Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Animation Viewer

So that we can finally find some volunteers to complete the list of animations in the Wiki, I was able to convince Hoz to release his animation viewer that he had been hiding from the public for ages... wink_o.gif

I think it was originally done by Mandoble, then Hoz updated it, then I did some tweaking, and now we finally have something that the public can use!

animationviewer.jpg

And not only can it show animations, but it also displays the in-game faces, plays music tracks, slices and dices, and does the laundry! wink_o.gif

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Now, let's get started on that animation list!!!</span>

Available here.

thanks for postin ... yay.gif

and it is also doesnt work? sad_o.gif

I push on any of the actions and it just exits the the menu with all the animations on it (or music or faces).

So the menu with all these things shown pops up for about half a second then is gone. huh.gif

very nice job there should speed up the old film makers job

as for it not working rommel .

you seemingly have to run the anim script first before the music or faces will activate.or you get missing .sqf error

or so i the case for me.

Are you using it via the included mission, or are you trying to implement the script into your own mission?

Ooops... yeah...

What happened was that I had converted all the scripts from .sqs to .sqf, and forgotten to update the init line of the player (where the initial action menu is defined).

Just change the two .sqs calls in your player's init line to .sqf, and you're all set (or download the latest version).

Awsome job guys smile_o.gif

Thanks a ton for this, already helped me out big time, man I feared going thru all these trying to find some goodies, until this came out biggrin_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Gj on that one.

One question, though: Why don't you load all anims from config? That has two advantages: waaaay less work and it is up to date, even with addon anims or after a new patch... just as a hint. smile_o.gif

Gj on that one.

One question, though: Why don't you load all anims from config? That has two advantages: waaaay less work and it is up to date, even with addon anims or after a new patch... just as a hint. smile_o.gif

I thought about that too, but decided against it, because then they most likely wouldn't be in the same order as in the Wiki list.

With a dynamic list you'd have to search for and compare every single move name (with their weird abbreviations), and it would take you 10 times as long to work your way through the list.

Once the list if fully documented then I might change the viewer to read the animations dynamically. (That would also be a good time to properly categorize the Wiki list.) But until then it's probably better if the lists are in identical order.

Way cool thanks to all concerned.

As a totall novice to edinting i have a couple of questions.

1: Can any animation be scripted to work in a user mission?

2: Why is there so many animations that dont appear in game?

Again thanks for this (for me) eyecandy notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]Can any animation be scripted to work in a user mission?
Sure - you would need either playMove or switchMove (depending on the animation).

A full list of animation names is available here (the descriptions are still pretty patchy though).

Quote[/b] ]Why is there so many animations that dont appear in game?
I guess BI felt generous... wink_o.gif