Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

Actually I think I have found the same thing with the sidewinders. At first I thought I had put the launch point too low, but it seems that it is a speed problem.

I have now a port of Evoultion V3 MHQ Unranked if anyone would like the updated version. It DOES require the server to have USEC_C130 addon but that is all.

Can't wait to get rid of my obsolete version, Mandoble !!

Keep coding mate ..... keep coding! Your scripts are like a drug ... MUST HAVE MORE !!!!

[TAO] Kremator

'official cheerleader of the Mandoble fanclub'

kremator  I would like your evo version perhaps I can swap you for my warfare.

I have used the camel as the c130 so no addons you can always swap them over.

I'll pm you a link to it in a bit dont want to release public yet as mando stuff still in beta.

Been getting the speed problem a few times.. but perhaps it is realistic as I seem to remember in Falcon 4 you had to be below about 400 knots (I may be wrong)

Might be it is not a speed problem but a movement problem, for example, if you drop the bomb while moving your aircraft nose down, the bomb will likely hit your wing.

Also a side note about firing position, it works only if you dont use BIS weapons, else it is the position where the BIS weapon is spawned at firing time.

ahh that may be it I'll just have to level out properly rather than come in at funny angles :-}

ahh that may be it I'll just have to level out properly rather than come in at funny angles :-}

Actually, Mandoble, is there a way to level out the aircraft?

I know you have the clever work-around of keeping the aircraft pointing in the same direction without losing height but it would be nice to have the system 'looking stable'.

If not don't worry - can't hold out much longer before next beta smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

PS just kidding - take as long as you need - this is ALL quality work !

Fire and forget will be also available in next beta for AG missiles, you may break the lock or close the camera in these cases after launch.

ok mando yet another request for you. Is there anyway we can have the spectre gunship config for the recon in mando bombs (woops wrong section). So we can call in a gunship and use all the recon stuff but with the side guns etc.

Praise be to mando.

Fire and forget will be also available in next beta for AG missiles, you may break the lock or close the camera in these cases after launch.

Hi mando

Any way to turn off the ability to spot targets with the green square. this system is getting so easy it could be considered a cheat. In real life they have to find the target to be able to kill it. I dont think you can ripple fire mavericks from an a-10. Just a thought.

Noooooooo .... don't turn off that ability. It's wonderful. All you have to do is put effective AA in your mission. I know that having 4 SAMs firing at you is an EFFECTIVE deterent to entering an area. That's why I send the grunts in to clear them out ... THEN I have my fun!

@colligpip - that's a wonderful idea ! It would also get around the circling an area problem !! PLEASE let it be so Mandoble.

[TAO] Kremator

gunterlund modern missiles use variety of guidance systems - its bit dangerous for pilots to track the missiles to targets only with their eyes. What if an pilot has to maneuvre/break because of some new threats? Missiles are developed, upgraded to find autonomous path to the target, track and destroy them.

You are partly wrong with:

Quote[/b] ]In real life they have to find the target to be able to kill it.

They got lot of informations via satellites, radar, AWACS and even from ground. Think why they improving communication and data systems - its not like in WW1 or WW2 anymore. wink_o.gif

mando dont get rid of the lock on square ever.... please can you go the other way and add more functionality to the missiles. I am thinking about full stand off like the Longbow has. So you could scan an area get the targets then go behind a mountain and launch a salvo of pre-locked on missiles.

Or have proper Lock on after launch so you can fire pop up and then have the system auto target in the split second you are exposed.

to gunterland you should try adding Mando AI sams then you'll see how hard it can be.

ps .. Yes Kremator I recon this is the way to go with the c130 with it in the bomb console we can have it lurking overhead ( I really just want to remake that good bit in cod 4 in Arma to put on youtube:-)

gunterlund modern missiles use variety of guidance systems - its bit dangerous for pilots to track the missiles to targets only with their eyes. What if an pilot has to maneuvre/break because of some new threats? Missiles are developed, upgraded to find autonomous path to the target, track and destroy them.

You are partly wrong with:

Quote[/b] ]In real life they have to find the target to be able to kill it.

They got lot of informations via satellites, radar, AWACS and even from ground. Think why they improving communication and data systems - its not like in WW1 or WW2 anymore. wink_o.gif

Problem is the A-10 had none of that. Either a target is getting lased for them or they have to search for it via MFD. As I said Im pretty sure they cant ripple fire Mavericks. I think the only aircraft that can do that is the Apache with the Longbow radar and the hell fire.

