Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

I'm not entirely sure why but I can't get the mando's tow's to work outside of his example missions. I got to the point where I copied everything from the scripted version but the mission file and tried that with no dice.

Other than the entries in init.sqf and description.ext it doesnt need anything else does it?

EDIT: NM. Whoever made the map i was working on.....great job naming a AI thats part of your camera intro PLAYER...... great job, really youre a freaking genius. ugh.

Is the Game-logic also in the mission?

If you are still having trouble and Mandoble doesnt help here, catch him over at the OFPEC forum, theres a MM thread.

Total, if you still having problems after the PMs, might be a good idea to copy here your full init.sqf to check it.

mando hope you have got your PC working again i've been stuck in ww2 :-) could do with some new mando toys to play with. I might try adding mando guns to the lancaster today :-)

edit

Yeah i wasnt asking for an update either kremator ;-)

It's the draw of Fallout3 ... I know what he means. Unfortunately FO3 can only hold me for so long before I want to pound things with Mando Missiles and Bombs !!!

I won't ask for an update as people jump up and down in a fit of rage.

So this is me NOT asking for an update.

[TAO] Kremator

ok, so it was you smile_o.gif

I used the scripted version but i can not select hi or direct in the action menu.

Quote[/b] ]

// Mando Missile ArmA initialization. First parameter set to true to use the addon version, just to save space in this demo mission.

// Change it to false and remove first \ if you want to use the script suite version

[false]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

// Missile replacement set for any vehicle on the map

if (isServer) then

{

{_eh = _x addEventHandler ["IncomingMissile",{_this execVM "mando_missiles\mando_replacemissile_example.sqf"}]} forEach vehicles;

processInitCommands;

};

// Provides Javelin firing mode selection actions

[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_haveiajavelin.sqf";

In the Javelin example mando_haveiajavelin.sqf, mando_javelin_mode.sqf and mando_replacemissile_example.sqf are all in the mission folder, not inside mando_missiles folder, so your paths to the scripts seem to be wrong.

Hmm. i did put all those files in the mando_missile folder ..

i will put them back in the mission folder then and then see if that works smile_o.gif

If you put them inside mando missile folder, then it should be ok. Are you using 2.3 or 2.35 beta?

i am using 2.3 version ..

I am using this in warfare ,should this be an problem ? i know i put this in initmission file but maby the code is not good for warfare ?

No idea about Warfare, perhaps you are placing that code in a section of init.sqf which is not being executed.

i think its correct because support mando_console is running perfect there.

And when i buy the javlin i get the option but i can not chose between the options its just stands on i believe hi- direct

You always have a single action:

Javelin: Hi->Direct

OR

Javelin: Direct->Hi

When you select Hi->Direct you switch from Hi to Direct and the action is replaced by Direct -> Hi

If then you select Direct -> Hi, the action is replaced by Hi -> Direct and the new mode is High.

You always have a single action:

Javelin: Hi->Direct

OR

Javelin: Direct->Hi

When you select Hi->Direct you switch from Hi to Direct and the action is replaced by Direct -> Hi

If then you select Direct -> Hi, the action is replaced by Hi -> Direct and the new mode is High.

well its doesn`t switch at all its just stay on 1 action

hi -> direct

i click on it but its not switching at all

If you moved the scripts placement (folder), then open mando_javelin_mode.sqf and change there also the path of mando_javelin_mode.sqf there:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

/* mando_javelin_mode.sqf

By Mandoble July 2008

*/

(_this select 0) removeAction (_this select 2);

if ((_this select 3) == 0) then

{

(_this select 0) setVariable ["mando_javelin_mode", 0];

mando_javelin_ac = (_this select 0) addAction ["Javelin: Hi->Direct", "mando_javelin_mode.sqf", 1];

}

else

{

(_this select 0) setVariable ["mando_javelin_mode", 1];

mando_javelin_ac = (_this select 0) addAction ["Javelin: Direct->Hi", "mando_javelin_mode.sqf", 0];

};

just weird ...i see the problem ...i don`t know how that happend but i changed nothin with the nummers there

Quote[/b] ]

/* mando_javelin_mode.sqf

By Mandoble July 2008

*/

(_this select 0) removeAction (_this select 2);

if ((_this select 3) == 0) then

{

(_this select 0) setVariable ["mando_javelin_mode", 1];

mando_javelin_ac = (_this select 0) addAction ["Javelin: Hi->Direct", "mando_javelin_mode.sqf", 1];

}

else

{

(_this select 0) setVariable ["mando_javelin_mode", 0];

mando_javelin_ac = (_this select 0) addAction ["Javelin: Direct->Hi", "mando_javelin_mode.sqf", 0];

So it works now ..tnks mando for you patience

I suppose the code you posted was the probematic one, because it is wrong, it should be as I posted before.

<span style='color:red'>Update Dec 8 2008</span>

<span style='color:blue'>NEW MMA 2.35 open beta 3</span>

Attached to the first post you will find Amma235_beta.zip, which is the third beta test pack of MMA 2.35B. Do not mirror, do not include it into any addon and use it only for testing purposes as MMA 2.35 is already quite close to be public.

Two missions are included, AH1W_MMA235.Intro and mando_sams_sa2.Intro.

AH1W_MMA235.Intro is ready to test AH1-Z (for gunner), AV8B (GBU), A10 and USEC C130. You may change the default pilot's vehicle from AH1Z to any of these to test their systems. Mando Gun Lite in AG mode has been greatly improved.

Mandoble,

SUPERB work friend. I have avoided the 'is it ready yet' comments as I knew that you were playing FO3 smile_o.gif

Will thoroughly test this - GTA4 permitting smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

And we thank you for that. It really serves no purpose. wink_o.gif

Good stuff Mando, so far I really like what I see.

Forgot to add something which might be interesting for people using stealth planes in their missions. Stealth class array is now active and working, you may test it with the SA2 mission included in the new 2.35 beta pack (check init.sqf).

Thanks for all your hard work Mandoble, I've been enjoying your missiles and flares for quite sometime. Very impressive.

2.35 final is now quite close. This is a small dev update.

- New HUD targets representation.

- HUD Lock is broken if angle between sensor and target is greater than a configurable value.

- You may use virtual weapons or/and real weapons for both, HUD and TV camera systems.

- Up to six potential targets supported on HUD display.

- BVR lock and track capability added to the HUD targeting system.

- New HUD colors.

- TV Camera missiles can be configured as fire and forget or not, if not you cannot break the lock while the missile is inflight to select a different target.

- TV Camera sensor can be configured as present or not. If present, potential targets will be marked on the camera display, if not, you will need to locate the targets visually (this doesnt affect to remote targets).