Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

just looked at these. Anybody who loves flight sims like falcon 4 will love this stuff. The targeting camera is the kind like the avionics in falcon and lockon etc I love it.

This would be fantastic in the mission rts4 airpower has too much sway in that some mando missiles would bringa level playing area.

good work.

This would be fantastic in the mission rts4

I understand this may be a bit difficult as V2.2 Beta comes without documentation. But as a very basic example to start with, you may simply add this to your init.sqs or init.sqf file:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// init.sqf file

// Mando Missile ArmA initialization

[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

Sleep 1;

// Wait until there is a player

while {isNull player} do

{

Sleep 2;

};

// Stryker_TOW units will be Patriots for players

_mcctypeaascript = "mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types\mando_missilecontrolon_patriot.sqs";

[["Stryker_TOW"], 4, 4, ["Air"], "Patriot Console", _mcctypeaascript, [0,1,0.5], [0,1,0.25], 1, -1, 0, [], 3]execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf";

Any Stryker_TOW spawned or already present in your mission will have a SAM MCC available for players in gunner position with 4 missile. This works the same for MP or SP.

You may also check "mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types\mando_missilecontrolon_patriot.sqs" which is the script that "personalizes" the characteristics of the missile fired by the strykers. You may create more scripts like that to personalize any kind of missile attached to MCC capable units.

Awesome scripts, mando. They're simply amazing.

I was wondering how to get the Stinger/Strela stuff working correctly in my own mission.

I see a script named mando_replacemissile.sqf, but I don't see it being executed anywhere. I tried de-pboing the Mando_remote mission, I can't find anything there, either.

In mando_replacemissile.sqf you personalize any missile you want to be replaced, but to have it effectively replaced when firing against a unit you need to run mando_onlymandoones.sqf in the init field of that unit. If the unit is spawned, do the following after creating it:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_spawnedunit SetVehicleInit "res = [This] execVM ""mando_missiles\units\mando_onlymandoones.sqf""";

processInitCommands;

If the unit is already in the map put this into its init field:

res = [This] execVM "mando_missiles\units\mando_onlymandoones.sqf"

Works like a charm. Thanks, Mandoble.

Edit: Hmn. After messing around with this a bit more, even if a missile is set to "Not detectable", or _detectable = false, the pilot will still get the "Incoming missle" message.

Is there a way to remove that without having to edit the scripts?

Ill admit, I didnt read every single post...

but .. where are the install directions?

I tried extracting all the PBOs into addons, nothing shows up..

tried moving the mando_missile_arma folder into arma dir and activating with =mod command..

nothing..

there are no directions in the .zip file OR in on site..

It is because MMA is not an "addon" but a script suite you may find in the mando_missiles folder.

This would be fantastic in the mission rts4

I understand this may be a bit difficult as V2.2 Beta comes without documentation. But as a very basic example to start with, you may simply add this to your init.sqs or init.sqf file:

// init.sqf file

Sleep 1;

// Wait until there is a player

while {isNull player} do

{

Sleep 2;

};

// Stryker_TOW units will be Patriots for players

_mcctypeaascript = "mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types\mando_missilecontrolon_patriot.sqs";

[["Stryker_TOW"], 4, 4, ["Air"], "Patriot Console", _mcctypeaascript, [0,1,0.5], [0,1,0.25], 1, -1, 0, [], 3]execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf";

Any Stryker_TOW spawned or already present in your mission will have a SAM MCC available for players in gunner position with 4 missile. This works the same for MP or SP.

You may also check "mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types\mando_missilecontrolon_patriot.sqs" which is the script that "personalizes" the characteristics of the missile fired by the strykers. You may create more scripts like that to personalize any kind of missile attached to MCC capable units.

I get an "dialog error" when i try to use the console from inside the Stryker. Please help.

You need some small bits in your description.ext file:

// Description.ext

#include "mando_missiles\mando_missile.h"

// Whatever your description needs here

// Sounds for the MCC (you may use any sound you want)

class CfgSounds

{

sounds[] = {mando_missile1,mando_radar1,mando_radar2,mando_target1,mando_noammo1,mando_noammo2,mando_

radaron,mando_radaroff,mando_scud,mando_lockedon};

class mando_missile1

{

name = "mando_missile1";

sound[] = {"mando_missile1.ogg", db-0, 1.0};

titles[] = {0};

};

class mando_radar1

{

name = "mando_radar1";

sound[] = {"mando_radar1.ogg", db-0, 1.0};

titles[] = {0};

};

class mando_radar2

{

name = "mando_radar2";

sound[] = {"mando_radar2.ogg", db-0, 1.0};

titles[] = {0};

};

class mando_target1

{

name = "mando_target1";

sound[] = {"mando_target1.ogg", db-0, 1.0};

titles[] = {0};