I think the camera should allow you to visually acquire the target then lock, but dont give the green box that allows you to quickly slew over. Make us work for a living.

newer A-10s have been fitted with the Litening Pod ( so I just read on wikipedia) which from what I can tell works in similar way to the mando setup. Any A-10 pilots here?

..................... perhaps theres a way to disable the target aquire mode for old fash A-10s

gunterlund, I know pretty well what you mean and this will be available too. You will be able to configure the camera/missile systems as:

- radar system: you get the squares of detected potential targets and the selected target gets a radar lock warning. Your selected position or target is not marked as remote target.

- laser system: you dont get the squares (while you get the romb for the locked on target) and locked on target or selected position becomes a remote target so other units might lock on it too working on remote mode.

- IR system: You get the squares.

Aside of these, the missiles fire from camera systems may work as:

- Fire and Forget, which means that you can break the lock or close the system after firing the missile.

- No FAF: which means that you need to keep the lock all the time until impact. This is valid for laser system working on "Local" mode as well as radar system working in semi-active mode (Sparrow like).

colligpip, the system you are describing is already covered by MCC, but for a single target, not for an array of targets. With the MCC working on "Vehicles" mode you can popup, lock on a target, select its position (MCC mark) on the small map, and the move inside missile range but hidden behind a hill, select the MCC mark as target and fire a missile.

gunterlund, I know pretty well what you mean and this will be available too. You will be able to configure the camera/missile systems as:

- radar system: you get the squares of detected potential targets and the selected target gets a radar lock warning. Your selected position or target is not marked as remote target.

- laser system: you dont get the squares (while you get the romb for the locked on target) and locked on target or selected position becomes a remote target so other units might lock on it too working on remote mode.

- IR system: You get the squares.

Aside of these, the missiles fire from camera systems may work as:

- Fire and Forget, which means that you can break the lock or close the system after firing the missile.

- No FAF: which means that you need to keep the lock all the time until impact. This is valid for laser system working on "Local" mode as well as radar system working in semi-active mode (Sparrow like).

colligpip, the system you are describing is already covered by MCC, but for a single target, not for an array of targets. With the MCC working on "Vehicles" mode you can popup, lock on a target, select its position (MCC mark) on the small map, and the move inside missile range but hidden behind a hill, select the MCC mark as target and fire a missile.

wow good job Mando as always.

ok mando yet another request for you. Is there anyway we can have the spectre gunship config for the recon in mando bombs (woops wrong section). So we can call in a gunship and use all the recon stuff but with the side guns etc.

Praise be to mando.

Well I have done the first bit. The C130 can be used as the Reco plane ..... unfortunately it has the hellfires and not the gun sad_o.gif

It will need Mandoble to work his magic here. It most certainly is a 'fix' for the single pilot problem and no loitering on-station.

[TAO] Kremator

Once I finish with 2.35 and being 2.35 not beta anymore, then mando bombs will be able to use it, not now. Now it is just beta testing time.

And there is point to test in MP for the current beta version, I applied a fix to Colligpip problem trying to use AI gunner's BIS missiles from pilot seat, this now works well in SP but it has not been tested in MP (dedi) when the player is not the leader of the group of the gunner or even they are in different groups.

I can volunteer to test things on a dedi server if you wish Mandoble.

[TAO] Kremator

My desktop doesnt boot any more and the laptop cannot run ArmA  banghead.gif

I dont know when/if i'll buy a new desktop, so atm my projects are "PAUSED" (hopefully not forever).

NOOOOOooooooooo..........

Hope you get it sorted soon Mandoble. You have a community waiting on the full release in great anticipation.

Try hitting it with a hammer !

[TAO] Kremator

Thats called "AI counterstrike" - joking, couldnt resist. wink_o.gif

Hopefully you will find some better hardware or suitable upgrades!

Can someone help me out here?

New to Mando Missiles.

I have what I want working when I preview the mission in the editor, but when I export to an MP mission and upload it to my server - it doesn't work.

I have the mando_missile folder (w/ scripts inside) in the mission files when the mission gets pbo'ed.

What files do I need on the server side and what do I need to be running on the client side so it will function in an MP setting?

And/or, is there a config setting I'm missing for it to work in Mp?

I have searched through many a page on Mando's missiles here and abroad, but cannot find the answer. Can someone enlighten me?