Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

Loving it Mandoble !

Can't wait. Tell me, are the AI able to use all these fancy tools as well ?

Really glad to see the beta put into ACE MOD !

Are the other great tools, like SAM command sorted in the final?

[TAO] Kremator

Are radar guided air to air missiles in this?  Due to the "growl tone" in the cockpit, I'm assuming that all missiles were sidewinders.  Correct?

GD Mast

You mean you can do this in ArmA 1.15 + ACE...

I think Vipermaul is doing some kind of betatesting using Mando Missile 2.35B inside ACE, but ACE is not required in any way by Mando Missile ArmA, nor ArmA 1.15Beta. MMA only requires ArmA 1.09 or newer to work.

current public version is 2.3 which you can grab from <span style='color:blue'>official OFPEC link</span>, there you will find also a link to the online help. The pack includes many demo missions with launchers configured for players and AI.

GD Mast, these are simulated IR missiles (but the lock-on sound for the launcher is configurable). MMA also supports both, chaff and flares as countermeasures and you can simulate both, radar and ir missiles there, including WSO/RIO cosoles for long range and very long range interceptions (> 30 Km) like

or

horray

You do realise there are frigates out now, whos going to be the first to add mando missiles and guns to those beauties.

I cant at the mo too busy with RL perhaps next week :-)

Does the plane fly in a straight path and constant speed while in LGB mode?

I'd like to do some high altitude accurate bombing mission. High altitude in arma that is.

Does the plane fly in a straight path and constant speed while in LGB mode?

Yes, as long as the TV user is the driver of the plane. Later today you will have a playable teaser of that mission.

Very impressive Mandoble notworthy.gif

The mission look system looks finally as an outstanding replacement

for the standard system for PvP combat. smile_o.gif

Very much looking forward to it!

<span style='color:red'>Update Jan 6 2009</span>

<span style='color:blue'>NEW MMA 2.35 teaser, Falcon 4 style</span>

Attached to the first post of the above link you will find MMA235_teaser.Intro.zip, which is a teaser of MMA 2.35B new HUD system. Do not mirror, do not include it into any addon and use it only for testing purposes as MMA 2.35 is already quite close to be public.

All mando missile functionalities not used in the teaser demo have been removed to save space.

The new mando_missilevehicle3.sqf HUD handler present in the demo will be heavily modified before 2.35 final verions to allow the customization of several hardcoded parameters in a similar way as current 2.35 TV systems.

Checking it RIGHT NOW !!!

[TAO] Kremator

Edit .... Feels very polished, Mandoble.

OK Mandoble, I have now done more testing.

I have found that, when using ACE mod, sometimes the HUD for AA disappears. You can still hear the lock on growl but nothing appears in the HUD.

Also, occassionally the GBU camera loses the lock on the ground units (I'm flying level - not too fast or slow at a reasonable height). I reckon it is about once every 20 or so GBU drops. Lock disables and camera drifts across the ground - I cannot confirm if the GBU still hits the correct location however.

I am really enjoying this beta - it does feel right for bombing (speed of movement of camera, zoom speed, lock symbol etc) and AA engagements (lock symbols, sounds, flares/chaff deployment)

Looking forward to full version.

[TAO] Kremator

PS will there be updates on the SAM control in the final version ?

OK Mandoble, I have now done more testing.

I have found that, when using ACE mod, sometimes the HUD for AA disappears.  You can still hear the lock on growl but nothing appears in the HUD.

Also, occassionally the GBU camera loses the lock on the ground units (I'm flying level - not too fast or slow at a reasonable height).  I reckon it is about once every 20 or so GBU drops.  Lock disables and camera drifts across the ground - I cannot confirm if the GBU still hits the correct location however.

I am really enjoying this beta - it does feel right for bombing (speed of movement of camera, zoom speed, lock symbol etc) and AA engagements (lock symbols, sounds, flares/chaff deployment)

Looking forward to full version.

[TAO] Kremator

PS will there be updates on the SAM control in the final version ?

1 in 20 sounds about right for real world conditons smile_o.gif

The USAF would take a 1 in 20 miss rate thats for sure

Southy

Also loving this, waiting on a final release as I wanted to check whether I can start including this in the conversions I've done/doing etc.

Kremator, I think ACE is already using an older beta version of MMA 2.35 which might explain the HUD interferences. There is an option (action menu) to toggle hud, you might try this when you see the hud dissapearing.

About the GBU lock, if the target is not remote (targetted by others) then the lock might get broken in camera mode if there is an obstacle in the line of sight between the plane and the target or if you exceeded maximum line of sight check distance between the launcher and that target. If that happens, the guided bomb will simply keep its current course while going down but will not keep tracking the marked target, so, in most cases, it will fail.

Eble, which plane do you want to try with this system?

Kremator, I think ACE is already using an older beta version of MMA 2.35 which might explain the HUD interferences. There is an option (action menu) to toggle hud, you might try this when you see the hud dissapearing.