};

class mando_noammo1

{

name = "mando_noammo1";

sound[] = {"mando_noammo1.ogg", db-0, 1.0};

titles[] = {0};

};

class mando_noammo2

{

name = "mando_noammo2";

sound[] = {"mando_noammo2.ogg", db-0, 1.0};

titles[] = {0};

};

class mando_radaron

{

name = "mando_radaron";

sound[] = {"mando_radaron.ogg", db-0, 1.0};

titles[] = {0};

};

class mando_radaroff

{

name = "mando_radaroff";

sound[] = {"mando_radaroff.ogg", db-0, 1.0};

titles[] = {0};

};

class mando_lockedon

{

name = "mando_lockedon";

sound[] = {"threatnewus.ogg", db-0, 1.0};

titles[] = {0};

};

class mando_scud

{

name = "mando_scud";

sound[] = {"mando_scud.ogg", db-0, 1.0};

titles[] = {0};

};

};

Once you change your description.ext, dont forget to reload the mission from the editor so the changes will take effect.

Important note for MMA 2.2b users, 2.2b was released only for open beta-testing purposes (mostly for MP testing), it is not 2.2 final. It may help you to planify how to use these missiles and launchers in your missions, but I would reocommend you to do not integrate them yet as 2.2 final is quite close.

And now some update about new toys in 2.2 over 2.2b:

- Any object is now able to be configured as an automatic missile launcher, you are not limited to vehicles or units anymore.

- Several missile systems may be attached to a single AI unit, for example a harrier with two sidewiders (MMA system 1) and four LGBs (MMA system 2) and able to use these systems at the same time by its own against different targets acquired by its own.

- Radar lock warning. When a radar locks on you (friendly or enemy), and you are in an air unit, you will get a "Radar Lock" warning message with a warning tone (more than probably few seconds later you will get a missile incoming alarm too tounge2.gif )

- Anti-radar MMC system. Now you may assign an MCC to a unit to be able to track active surface radar emitters. This allows players to hunt down enemy active SAMs.

- Firing circle added to the center of the MCC screen, this circle keeps pale and semitransparent green while the current target doesnt match "good" firing parameters and switches to solid bright green when the firing solution with the assigned missile type is good enough. For those of you that have played ArmA Air War, this "small" change transforms the Su34 RIO in the most deadly long range system against air contacts ever seen in ArmA wink_o.gif

- Readjusted some firing positions relative to the launchers for planes to avoid these situations where the launcher (a plane flying fast and maneouvering) hits its own launched missiles.

Hi, Mandoble, really good work, thanks for still being here.

I have some trouble:

under MP i took your arma air war, added two sukoy respawn flying with both the same as you did with the harriers.

all works fine up to an enormous lag lock me on 7 fps,

i have looked around your script to find not much as i am not a good scripter.

but i have found from where the trouble comes from.

the lag happen when a bot pilot switch on his MCC

(not all the time do) and things goes back to normal when

he switch it off.

trouble is the script seams to detect the p3d ?

"...SU34.P3D switching off MCC"

mccp3d.jpg

in init.sqf i initialise:

["mk_a10_1", "mk_a10hold"]execVM"mission\spawnharriers.sqf";

["mk_a10_2", "mk_a10hold"]execVM"mission\spawnharriers.sqf";

["mk_a10_3", "mk_a10hold"]execVM"mission\spawnharriers.sqf";

["mk_su_1", "mk_a10hold"]execVM"mission\spawnsukoy.sqf";

["mk_su_2", "mk_a10hold"]execVM"mission\spawnsukoy.sqf";

the script i use to spawn the sukoy (same for harrier from your demo)

_marker = _this select 0;

_type   = _this select 1;

while {true} do

{

_a10 = createVehicle [_type, [getMarkerPos _marker select 0,getMarkerPos _marker select 1, 0], [], 0, "NONE"];

_a10 setDir 310;

_a10 SetVehicleInit "res = [This] execVM ""mando_missiles\units\mando_onlymandoones.sqf""";

processInitCommands;

group player reveal _a10;

_a10 removeMagazines "4Rnd_R73";

_a10 removeMagazines "4Rnd_Ch29";

_a10 removeWeapon "R73Launcher";

_a10 removeWeapon "Ch29Launcher";

while {alive _a10} do

{

Sleep 2;

};

splashonew = true;

Sleep 2;

splashonew = false;    

Sleep 2;

deleteVehicle _a10;

Sleep 2;

};

some time it happens after 10 minutes sometimes 2 minutes.

hope this help. if you want the pbo to check this does not come from my side. I am all yours.

