Evolution V1.0 Large scale respawn coop

evo.jpg

Mission Name: Evolution Version 1.0

Game mode: MP: Coop 1-30

Addon's required: None

Respawn: Base

description: Air Land and Sea combat.

Features:

- A rank system based off the players score that unlocks vehicles and weapons as the player gains higher ranks.

- Automatic vehicle servicing anywhere in the base area (Airport)

- Dynamic groups, players can join other players groups while in the game.

- Recruited AI, players can recruit AI units if they are leaders and have a high enough rank.

- Side missions there are multiple random generated side missions that leaders can pick from.

- Scores for everything, you get scores for completing main objectives, secondary objectives, side missions, transporting and healing!!

- The mission remembers you , so if you disconnect and come back later your score and rank is remembered.

- Missile Cam for hellfires GBU bombs and stingers.

- Incoming missile warning sound for all aircraft.

- Optional One hour day mode.

- Synced time for all clients and jip players.

In this mission i have tryed to address common issues in respawn coop maps. I hope you enjoy it.

V1.5

1. Fixed water patrol and other mission bugs.

2. Removed penelty due to tk system conflict.

3. Fixed 1 hour day mode and flashing night /day.

4. Removed floating dead enemy crew.

5. Kegetys spectating script added.(in transfer)

6. Medic Support Reward system.

7. Fixed various objective resets from jip players.

8. Markers for abandoned vehicles and repaird vehicles

9. Fixed city patrol waypoints.

V1.5a

1. corrected respawning vehicles

2. replaced med tent.

Mirriors

1: -> Download EvolutionV1.5a.zip <-

Sounds very bloody good!!! will upload to our public server for testing ! smile_o.gif

Yeah, sounds great. Will test it now pistols.gif

feck me ! ... sounds  great ...

youre setting new boundries  for co-op play

well done and good luck mate

smile_o.gif

Will test it. Seems interesting. Your Duke mission was already very impressive. wink_o.gif

Played this mission a few times online now, Im im impressed!

It works really well to get serious ppl in game because you cant hop in a chopper f.e., but realy have to work for it.

TKers and kids prolly dont like this maps, and thats in one word GREAT! notworthy.gif

Maybe the ranks are a bit slow, but maybe I need to put more time in it. (dont have time to play for hours sad_o.gif)

I'd say this would be better if basic UH60 and MH6 were available to pilots from the start. Seems a little pointless to have pilot units who have to grind their rank to get access to their work tools.

I'd say this would be better if basic UH60 and MH6 were available to pilots from the start. Seems a little pointless to have pilot units who have to grind their rank to get access to their work tools.

Yes but this stops noobs coming in a crashing the helis. If you want to fly you have to work a bit i think its better this way.

wow really nice work... just got to do a quick test... I love it, very active battlefield, plenty to do, could last for as long as you want.

I'd say this is one of the most impressive of the week for me... notworthy.gif

I've played it online and had a problem with the motorcycles. They always wrecked sooner or later without a reason. Probably an ArmA bug but it makes it hard to travel as Private.

At one stage i was considering having separate pilot career starting with access to MH6 from private rank and only pilots of rank could fly aircraft. One of the main issues it seems for now is there is a gap between the time all the private class land vehicles get lost on the battlefield and the time when someone gains enough rank to fly a littlebird. so in between this time spanners are left to use the ever respawning motorbikes which is like playing Russian roulette due to the falling off bug on dedicated servers. A wise wannabe pilot would drive up and down with a 5ton truck busing the people to battle and earning a lot of points (As long as the drop off is more then 500m from the center hanger helipad). I think in the next version there will be a lot more respawning hummers due to the motorbike bug. but any vehicle above private class will not respawn.

While on the subject, if you fly,drive people from base to battle allow them to get out before you get out or you will not recive points for transporting them. Also the further you fly them, the more points its worth. For now I put the pilot In just incase a person likes this for visual astetics. let me tell you tho i have seen meny pilots shot in combat because friendlys arent used to looking at them.

to all

Thanks for all your comments, I've notcied a few bugs that i have fixed or are fixing. Waiting to see if anymore come up then there will be an update. Main bug seems to be using the new "briefing = 0" in description.ext is not working. With this setting late connecting players should not have to see a briefing. but when there is any lagg involved the player gets locked in the intro.

If this happens to you or someone else tell them to press ESC then click Respawn for now.

Objectives aren't being ticked off in the briefing.

Hints and mission briefings are being displayed at incorrect times to certain players.

One thing I have noticed Is people don't seem to take side missions much. I advise anyone looking to rank up fast to take a low level side mission. I like WPAT (water patrol) it takes about 15 minutes and at the end of it you gain about 25 points if you do all the work. 5 more points and you can fly a little bird as sergeant. Missions and secondary objectives is where the quick points are at. Except with missions every human on your squad scores when you complete them.

Randomly going into main city centers looking for a fight is probably the slowest way. Unless your in the cobra biggrin_o.gif

But a good transport pilot will always make the most points in Evoloution if they stick to it and don't lose their bird.

I'm putting this mission up on our dedicated 100meg server - you can find it under filter "SBP" - SBP Black Panther (arma.si)

uploaded it days ago to =22SAS= public server but-today first time tried it!

thoughts =very good,like the way you cant access everything till you have progressed!