About the GBU lock, if the target is not remote (targetted by others) then the lock might get broken in camera mode if there is an obstacle in the line of sight between the plane and the target or if you exceeded maximum line of sight check distance between the launcher and that target. If that happens, the guided bomb will simply keep its current course while going down but will not keep tracking the marked target, so, in most cases, it will fail.

Eble, which plane do you want to try with this system?

I was thinking this is what I need on the gunners seat for the F-111, Mirage 2000, F-14, F15E at the moment I have to make do with the standard BIS optics that can't be moved to locate ground targets.

Southy

Well done Eble, very nice Mirage 2000.

I've just added cameras for the gunners and huds for the drivers of your M2000D AS30L and BGL, just few lines in the init.sqf of the mission.

<span style='color:blue'>Mirage 2000D MMA 2.35B demo mission</span>

The demo uses, by default, the Mirage 2000 with LGBs, you may change it by the AS30L one to test the AS30-L system. I have really little info about the AS30 missile, might be the speed, acceleration or flight profile is incorrect.

The demo mission requires this Mirage 2000 addon.

MMA 2.35 help doc is not even started, meanwhile, find here the list of new customization vars used by the camera systems configured in mando_missiles\tv\tv_types folder (these scripts are executed by mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf):

\mando_missiles\tv\tv_types\mando_tv_hellfire.sqs used as example.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;Text that will be shown in the bottom of the camera with a description of the system

mando_tv_info       = "AGM-114 AG Missile"  

; Camera position in vehicle model coordinates, this argument is passed from mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf

mando_tv_cam_pos    = [_camerapos select 0,_camerapos select 1,_camerapos select 2]

; Missile idx, pased from mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf. If < 0, then it is an existing weapon idx -1 in negative, for example, for real weapon idx 2 the value would be -2 -1 = -3. For non existing weapons just use an idx >= 0 (each missile system in a vehicle must have a different idx)

mando_tv_missileidx = _missileidx

; Background color [R,G,B,A] for the camera, parameter specified in mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf

mando_tv_backcolor  = _backcolor

; Target types array for this camera system ("Air", "Ships", "Vehicles", "REMOTE" and/or "RADAR")

mando_tv_target_types = [];

mando_tv_target_types = mando_tv_target_types + _targettypes;

; Required maximum angle in degrees between screen center and a potential target to lock on it.

mando_tv_ang_to_lock = 1

; Vehicle that has the camera system

mando_tv_plane = vehicle player

; Switching between auto/semi-auto/manual guidance modes not allowed (true / false)

mando_tv_no_manauto = false

; Switching between remote and local target acquisition modes not allowed (true / false)

mando_tv_no_remloc = false

; Initial acquisition mode REMOTE (true / false)

mando_tv_remote = false

; Initial guidance mode MANUAL (true / false)

mando_tv_man = false

; Fire and forget missile? (true / false). If false, the lock must be kept until missile impact, else the missile will fail

mando_tv_faf = false

; Initial angle of the camera, pased in camera array from mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf

mando_tv_init_ang = _camerapos select 3

; Maximum angle of the camera, pased in camera array from mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf

mando_tv_max_ang = _camerapos select 4

; Weapon type: "MISSILE" or "GUN"

mando_tv_wtype = "MISSILE"

; Is the camera showing potential targets (green squares)? (true / false)

mando_tv_sensor_rects = true

; Detectable area width in front of the camera (doesnt matter for remote targets)

mando_tv_sensor_rng_w = 1000

; Detectable area length in front of the camera (doesnt matter for remote targets)

mando_tv_sensor_rng_l = 3000

; Firing position in model coordinates sent by mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf (doesnt matter if missile idx < 0, using onboard existing weapons)

mando_tv_firing_pos = [_launchpos select 0, _launchpos select 1,_launchpos select 2]

; Weapon lenght (applies in most cases for guns)

mando_tv_weapon_length = 0;

? ((count _launchpos) > 3): mando_tv_weapon_length = _launchpos select 3

; Fixed firing angle (relative to vehicle direction) if >= 0, else the missile will be fired direclty aiming at the target

mando_tv_init_dir = _fixeddir

; Ammo based (applies if missile idx < 0, using oboard weapons): "MissileBase" or LaserBombCore"

mando_tv_ammo_base = "MissileBase"

; Minimum delay between fires sent by mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf

mando_tv_firing_delay = _scanstoload

; Weapon used (if no existing weapon, "")

mando_tv_weaponname = "HellfireLauncher"

; Switching between auto/semi-auto/manual guidance modes not allowed (true / false)

manto_tv_no_manauto = false

; Switching between remote and local target acquisition modes not allowed (true / false)

manto_tv_no_remloc = false

Mandoble,

When looking through the script you posted I found a typo (or is it ?)

[TAO] Kremator

I belive it says manto in that quote, not mando as would be expected.

ah! I see, you are right, good finding smile_o.gif

Correcting it now.

Very nice work Mandoble!

Did a 10 minutes first ingame test of the latest version today

finally. Huge gameplay addition. notworthy.gif

Looking forward to the final version.