Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS Hind v1.0 for ArmA

Nice youve made one of my favourite choppers in the game better good job

Good stuff, now i just need to see how we can puzzle that together with the version i have atm which has for example merged textures and new normals.

Thanks!

Just to update those following this thread, I wanted to list the things Ru!ner and AToW members have been able to improve with the rough Hind mod:

* Massive .rpt error file size causing lag. - Fixed

* Error in basic model of the aircraft causing lag. - Fixed

* Missing values in helo's armor config file. - Fixed

* Weak/inaccurate nose turret gun. - fixed/replaced

* AToW Game Balance issue, ATGM missiles. - Fixed/removed

* Error message pop up when Gunner selects menu choice "Use Nightvision". - Fixed/removed

* Gunners rocket aim-dot in bad location for accurate target alignment. - Fixed

* Pilots HUD illuminates red at night removing aiming ability - Fixed

* Non-working artificial horizon and gauges on helo console. - Fixed

* Error pop up "burst is not a class /displayname ..." - Fixed

* Body armor too thin - Fixed

* Flight characteristics too nimble for a Hind - Fixed/tweaked

More to come...

RHS - AToW Mi-24D Hind Video

Hmm interesting and sounds nice , have u got NMaping done and merged textures ? Because that is 1st what must be done biggrin_o.gif

BTW Mi24 Hind have armoured cockpits and canopies fitted with bullet-proof glass. Site wink_o.gif

Hmm interesting and sounds nice , have u got NMaping done and merged textures ? Because that is 1st what must be done biggrin_o.gif

BTW Mi24 Hind have armoured cockpits and canopies fitted with bullet-proof glass. Site wink_o.gif

Well I am not a modder. So I know nothing about textures. Ru!ner is our modder who has been really digging into it. All I know is the original RHS hind model brought a dedicated server to its knees with huge .rpt files and other lag issues. They are gone now.

We are aware of the bullet proof glass. We changed that because the Hind has such great armor on its body. Remember, we modded this helo for use in a Player vs Player environment. We could care less about coop and killing AI. And when you have a helo with bullet proof glass and heavy armor, the guys on the ground shooting at it don't have much fun. Had to give them a fighting chance. wink_o.gif

Those bullet proof glass and heavy armor are Power of HIND.

Fighting chance is AA stinger or AA tanks and not M16 on air got him with headshot biggrin_o.gif

Nice changelog!

Quote[/b] ]And when you have a helo with bullet proof glass and heavy armor, the guys on the ground shooting at it don't have much fun. Had to give them a fighting chance.

I wonder what kind of player want unrealistic Hind "features"? huh.gif

Not me. If you please could release a realistic hind with bulletproof glass also?

Whats RHS's view on this issue? I suppose its a collaboration(?), and RHS have always aimed for realistic features.

Nice to hear...

this is what Mi24 needs to fit MP missions and enter in the Hall of Fame Addons for ArmA.

Good work!!

I can't wait for it.

Thank u RHS smile_o.gif

The bulletproof glass -or lack thereof- is going to ruin it's performance in PvP... It won't even be a threat, you just need a few guys to open up on the cockpit and it's won't stand a bloody chance...

The Hind should evoke feelings of "Bloody hell, a Hind! Run for it lads!" not "Stay right where you are and put a few rounds into it's cockpit then turn back to the real fight"... But heh, I guess it's your addon... sad_o.gif

btw. only front glass is bullet prove on HInd wink_o.gif Side windows in pilot cockpit can be shot through in RL. known fact

For the NV to work you need BTR 80 addon and i think that you should keep with that tipe of NV since it's a very good one.

And yes, if you can release a bullet-proof version we'll be glad.

The cockpit glass is quite bulletproof. Your not going to get through it unless you have like a 23mm canon. These things can take a lot of small arms fire so you cant just put any old glass on em. An the gun's a 12.7. Other than that the ToW upgrade looks great......

Personally i feel it defeats the point of the game when you try to balance the units out aghainst each other... But still looks great guys.

The cockpit glass is quite bulletproof. Your not going to get through it unless you have like a 23mm canon. These things can take a lot of small arms fire so you cant just put any old glass on em

I don't think so. BMG.50 is capable of piercing many types of IFVs, saying you need something like a RARDEN or at least a Bushmaster is beyond mong, a Shilka has a quad 23mm setup, if the developers saw the Hind could take hits from anything below it, they would have fitted something bigger.

Can you penetrate the side-glass with 5.56 or 7.62?

Oh, and well... I kind'a agree with the people on the armoured canopy thing.

If you absolutely want to release a "game play balanced" Hind, please also release one that's in the eyes of us that doesn't like "balance" but rather "realism" not a ruined joke of a Hind, but that actually is a flying tank.

It would be ridicules if you can shoot the pilot or gunner with small arms. Give that beast bulletproof glass.

Anyways, what are stingers good for? biggrin_o.gif

Anyways, what are stingers good for? biggrin_o.gif

We use flares.

So basically it becomes pretty hard to shoot down with stinger.

And you should be happy of getting that helo back and not wonder about pulletproof glass.. Theres still alot unrealistic things in arma, believe me or not, but hinds glass is smallest of them.

The Hind is a flying tank, not an oversized MH-6.

If i can shoot the pilot with an M16, than that is something to worry about. confused_o.gif

The Hind is a flying tank, not an oversized MH-6.

If i can shoot the pilot with an M16, than that is something to worry about. confused_o.gif

Then fix it yourself. For our playing environment, it works perfectly. AA kits are limited per side and so are scoped weapons. The Hind is a devastating bird even with non-bulletproof glass. Shooting the pilot out isnt as easy as you think.

So basically, we'll giving it back to RHS with what we've done and they can take it from there. But we fixed the things we thought needed fixing. Don't like it? Big deal. rofl.gif

No big deal for sure.

But the version i use right now do have bulletproof glass, that´s nothing that had to be implemented.

If you want the sheep in an wolf`s skin, go ahead. goodnight.gif

Put some more ZSU-23/4 or ZU-23 into the missions, which can make very many holes in a Hind to counter the lack of Strelas/Stingers? wink_o.gif