In 2.2b that problem happens when an AI plane with missiles is damaged (but not destroyed) above 0.5 (damage). That lag continues until the vehicle is destroyed. This is already fixed in 2.2 and for a quick fix open mando_missileattacker.sqf which is inside \mando_missiles\units and change:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">&& (damage _disp < 0.5) &&

by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">&& (alive _disp) &&

PM me if you want futher help.

ok,I see,i'll change the condition lines and test.if this happen

again, i'll send you the pbo so you can test over 2.2

I'll pm you tonight after testing the changes.

Thanks

EDITED: The fix works fine, no more lag !

Mandoble,

I thought a bit about the p3d 'trouble'.

now i think i was very lucky to spot that radio message...

The lag coming from the fact the ai plane damage above 0.5

up to destroyed, put me on the thinking:

Once the plane is destroyed at damage = 1, it is replaced by a destroyed 3d object of the plane...Now I think we can explain the p3d radio message as follow the script just annonced the switch off of the mcc, at the time the plane object was replaced by the destroyed one (su34.p3d)

and picked up: su34.p3d switching off mcc.

if it is the case this should basicly never happen, and cause any trouble other then the funny radio annoncement.

a simple check routine could be added to avoid this at the time of messages may be.

I think that mistery message has a simple explanation:

In your case the plane was severelly damaged but not destroyed, and the pilot was still alive when MCC was switched off, but he was OUTSIDE the plane, probably he ejected. So, the name of the unnamed plane without a pilot did change to its 3D model. With pilot inside, the message should be something like: 2-4-E 1 switching off MCC.

The message is as follows:

if (_disp getVariable "mando_missileattacker_radio") then

{

if (alive _unit) then

{

_unit sideChat format["%1 switching off MCC", _disp];

};

};

_disp is the MCC unit (the plane) and _unit is the pilot.

I was saying this p3d pickup should not happen very much.

I was wrong, it does happen and nearly all the time in a busy environment.

the easiest way to see it is to spawn a minimum of 3 su and 3 av8 going to hold on the same marker point 6 miles away.

Lot of kills in the dogfight, and a lot of p3d switching of mcc.

It does not seam to do anything else to scripts or game...

Cant wait for 2.2 full smile_o.gif Got some good map making ideas! I think im gonna wait until the full version till i start work anyway

Mando Missile ArmA 2.2 beta 2 is out and available from first post. Waiting for more feedback before final 2.2 release. Enjoy biggrin_o.gif

it only contains 2 missions, wouldn't be better to release the scripts apart so we don't have to unPBO them if we want to use them ?

thanks thumbs-up.gif

Great news smile_o.gif I wont be able to test till about monday tho sad_o.gif

I wish this game with an instruction manual.... Could you explain how to simply add a unit on the map and give him AI sam ability, e.g. like a strela with one of the two sam profiles.

Instructions and tutorial missions will be available for final 2.2, the present beta (probably final beta) is out just to have some feedback.

The following is just an example step by step:

- Create a mission using Rahmadi , put there the player and an AI M113 named "sam_one", for example. Save your mission.

- Pick up "mando_missiles" folder from Arma Air War 2 and copy it into your new mission folder.

- Now create two files in your mission folder: description.ext and init.sqf

for description.ext

// Needed for Mando Missile ArmA

#include "mando_missiles\mando_missile.h"

class RscTitles

{

#include "mando_missiles\mando_missiletitles.h"

};

class CfgSounds

{

sounds[] = {};

#include "mando_missiles\mando_sounds.h"

};

For init.sqf

Sleep 1;

if (isServer) then

{

// AI units setup

_disp = sam_one;

_posunit = 0;

_ttype = ["Air"];

_quantity = 24;

_minrange = 100;

_maxrange = 4000;

_rof = 5;

_pos = [0,1,2];

_scan = 360;

_mink = 0;

_enemies = [east,sideEnemy];

[_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs";

};

Now you have an AI M113-SAM with 24 light missiles, it will engange any east air unit closer than 4Km.

Now add near the player an empty Vulcan and add the following at the end of the init.sqf file:

// Vulcan with short range missile system for players as gunner (visual aiming)

[["Vulcan"], 1, "M168", [4,0], [4,0], 0, 0, "mando_missiles\units\mando_missilevehicle.sqf", false, true, false, false, [0,1,0.5], "mando_missiles\units\keysets\mando_shilka_keys.sqf", 5, 5, 2, 0]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf";

You may get into the Vulcan as gunner, aim with the gun and fire up to four missiles against air units.

Absolutely perfect!! Thanks Mando! Great job on the script as a whole- now I'm just gonna figure out the anti radiation stuff and I'll be quite content. oh, and btw... Vipermaul got the sounds he gave you from me so I feel like I contributed a bit-- lol. Thanks again!