All in all a great blast!! smile_o.gif

i just got done playing on 6th sense server so far i like the idea and the mission, heres a one thing we noticed

enemy choppers flying over us base- annoying as can be. my instincts to drop and hide wouldnt stop

seems a lil hard for just a few players perhaps some small missions for smaller groups?

im sure others will mention a few more things that needed work but so far so good

A great mission.

Maybe a lack of civilian vehicles in city (to help foot soldiers) and ambience (civilians life?).

Quite an achievement man. Really good, really, really good.

You've mentioned most of the bugs I noticed already, The bikes are really bad.

1. I like the way you "transport/respawn the maint vehicles in the hanger if they are moved. You might consider increasing the time a little, as we were about to resurrect a Blackhawk and our repair truck dissapeared befoer our eyes. You might also consider doing the same with other vehicles that are left unattended for over?  an hour?

2. A respawn of certain key assets for each objective attained would be really cool, ie; Helos, Armor and Armed Hummers. A few more of them wouldn't hurt either.

3. How about a lower rank required to "capture" and use an Opfor vehicle....anybody who captures one ought to be able to drive it....at least acouple of ranks lower than Blufor standards. Spoils of war. Loot and plunder.

4. Maybe a limited,  less objectives version....it's really long. That or some type of AI support as rewards. Arty, Fixed winf Air..dunno just thinking out loud.

Great work man.  Thanks for the fun.

Are the Opfor dudes endlessly respawning in Corazol??? They sure appear out of the woodwork and home in on you.  smile_o.gif

We put this on the SES test server and most players like it.

We don't usually play with respawn but I think it is needed here, would be good to have a limited respawn tho.

As people have mentioned it's a bit buggy so we will wait for an updated version and give it another go.

I joined a server that was playing this for a few hours, I selected an ambush mission but when I got there the convoy didn't exist but the waypoint did.

Is it possible to select a mission that was already done?

BTW I think we liked the side missions most.

Good job.

that motorcycle bug from BIS sucks :| seriously, the amount of times people take a bicycle and just fall off and die randomly is seriously anoying. "wtf" "how did i die?" then they players leave thinking its the maps fault. lol

But its a great map, few bugs, sometimes u wont spawn into ur player when u JIP and u have to press ESC - Respawn

@ december

All missions are generated for the leader of the group so there all individual, I'm aware of the bug you experienced and have a fix in place for the next version.

@Nixer6

1. Time is a little quick i agree, next version it will be longer or there will be a proximity check so it wont respawn if anyone is close on foot.

2. An interesting thing about the vehicle spawn system for most vehicles is if it is destroyed it respawns where it was destroyed with a lot of damage and no fuel. the only way to truly destroy an allied vehicle is to drive it into the sea. The main problem is there is no reward for locating and repairing vehicles other then you get to use it. I'm thinking about a way to reward players for repairing vehicles lost in the battle and returning them to base.

This should help with shortages of vehicles of over private class.

3. This would unbalance the game in favor of capturing enemy vehicles strategy to much. Its already a common problem in coop maps leading to designers locking all enemy vehicles. At least in evoloution you can get that bmp if you got the rank.

4. Might make a south and north version. to be honest last game took me and a few people 18 hours. When I first set out to make this i was originally thinking of making a perpetual mission that never ended. Ranks would be gained over months , not hours. But due to there being no way to record players ranks by there unique id to a file on the server i decided that it had to have an end for now.

At least you can play for a few hours do a few side missions, and feel some sense of accomplishment. And hay if the game is still running tomorrow you can rejoin and help Finnish the fight with your rank intact. If you make colonel you can have 6 ai supporting you. But you have to be a good commander to know how to use ai to full effect. Ai dont mind driving repair vehicles from one end of the island to the other for exsample.

@L etranger and d3dsh33p

I had a lot of civilian traffic going around the place, but pulled them out because i felt the contributed less then the bandwidth justified. I have plans to make the mission use much less bandwidth in future so i may be able to bring them back in. As for static civilian cars around city's, This will be done. Very useful after a a city is cleared and you just want to go a mile up the road to the next one.

@coma73 The choppers seem to be attracted to the search lights. A bit like moths I suppose. They actually have waypoints but they prefer to fly around the search lights. I will look into it. In the mean time try to rpg one it makes up 8 points or somthing. smile_o.gif , but if it crashes into friendly vehicles you can get up to -30 points. Then you might have to answer the phone. yay.gif

2 of my buddies and I played this weekend for 12 hours. It was very fun. We noticed some of the bugs listed but the biggest thing was losing the stats when the server died(power issue)

Do you think there is a way to save them on the server down the road or is it a limitation in the game?

Anyways, Thank you notworthy.gif

Ai dont mind driving repair vehicles from one end of the island to the other for exsample.

Good point. Never even crossed my mind

I'll remember that one.>..and keep up the great work.

Nice mission !

I would add this:

- AI kills should earn some points to the squad leader (1/4th or 1/3rd)

- some vehicule respawn at the airfield (not just trucks and kamikaze bikes smile_o.gif )

A big question: is it possible to save the status of the server (and to load it afterward of course) ?