113076

Can you chnagethe crouch model? and make itlike ofp. becuase that is more of a common crouch then armas.. and instead ofthe pop can you add deep sound of abullet so in far distant it sounds more realistic. i hope you add new backpacks to the units and make it fuctionall. when he reachesfor the backp-ack for ammocan youactually make him reach outand grab the backpack to his front side to take an ammo?

ignore the typos

@operation madman

i really cant see your point here, what they are doing is like what they did in OFP, and adding "terrorise" is NOT what they intented to make into ACE

on the other had, there is noone stop you from suggesting, planning, or acturally creating a "terrorise" mod that could work with ACE itself, but plz, for the love of god, if the idea doesnt serves the as much for the people here, then it should be something that is stand alone, or something that are a part of another mod, but not here

lol.butam notwrong.. since i consider americans terrorist then all of youwantto terrorise this game! anyway iamda topic about this visit http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1113076

Can you chnagethe crouch model? and make itlike ofp. becuase that is more of a common crouch then armas.. and instead ofthe pop can you add deep sound of abullet so in far distant it sounds more realistic. i hope you add new backpacks to the units and make it fuctionall. when he reachesfor the backp-ack for ammocan youactually make him reach outand grab the backpack to his front side to take an ammo?

ignore the typos

It should bother you that Americans, some of them former or current soldiers, are working on this mod...right?

yesi aggre and it should not be to hard to make..

The crowssystemwill be awsome. i hope it is possible. Lets get more fetures on the weapons... for one lets get the bipod to work and add some to weapons like rpg.. and make that thing in the sideof the m4 or m16 work. I Know it cant work proporly butit doent mean we should just forget about it. add the flashlightand laser anyway.

What map was that in one of the pics? it looked like veitnam.

I wasn't talking about CROWS. I was talking about removing the ammo counter. The CROWS will be hard or impossible to make properly.

Operation Madman, you have no idea what you are talking about, that much is obvious. Please stop suggesting ridiculous things. Functional bipods... As far as I know, as of now, they are functional in that you can adjust the behaviour of the weapon for when the player is in the prone state. Please stop poluting this discussion with your very narrow special interest. ACE content will be what the ACE developers choose. They had an uncannily excellent mod with WGL, and I'm sure ACE will be no different. I do not have such confidence in you, however.

Thanks for your input everyone.

To bring this back on topic a bit:

I am working on ACE every day (and every night) and will hopefully have the first Alpha ready by this weekend. This means that certain people and groups of people (i.e. USMC Warriors and ShackTac) will be able to find all the wonderful bugs that will undoubtedly be present.

The first public release of ACE will likely include:

American and Russian forces (with the possibility of Australia and North Korea also being released)

Infantry (all standard load-outs and “common†infantry types/roles)

Soft Vehicles (basically all wheeled vehicles that can be seen on the modern battlefield)

Armor

Rotor Aircraft

Fixed Wing Aircraft

Fatigue System (which simulates fatigue and basic psychology)

Basic Medical System (bandages, morphine, IVs – will explain more later)

Audio Effects (will hopefully get in all new sounds for everything)

Visual Effects (this will take longer, but eventually everything will be replaced with more realistic visual effects)

Basic Graphic Interface (just a simple overhaul of the default GUI (will update when able))

What will probably not make it into the first public release:

Advanced Medical System

Crew-served weapons (machine guns, mortars, artillery, naval guns)

Logistics System (will explain more later)

Updated GUI

Advanced Countermeasures

Thermal System

*and other things which are still more in my head than on the screen

My goal with the first public release is to provide end-users with a comprehensive and engaging simulation of modern combat which contains no “show-stoppersâ€. I want to make it so that people can d/l it, install it, join a server and be amazed.

As far as “terrorists†are concerned, it is likely that there will eventually be “pre-made†‘insurgent’ classes (such as IRA, Al Quesadilla, etc). These classes will not have any special powers or anything like that, they will just have a physical model, carry typical weapons, have typical accuracy, etc. You’ll note that I said “eventually.†There are about three and a half million other things that need to take place before I can work on anything like that. The argument that “it would only take an hour or so†is valid, but I would rather spend that hour working on configs, scripts, effects, and testing (not to mention actually getting to play every now and then). As was stated, ACE is about modern force on force combat.

I will update this thread every few days with new information.

The above list is looking very impressive!  pistols.gif

me to, some of those things sound really impressive for first steps