Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Ambush Convoy Revisited

If you have played the original "Ambush Convoy", and have been utterly frustrated by it (especially if you're a newcomer to ArmA, and this is your first mission), here is a version that will be a little bit more forgiving.

It is still very hard, and most likely you will die quite a few times before you finish it the first time.

It is, after all, an ArmA mission, and if you make a stupid mistake you will probably pay for it... ;)

BUT - it does give you a few more chances, hints, and tools to complete the job, so that the frustration level might not go totally overboard.

The main storyline and objective is the same as in the BI version.

The changes that were done to it should turn the odds a little bit into your favor though:

• There is now more time available to prepare for the initial ambush.

• The current convoy's position is indicated on the map via a dynamic marker.

• If the convoy is attacked, it will not stop, but speed away towards the base.

• The first town now has a little camp, with a field hospital and a weapons cache.

• There are now two guard posts at the bridge, along with another small weapons stash.

• The tanks at the base will be parked unmanned. The crew, as well as another small group will patrol the island. If the player is spotted the crew will re-mount the tank.

• If the convoy reaches the base all units will unmount their vehicles. If the player is spotted, they will re-mount and defend the premises.

• There are now rafts available at the bridge (to sneak up to the base) and at the base (to get back to the extraction point).

• All enemy controlled areas are marked on the map.

• Enemy units will not use secret triggers of otherwise unrealistic information to find out about the player's position.

• The only way to lose the mission is by dying.

So - hopefully, after a few tries, you will finally see, and be picked up by, that elusive chopper...

pickup.jpg

The mission can be downloaded here.

Very nice! I must try this.

All the BI-missions need some tweaking so hopefully more like this will come? wink_o.gif

Only just seen this - very nice mission! Really had my heart pumping! 4.5/5 from me smile_o.gif

Not bad, got it though at first try. One bug, I got "convoy destroyed" message, even though ammo truck was still completely alive.

You don't actually have to destroy the *whole* convoy to finish the mission successfully.

If I remember right, it is considered a success as long as there are less than 2 vehicles left. (That was part of the original mission design, and I didn't feel the need to change that.)

You do get a different ending message though if *every* convoy vehicle is destroyed.